• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Yo COMICGAF, i only check this thread once in a while but i was wondering if anyone knew of a good mini series Comic these days? Kinda like Six Gun Gorilla, a couple issues and BAM! done! I don't have time for ongoing much these days so this would be welcome?
I dunno if you're into Morrison, but Flex Mentallo and We3 are great reads and very short.
JC is back this month?
Next month. I'm sure he's dying to join in on the Convergence hype.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is Wolverine & the X-men a fun read?
If you're talking about Jason Aaron's run, then for the first 10 or so issues, it's fucking excellent. At some point pretty early on though, the book gets dragged into event after event and becomes a slog. Some people didn't mind the large run of event-fucked issues, but they are a huge bummer, especially compared to the beginning of the run. The book just wasn't allowed to breath, and got completely sidetracked, I feel.

Clap Zerdsky is my hero. He should wite a book with Erica Henderson.

Clap is a Canadian treasure. I'm no Canadologist, but I'm pretty sure he's President or Prime Whatever over there. Only frye can confirm.

I saw Convergence was $4.99 and I'm not bout that life. I fully expect posts from GH and Korupt to make it feel like I'm reading it however. Hope you guys deliver.

Oh and can someone on that baller status tell me how Uncanny Inhumans is?

Final issues of Future's End, Batman Eternal, and Earth 2: Worlds End.

Are we prepared?

This plus Nintendo Direct today, my body is so not ready.

Also fucking hell The Flash tv show is amazing. [spoilers]When he was getting ready to phase through something for the first time, holy shit if I got goose bumps I would have had goose bumps[/spoiler]

iZombie was damn good too, but The Flash, soooooo fucking good.

*edit* Also I'm not burned out, man I was just thinking earlier in the week how fucking good comics are right now. I will stand alone.

Convergence was a total snooze. Batman Eternal was a perfect finish, complete with
LaFuente pages

Looks like I'm on a two month DC vacay.

This plus Nintendo Direct today, my body is so not ready.

d6ToAIW.gif

*edit* Also I'm not burned out, man I was just thinking earlier in the week how fucking good comics are right now. I will stand alone.

I'm not burnt out yet, videogames just took over briefly. I'm back now. Got two issues of Gotham Academy to read, two issues of Multiversity to catch up on, and a new issue of Uncanny Avengers. This is gonna be a good week for comics.

Yeah. I mean, it's an actual 0 issue in that it's a prologue, but it didn't hook me at all.

Nice Slint avatar, btw.

Cheers!
Normally I'm a fan of 0 issues if they set things up nicely, I thought Future's End 0 was great and set things up nicely but in Convergence, nothing much happened at all.

Reading Future's End 48 really hit home how much of a sucker I was for thinking it would be better executed. I feel conned buying all of the issues.

FeD.nL

cOMICgaf love it.

If you're talking about Jason Aaron's run, then for the first 10 or so issues, it's fucking excellent. At some point pretty early on though, the book gets dragged into event after event and becomes a slog. Some people didn't mind the large run of event-fucked issues, but they are a huge bummer, especially compared to the beginning of the run. The book just wasn't allowed to breath, and got completely sidetracked, I feel.

Hmm shame about the events, still i'm really interested in it, might have to just pull the trigger. Thanks though you both!

Cheers!
Normally I'm a fan of 0 issues if they set things up nicely, I thought Future's End 0 was great and set things up nicely but in Convergence, nothing much happened at all.

Reading Future's End 48 really hit home how much of a sucker I was for thinking it would be better executed. I feel conned buying all of the issues.

I'm still tempted to get them all for the Ryan Sook covers...

Even if Futures End was on the weaker end (and there were parts I did actually really like) I think DC was at least 2/3. Batman Eternal was great and Worlds End was exciting.

Bii

I'm not burnt out, either, I just can't afford comics.

Comics can get expensive. :( I'm trying to be more selective with what I purchase and I think I've been showing a great amount of self control every Wednesday when I go to my LCS.

It also helps that you guys give me a heads up on what not to pick up. By the sounds of it, Convergence #0 can be skipped.

mreddie

Rage of Ultron:

HOLY SHIT.

Looks like Hank got disposed of because of the movie and this results in him fusiondancing with Ultron.

Just read Convergence #0: Not sure what Birdie was talking about; It clearly sets up what is going on and I'm really fascinated by it.

And it's a nice touch to show that everything that has ever happened, has happened, and still matters even if their timeline doesn't exist anymore.

ElNarez

Banned
are there pages missing in my copy of Future's End or does it just not actually end, which is all kinds of bullshit?

Owzers

under spoiler tags?

GH brought up sending Ultron into space, i assume it was the movie so i looked up sending ultron into space and
i see it's the starting premise for Rage and people also think it will be part of the third act in Age of Ultron movie because of Hulk stuff

GH brought up sending Ultron into space, i assume it was the movie so i looked up sending ultron into space and
i see it's the starting premise for Rage and people also think it will be part of the third act in Age of Ultron movie because of Hulk stuff

Sounds more like speculation to me >shrug<

I was just commenting on the solicit info in the first post where it explicitly stated that the heroes had sent Ultron into space.

Messi

Accidentally bought Batwoman annual 2 without realizing it was and annual. Guess I am going to space.

Fuck that first issue sucked balls

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Birdie mentioned that Remeder putted Rage in some kind of way in his last couple of runs, so should I have read Uncanny Avengers and Axis before?

Owzers

I don't like placing IST orders trying to get up to $50 for free shipping. One of these days i'm not going to know what to get and end up getting Sunstone just to fill the price quota. Who gets that kind of stuff?

Squire

Banned
Why do trades get so expensive as a series goes on? The audience dropping off? They're nesr impulse buy for me at -$10, but these later X-Men trades are $20. Jesus.

Owzers

Why do trades get so expensive as a series goes on? The audience dropping off? They're nesr impulse buy for me at -$10, but these later X-Men trades are $20. Jesus.

Hmmmmm well regarding Image they do introductory priced vol 1 trades at $9.99 sometimes and the next volume will typically be $14.99. When it comes to Marvel you're paying a premium for higher quality stories that only X-men characters can provide so the price is adjusted accordingly. Sure, $20 for 4 issues might seem steep but how else are they going to be able to afford to move the X-Men to their own planet?

Calling it now; This "joke" will become so popular that it actually happens. Then the joke is on Koto. Then on us when they get our money.

That's what I was thinking. That silhouette there is existing art of her, so obviously not drawn by Shunya Yamashita. But I've been dying for a Squirrel Girl bishoujo. I'm surprised they announced a Lady Deadpool before SG.

Top Bottom