• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Earth 2: Worlds End #26 was pretty damn awesome. Some particularly badass scenes. Really looking forward to their part in Convergence and then Earth 2: Society, in June.

Furyous

Futures End 48

IT WAS ALL POINTLESS. Two things changed from the first issue until the last issue.
Can we talk about the sheer absurdity of Bruce's plan? He seriously thought blowing up Brother Eye would stop everything but neglected Terrifictech. Basically, Bruce should've set the device to go back to destroy terrifictech or assassinate Mr. Terrific before he built Brother Eye. Atom survived and Firestorm split with Madison staying alive.
What was the point of this series?

I'm never reading another DC epic again week by week. Yeah, fuck them and their shoddy writing. DC never released a proper Terry McGuinness origin story either.

*EDIT*

DC needs more villains because they're clearly running out of steam. Go read convergence and ask yourself why DC refuses to create new villains.

Futures End 48

IT WAS ALL POINTLESS. Two things changed from the first issue until the last issue.
Can we talk about the sheer absurdity of Bruce's plan? He seriously thought blowing up Brother Eye would stop everything but neglected Terrifictech. Basically, Bruce should've set the device to go back to destroy terrifictech or assassinate Mr. Terrific before he built Brother Eye. Atom survived and Firestorm split with Madison staying alive.

I'm never reading another DC epic again week by week. Yeah, fuck them and their shoddy writing. DC never released a proper Terry McGuinness origin story either.

You should read every Batman epic again week by week tho

Acuna's art in Uncanny Avengers is so good. Wish we didn't have such a long wait between 2 and 3 cause now I want to read 4. Really interested in seeing where
the Wanda and Pietro stuff with the High Evolutionary is going. Also: I can't believe we got robot sex too.

Sadist

Nintendo Direct hype in the comics thread?

Good folks.

Avengers #43

Calm before the storm. It all ends next issue :(

Spider-Man #17

Eh. I really don't care for Black Cat.

Spider-Gwen #03

Nice.

Bii

I can't wait to see new footage of the only two games i'll be renting on Wii U for the rest of this year.

D:

I haven't been playing much of console games lately. The only game I've consistently played since last fall is NBA 2K15. You guys bought that when it was $11 the other day, right?

Organized my comics a bit and now I need more short boxes. Including today's haul, I'm only 7 monthlies behind!

Blackrock Mountain next week for the next five weeks, new PC and Mortal Kombat X in two weeks. I'm set for awhile. Probably going to play Shadow of Mordor as my single-player game, looks mindless but entertaining.

I am way past being hyped for MKX, what is the next level up from hyped?

Messi pls. That's Birdie Hype, obviously.

647301bc49e9159a45c93f48dcaf612f5bfe46c246c45df09494ae1fc10225f8.jpg

Someone should shop this with Birdie's av.

Futures End 48

*EDIT*

DC needs more villains because they're clearly running out of steam. Go read convergence and ask yourself why DC refuses to create new villains.
Future's End is a body blow on why I'm burned out on comics....

Sadist

I actually played far more console games for the past two months. But that's because I got a PS3 (free) from a friend of mine. So I kinda completed The Last of Us + DLC, Uncharted 2 and 3, Persona 3, Catherine, Kingdom Hearts HD and South Park TSOT for the past two months. Woops.

And my backlog is pretty big.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So I remember half joking back when AXIS was going on that that series broke remender..... After reading Uncanny Avengers #3 I am pretty sure I was right.

The only saving grace is the fact that so many of those characters are the carryover from AXIS it might just be the characters themselves are holding him back.

Messi

So I remember half joking back when AXIS was going on that that series broke remender..... After reading Uncanny Avengers #3 I am pretty sure I was right.

The only saving grace is the fact that so many of those characters are the carryover from AXIS it might just be the characters themselves are holding him back.

I have really been enjoying it personally.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I have really been enjoying it personally.

It had a spark when it started but now its just bleh to me.
I mean vision fathering babies, Sabretooth acting like AoA wildchild, and a the low evolutionary being just a nickname... meh
Considering this is an opportunity for Remender to rewrite these characters characterization and go bat shit crazy story wise since this story probably won't matter in a year. These first 3 issues felt like he was playing it safe with the main characters. Which is the opposite of what makes Remender stories great.

Top Bottom