• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Messi

Yeah, not much happening south of Shaw. A lot of new housing developments and businesses are avoiding central Fresno for good reason.

Um, wow, did that just happen? Do not highlight if you haven't read Black Science #13.
Did they just torched Pia!?

Let's talk. How about that killer crossover by Steph last night? Even my casual friends are talking about it.

Curry straight up murdered CP3's ankles that's why casual people are talking about it.

Boogiepop

Amiibo are slowly devouring my wallet, bit by bit. I'm way too much of a Nintendo guy, and I'm starting to realize it's hard to think of much they could make that I wouldn't want. Ugh, my poor budget. Gold Mario has been my only "pass" so far. I feel like maybe I could hold myself back from getting all three colors of yarn Yoshi, but it's going to be tough. This stuff is trouble, guys.

Also, freaking SMTxFE revived and it looks goddamn amazing. That Direct really did deliver.

Oh, and comics. Those are a thing. I should probably read some sometime...

Edit: Also, I just realized I never confirmed this directly, but Foolkiller is as awful as it sounds, right? Pretty sure it's not supposed to be a hidden gem or anything, but I believe it got totally taken as a legit suggestion a bit back...

Here's my take on his current books. Low is awesome and the art is gorgeous. Deadly class had a cool concept in issue one and abondoned it in issue 2. Which I've never seen done before But it's still a fun book. Black science is inconsistent. Uncanny Avengers is a mess.
Yep. I really wanted to read a book like issue one. Even the interviews leading up to it described the series as being like issue one. Remender was supposed to be the chosen one......

frye

Oh man, Rage of Ultron was pretty great outside of the artistic compromises.

e:

JEKKI buy Doom Patrol

And JC says Ultron Forever > Rage of Ultron can anyone else confirm

It's hard to say for sure, but yeah Forever probably gets a slight edge (really dug Rage tho)

headshot95

Neo Member
I just finished Sexcastle which was release a couple weeks back. It was hilarious with some great and vulgar dialogue. It also had over the top action and most importantly it was a fun read.

IqE5xHnl.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Going to read everyone's favorite event Age of Ultron after Civil War to celebrate our new overlord Ultron

Speaking of CW, it's moving at a snails pace. still 32 issues to go >_<

Harley Quinn was goofy as always this month. Amanda and Jimmy have way too much fun writing this book, I really liked the
Hot Topic jab that was completely self-aware.
I think the next issue is gonna be really fun when she has her new gang, so I'm pretty excited for that. Shame I gotta wait till fuckin June.

THANKS DC

JEKKI

Van Lente is a really solid writer. Really enjoyed his BND Spider-Man work. I think he's mostly doing work on Archie these days?
He did like 25 issues of Archer and Armstrong for Valiant, which was real good.

Now he does Ivar Timewalker, which is pretty much a continuation of Archer & Armstrong but focusing on another character from that family. It's good, but not as good as A&A, but still has a lot of potential.

again he did the recent Magnus Robot Fighter run which I cannot recommend enough and I hope everyone here reads it! Fingers crossed they do a comixology sale, coz when they do I'm gonna tell everyone to buy it!!

and Resurrectionists for Dark Horse which is not only digital only now, but why the heck doesnt comixology sell it?!?!?! Resurrectionists is pretty good, but super confusing >_<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Black Panther Civil war tie in was cool. Panther is a badass man, and Tony continues to be a dick in every tie in he appears in.

JEKKI buy Doom Patrol

And JC says Ultron Forever > Rage of Ultron can anyone else confirm
Yeah.
Rage is good, much better than anything Remender has written for Marvel in recent times but I felt Forever showed more promise and was simply better written. Forever has a much better lineup too.

Both feature great art though.

Ugh just transferred my solicits to Economic comics given that my LCS is closing soon.
June has 50 titles alone, some with multiple issues, my wallet weeps.

So, Convergence #0: Let's talk. Here is what we learn,

During the events of Superman: Doomed, Superman defeats Brainiac but pushing his ass into a Black Hole. We learn, in this issue, that during that time he was pulled outside of time itself where he encounters what I assume is Brainiac Prime, who goes on to explain that Superman is always a factor in any universe in which he exists, see the many "deaths" from classic storylines, before Brainiac Prime decides to pay a visit to his Earth. We then go on a slightly erratic journey on the surface of a bleak, desolate world, where incarnations of every Brainiac that has ever existed talk with Superman, who is trying to find a way home. We learn about the various dead timelines and how Brainiac pulled portions of them away and put them onto this living world (think Mogo-ish) that he had pulled outside of time). Turns out that with time being so weird and non-linear here it's been quite awhile since the Planet had seen its Master, Brainiac Prime and wasn't quite sure what to do; in the end it sends Superman back home,takes on its own form instead of mimicing Brainiac and decides that it will choose "Which shall return to the Universe and which shall perish. Let only the strong survive."

Fj0823

Dont know where else to ask this but, Is Batman vs Robin (Movie) out early somewhere?

A friend of mine invited me and a group of Batman fans to watch it today, I thought it was out on the 14th..

Edit:
Totally saved me my money though...movie´s not very good...not very good ):<

Dont know where else to ask this but, Is Batman vs Robin (Movie) out early somewhere?

A friend of mine invited me and a group of Batman fans to watch it today, I thought it was out on the 14th..

Edit:
Totally saved me my money though...movie´s not very good...not very good ):<

They generally release early digitally on stuff like Xbox Live or PSN or the like.

Zombine

Banned
So, Convergence #0: Let's talk. Here is what we learn,

During the events of Superman: Doomed, Superman defeats Brainiac but pushing his ass into a Black Hole. We learn, in this issue, that during that time he was pulled outside of time itself where he encounters what I assume is Brainiac Prime, who goes on to explain that Superman is always a factor in any universe in which he exists, see the many "deaths" from classic storylines, before Brainiac Prime decides to pay a visit to his Earth. We then go on a slightly erratic journey on the surface of a bleak, desolate world, where incarnations of every Brainiac that has ever existed talk with Superman, who is trying to find a way home. We learn about the various dead timelines and how Brainiac pulled portions of them away and put them onto this living world (think Mogo-ish) that he had pulled outside of time). Turns out that with time being so weird and non-linear here it's been quite awhile since the Planet had seen its Master, Brainiac Prime and wasn't quite sure what to do; in the end it sends Superman back home,takes on its own form instead of mimicing Brainiac and decides that it will choose "Which shall return to the Universe and which shall perish. Let only the strong survive."

So what you're saying is that this is Multiversity pt. II

Is it assumed that Hickmans Avengers and New Avengers will be collected in an omnibus?
I don't. So far, they've been collecting it in terrible OHC format where both series are separated and they have Infinity out of reading order.
In an ideal world, there would be 4 omnibuses: one pre-Infinity, one for Infinity (we already have it), one for the next act, one for Time Runs Out.
I'm not holding my breath for this but that would be awesome.

So Rage of Ultron isn't any good?

Dangit Remender
I liked it. I thought Ultron Forever #1 was better but it was still nice.
Way overpriced though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't. So far, they've been collecting it in terrible OHC format where both series are separated and they have Infinity out of reading order.
In an ideal world, there would be 4 omnibuses: one pre-Infinity, one for Infinity (we already have it), one for the next act, one for Time Runs Out.
I'm not holding my breath for this but that would be awesome.

It would take about three years when they would release it this way.

Convergence at least explains itself. I still couldn't tell you what the fuck Multiversity is about or what the Gentry are.

I've read a dozen critical analyses explaining and exploring exactly what they are. Not really super hard to grasp, they just have a lot of layers of meaning. >shrug<

But why do you find it "boring"? It's exposition issue, yes, but it moves along at a decent clip, moving from one scene to the next, building upon the idea that
Superman is always a factor
, that
Brainiac Prime collects ended timelines
, and that
he is now gone leaving the Living Planet to decide it's actions
. My chief complaints would be one or two weird scene transistions
such as when Superman is suddenly in chains after the page turn
and some unneeded
Superman/Fake Brainiac punchy punchy

Is it because your given some information instead of obfuscating it to the point of needing in depth critical analysis to maybe understand what it might be about? (But even that is just guess work?)

Messi

I'm just going to pick up the avengers books post secret wars. Hickmans is too much of an investment to get into now.

But why do you find it "boring"? It's exposition issue, yes, but it moves along at a decent clip, moving from one scene to the next, building upon the idea that
Superman is always a factor
, that
Brainiac Prime collects ended timelines
, and that
he is now gone leaving the Living Planet to decide it's actions
. My chief complaints would be one or two weird scene transistions
such as when Superman is suddenly in chains after the page turn
and some unneeded
Superman/Fake Brainiac punchy punchy

Is it because your given some information instead of obfuscating it to the point of needing in depth critical analysis to maybe understand what it might be about? (But even that is just guess work?)

No. It's just. Not. Compelling.

No one is challenged in an interesting, new way. We've been hearing how important Superman is for decades and the best writers explained why. The biggest problem with New 52 Supes is that for a lot crappy runs, no one bothered to shed any light on this guy. Morrison and Pak do it wonderfully, but none of that pizazz was present in this book. Tom King is a mastermind over at Grayson but him and Dan Jurgens are just not delivering here. It was a 20+ page house ad for Convergence, not a compelling story.

No. It's just. Not. Compelling.

No one is challenged in an interesting, new way. We've been hearing how important Superman is for decades and the best writers explained why. The biggest problem with New 52 Supes is that for a lot crappy runs, no one bothered to shed any light on this guy. Morrison and Pak do it wonderfully, but none of that pizazz was present in this book. Tom King is a mastermind over at Grayson but him and Dan Jurgens are just not delivering here. It was a 20+ page house ad for Convergence, not a compelling story.

Tom King is a master at Grayson but he has nothing todo with this book. It's Jeff King on Convegence.

Top Bottom