• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

New fire emblem deets sound interesting. Was pretty sure that we wouldn't be able to play as the Romanesque faction from the first trailer

Vyer

Liked Convergence more than I was expecting. I like
further positioning of Brainiac on a cosmic scale and it was cool to see the different versions.
. Still not sold on the majority of teams on the one shots, but I'll try a few.

Southern Bastards continues to be amazing.

frye

I'ma take your word on this and buy it next week off Comixology frye

It's like an Age of Ultron that's good and also made me more convinced Ewing should be the next Avengers guy instead of Charles Soule or whoever.

i hope you like it~

it is 32~ pages if that makes the price tag more palatable

arkon

mein gott Nonplayer #1 is being reprinted!!

I want to get excited for this, I really do. But the timescale he's mentioning for future issues is off-putting.

I'll still grab this new printing if I can find it cheap.

frye

I want to get excited for this, I really do. But the timescale he's mentioning for future issues is off-putting.

Yeah, I haven't been keeping up with it too much which is why I was surprised to see it on a list. I think he's got the second issue in the can (after 4? years) but anything beyond that seems totally up in the air.

Dude is working on the book after his day job, contributing to an industry that pays garbage. He can be as late as he fuckin wants as far as I care. Anyone who draws comics without a salary from a publisher or mark millar is a god damned saint.

arkon

Yeah, I haven't been keeping up with it too much which is why I was surprised to see it on a list. I think he's got the second issue in the can (after 4? years) but anything beyond that seems totally up in the air.

The remaining five issues in the next five years according to this: http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...four-year-hiatus-plans-to-wrap-series-by-2020

I don't even know how you try and build your PR and hype machine around that when you're a superstar artist or writer, let alone someone more obscure.

Zombine

Banned
Wow I loved Kanan! The interiors were really wonderful! Larraz is an awesome artist!

These Brooks covers are awful though. Lumpy Orange brown shadow people don't appeal to me at all.

I used to read comics all the time when I was younger but I stopped years ago. I now have an interest to start reading them again. Where should I start? I love Marvel comics and those were the only comics I would read. Any recommendations?

SoilBreak

Banned
Wow I loved Kanan! The interiors were really wonderful! Larraz is an awesome artist!

These Brooks covers are awful though. Lumpy Orange brown shadow people don't appeal to me at all.

It's probably my favorite of the marvel star wars books. Larraz's artwork here kinda reminds me alitte bit of Immonen's.

I used to read comics all the time when I was younger but I stopped years ago. I now have an interest to start reading them again. Where should I start? I love Marvel comics and those were the only comics I would read. Any recommendations?

Hawkeye (by Matt Fraction and David Aja) is an excellent book to start with or return to comics with. It's a fresh take on the character and has excellent art, fun dialogue, and a lovable cast of characters. You can't go wrong with it.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man is a book I champion all the time. Despite what the title implies, it's a book that has almost nothing to do with Spider-Man. It's something you can definitely enjoy without any real knowledge of the current happenings in the Marvel Universe. It's about a team of shitty supervillains all trying to hit it big and it's hilarious. Already completed as well, so you can pick up the three paperbacks or buy the whole thing digitally and be done.

A lot of the new Marvel books that launched recently are great and easy to pick up too. Spider-Gwen is SUPER popular and has a really great art style to it. It takes place in its own universe so again, very friendly to new readers. Only three issues out (four if you count the initial oneshot) and it's been solid so far. Ant-Man, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, and Silk all had very promising first issues too.

Other than that, check out some DC stuff like Gotham Academy and Grayson along with some Image books like Deadly Class and Sex Criminals.

Speaking of Spider-Gwen, number 3 dropped today and it was good. It's nice to see the beginnings of a new Spiderperson again. I really enjoy
the relationship Gwen has with her dad and the fact that he knows her secret. I enjoy how reckless she gets during fights too, making ghetto nunchucks and shit.
Art was great as always.

Hawkeye (by Matt Fraction and David Aja) is an excellent book to start with or return to comics with. It's a fresh take on the character and has excellent art, fun dialogue, and a lovable cast of characters. You can't go wrong with it.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man is a book I champion all the time. Despite what the title implies, it's a book that has almost nothing to do with Spider-Man. It's something you can definitely enjoy without any real knowledge of the current happenings in the Marvel Universe. It's about a team of shitty supervillains all trying to hit it big and it's hilarious. Already completed as well, so you can pick up the three paperbacks or buy the whole thing digitally and be done.

A lot of the new Marvel books that launched recently are great and easy to pick up too. Spider-Gwen is SUPER popular and has a really great art style to it. It takes place in its own universe so again, very friendly to new readers. Only three issues out (four if you count the initial oneshot) and it's been solid so far. Ant-Man, Howard the Duck, Squirrel Girl, and Silk all had very promising first issues too.

Other than that, check out some DC stuff like Gotham Academy and Grayson along with some Image books like Deadly Class and Sex Criminals.

Thanks you so much. I have heard so much about the Superior Foes of Spider man and it sounds like something i would be interested in. I will also have to check out Spider-Gwen, Hawkeye, and Ant-man. Thank you so much for the recommendations. I will definitely check for these up when I go to my Comic book store Friday.

Foolkiller. He kills fools.

haha sounds unique i will also look for this.

Thanks you guys so much :)

ah shit, i forgot to grab this. I like Larraz, he was good in that mediocre Deadpool vs. X-Force issue i read months back
Deadly Class, Drifter, Hawkeye. Invisible Republic just launched, that's a great one too.

also
STK632439.jpg

Remender must have read too many shonen books when he wrote that.

And yet, it fits
Beast
so well it's crazy. Goddamn, this is such a good book.

A hug is like a boomerang. You give one and it comes right back to you.

But the best, THE BEST DAMN PART OF RAGE OF FUCKIN ULTRON:

Starfox
LISTENS TO AIR

I mean Jesus fucking Christ YOU CANNOT BEAT COMICS.

I just got past that part. This is amazing - it completely makes up for Endless Wartime.

Kinda redeems Remender for AXIS.

Remender wrote X-Force, so we're always good. But yeah, AXIS...wasn't his best.

I'm still a little miffed at Larraz just cause he ain't Opena and he draws way too much of Rage of Ultron for my liking.

But on his own he good

ah shit, i forgot to grab this. I like Larraz, he was good in that mediocre Deadpool vs. X-Force issue i read months back

Deadly Class, Drifter, Hawkeye. Invisible Republic just launched, that's a great one too.

also

Thanks again.

That cover is insane, I love it. I'll be sure to look for this one.

Zombine

Banned
Am I alone in my dislike for Brooks? Is there something I'm missing when analyzing his art? I'm not claiming he can't draw, but what he can draw isn't very appealing to me.

Wait,
when Thor gets possessed, how does she still get to lift the hammer? Is she still worthy even after that? How does Spidey web it away from her, wouldn't it just drop to the ground?

PsychBat!

Banned
Ugh.... Rage of Ultron.... the dialogue in the last fight between Ultron and Vision hit close to home.

Like...
I do hate myself but I love helping however I can.

Top Bottom