• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud announced for Smash Bros

Peléo

Really disappointed with Cloud in Smash. Was hoping for other Nintendo characters to be announced. Didn´t enjoy his moveset from what was shown in the trailers as well. At least I will enjoy the Final Fantasy music.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Half the internet right now
CTpVO0zU8AAbI6F.jpg

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
This'll make a ton of fanboys and fangirls happy, but as someone that wasn't drinking the Playstation/Final Fantasy Kool-Aid in the 90s I'm fairly indifferent to his inclusion.

RomanceDawn

Like I said the only characters that would actually surprise me are Ridley and Toad...

WHO AM I KIDDING THAT MADE MY JAW DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's the beauty of not being spoiled by leaks, almost everyone is legit shook.

I think we'd all be just as much shocked if Cloud got leaked anyways.

gerudoman

Disgusting. I decided long ago to buy every DLC character no matter which one it was, but I might as well make an exception with him.

Kinsei

Banned
On one hand it's yet another third party newcomer before a first party newcomer but on the other hand CLOUD IS IN FUCKING SMASH BROS.

There's no way the FFVII Remake isn't coming to NX now.

Rephin

Cloud in Smash was the only good thing about that Nintendo Direct.

Love it. The inevitable amiibo is gonna break people too.

zeioIIDX

Man...I had the Direct playing on my phone while working on dinner....All of a sudden I hear that familiar melody start to play. I think to myself, "Nah...they are fucking with me." Then I looked at my phone and saw a starry night sky and my heart started to pound. When the music came full blast and it said Final Fantasy VII, I could NOT fucking believe it. Omnislash is in, classic and Advent Children outifts, a Midgar level with summons that wreck the stage. Oh man....you know what I'm just now realizing? My eyebrows have been raised this entire time in shock. I'm not exaggerating lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Everybody should have expected him to be Square Enix's representative. It's just their most popular character ever.

And, honestly? Who cares if he has only had cameos in Kingdom Hearts games and Theathrhythm. That reveal was hype.

Highwind

Smash got Cloud.

Playstation Allstars couldn't even get Lightning.

Let that sink in.

I can't stop laughing at how this just happened.

Nintendo has to be getting FF7 in some fashion.

dr_mario

What the actual fuck xD I'm laughing my ass off... That's so random xD Was there ANY rumor that said Cloudy with a note of big swords today?

Damn, i hate SONY.
Instead bring CLOUD to playstation all stars battle royale, they come up with ISAAC CLARKE.

Anyway...
Looks cool. i dunno what expect on the future roster.

Gvitor

This makes absolutely no sense. I'll sure take it, but I was "WHAT IN THE WHAT" the entire presentation.

He looks very cool though.

Hyped for the december Smash presentation.

DrArchon

"You want Cloud for, what was it, Playstation All-Stars? How 'bout you piss off!"

"Cloud in Smash? Yeah sure, why not?"

We're livin' in the bizarro timeline here.

Astral Dog

Just confirmed in the direct.

This doesn't make sense.

He has some sort of limit break mechanic that boosts his attacks and recovery. No release info given unless I missed it somehow.

My thoughts:

What a terrible pick. It's hard to find a character more associated with the PS1 specifically. Never really appeared on a Nintendo system except for some spin offs like Theathrythm. Why not go with an earlier FF character, who would actually be associated with Nintendo? Feels like a dumb decision.

Also fuck Sony for not getting him in All-Stars when fucking Nintendo could do it in Smash.

That Cloud!?
Cloud-ffvii-sword.png

To be fair neither was Snake, and i will tell you, this could mean a certain port of an upcoming game may be coming to Nintendos next console ;)

Took so long to log in and see the shit go down here XD Nintendo is destroying GAF.

They just threw down the gauntlet and said "All characters are possible forever."

I shudder to think of what the December update holds.

Something like Goku just went from far flung to downright plausible.

Top Bottom