• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: The Expendables 2 Rated PG-13 (Because Chuck Norris loves the kids?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank fuck. Even though the first was a pretty poor movie (I went in with high expectations and tricked myself in to thinking it was pretty good). I have higher hopes for the sequel.

Togeo

The Expendables is supposed to be an homage to R rated 80's action movies. It stars all the actors who were made famous by R rated 80s action flicks. A PG-13 rating would be untrue to the idea of the film itself. Alien versus Predator anyone?

Could you imagine Alien as a PG 13 movie without the chest-busting scene in all it's horror? It would be the same thing to expect a tribute to 80's action films without the crass language and guys getting blown up into bloody chunks. It's a staple of that kind of film.

The Expendables is supposed to be an homage to R rated 80's action movies. It stars all the actors who were made famous by R rated 80s action flicks. A PG-13 rating would be untrue to the idea of the film itself. Alien versus Predator anyone?

Could you imagine Alien as a PG 13 movie without the chest-busting scene in all it's horror? It would be the same thing to expect a tribute to 80's action films without the crass language and guys getting blown up into bloody chunks. It's a staple of that kind of film.

yeah i'm pretty sure most of us watched those R rated 80s movies when we were younger than 17 though, and in these days those movies would probably be pg-13.

alien doesn't really apply cuz its not the same genre. and honestly i don't remember the 80s flicks for any cussing or gore. obviously the violence will be there but the 80s films didn't really have extravagant or realistic violence/gore, more like cool violence. the rambos, commando, predator, etc. movies had a level of violence i'm sure could pass for PG-13 these days. all the old bruce lee, jackie chan, chuck norris, van damne stuff was pretty PG. so any true homage could easily pull off a lower rating than R. hell there's even an F word or two allowed in PG movies, but these movies are for the action not the dialogue lol. except cheesy one liners.

I guess we found out who can kick Norris' ass and his name is Stallone.

http://stallonezone.com/wordpress/?p=4376

Back to R folks.

rocky_sweats.png

yeah i'm pretty sure most of us watched those R rated 80s movies when we were younger than 17 though, and in these days those movies would probably be pg-13.

alien doesn't really apply cuz its not the same genre. and honestly i don't remember the 80s flicks for any cussing or gore. obviously the violence will be there but the 80s films didn't really have extravagant or realistic violence/gore, more like cool violence. the rambos, commando, predator, etc. movies had a level of violence i'm sure could pass for PG-13 these days. all the old bruce lee, jackie chan, chuck norris, van damne stuff was pretty PG. so any true homage could easily pull off a lower rating than R. hell there's even an F word or two allowed in PG movies, but these movies are for the action not the dialogue lol. except cheesy one liners.

Yippe Kai YAY, Mother fucker???

Yippe Kai YAY, Mother fucker???

like i said you can get away with an F word or two in a PG 13 movie these days. and yeah some movies had swearing, demolition man itself was mad filthy :p but my point is overall movies didn't have them and weren't known for them. it was more the action and not the swearing or any gore. and that action can pass for PG 13 these days.

i'm not saying it should be PG 13 or anything, i'm just surprised at the overwhelming reaction people had when the rumors said that it was.

like i said you can get away with an F word or two in a PG 13 movie these days. and yeah some movies had swearing, demolition man itself was mad filthy :p but my point is overall movies didn't have them and weren't known for them. it was more the action and not the swearing or any gore. and that action can pass for PG 13 these days.

i'm not saying it should be PG 13 or anything, i'm just surprised at the overwhelming reaction people had when the rumors said that it was.

You're misremembering a lot of films, bro. A lot of them would still be R. Also on the Die Hard front Live Free wasn't allowed to say the tagline you had quoted, as motherfucker is a sexual fuck as opposed to a clean one. The "fucker" is muffled out with a gunshot in the scene.

All is now right in the world.

It can't be said enough...
Expendables 2 was not shot for the R rating. It was shot as a PG-13 movie.
So whatever action/violence was shot will probably be enhanced with the same CGI blood they used in the first one.

It's great that it's an R...but it will not be an excessive R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom