• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Transformers Devastation is made by PlatinumGames

Korra has me wary, but this is actually (hilariously) more interesting to me than most of the other stuff people wanted. I love Transformers.

Sorry to all the people who wanted Rising 2 (I wanted it myself), but as a huge Transformers fan this sounds awesome! I hope the action is super weighty.

Kriken

So is it safe this time to say RIP "Platinum sequel" this time for Rising 2? I mean, a lot of people assumed Bayo 2 was never gonna happen, but if Rising 2 were to happen, it would be a now or never given how Konami has been of late

It would've been nice if it was an original IP but very curious on how they will handle Transformers. I like the brand except for the crappy Bay movies.

Pooya

who would have thought Activision of all places to be the one keeping PG afloat, lol. They are hyping this for youtube reveal? uh boy

Beenox and everyone else who were making these stuff for Activision are either working on CoD or Skylanders or are shut down. PG gotta be their super cheap developer for these now...

Joey Ravn

Banned
No PC, eh? Nice, Platinum. Really nice.

I'm being sarcastic.

At least I have yet to play Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U.

Dazza

Not that I mind personally, but if wonder why they went with G1? You think it would close off their market demographic too much

I don't believe this is the Platinum game that's getting hyped. This isn't something to "cry" over like PG_jp said.

Oh, I see some crying in this thread.

Just not the way I wanted it
mjcry1.png

not another crummy licensed Activision game...welp I guess P* gotta eat in-between them bombas

KiraXD

god DAMMIT.

Korra was fucking horrible.

Although this Cel-shading looks fantastic... i hate Transformers Games.

MGR2 Dreams... R.I.P

jett

D-Member
This will probably be as close as we'll get to a MGR2 gameplay-wise, lol.

Deal with it, people. Graphically this looks pretty good and I'm interested to see more. I'll be disappointed if there's no PC version though.

weekev

Banned
My first reaction was "FFS" but now Im thinking about it, an all out action transformers beat em up done by Platinum sounds amazing.

The only reason Im wary is that every transformers game I have played has been terrible, but this is Platinum. Hype slowly returnimg, lets see what Monday brings.

Can't believe people are disappointed by this. I get Platinum makes awesome new IPs, but they have one of those coming (Scalebound). This is a full scale production judging by the price and it's awesome they get to make another one of those, and the license is great for it too!

NotLiquid

Hm

A full-priced retail title?

That kind of strikes me as having more of a budget and dev time. Not only that but it being a G1 Transformers game as opposed to a quick tie-in like the Korra game was seems interesting.

I'm kind of interested. Platinum robot action.

Kuni

My flatmate loves gen 1 transformers. He's quite happy with this as you can imagine.

The fact that Activision green lit this and that they've nailed the style is just fantasic.

Can't believe people are disappointed by this. I get Platinum makes awesome new IPs, but they have one of those coming (Scalebound). This is a full scale production judging by the price and it's awesome they get to make another one of those, and the license is great for it too!

They made a Korra game and it was trash. That's probably where these reactions are coming from.

I love the idea of Platinum making a Transformers game but after Legend of Korra I'm a bit cautious. Hopefully this turns out better since it's a fully priced retail game.

Toxi

Banned
Not that I mind personally, but if wonder why they went with G1? You think it would close off their market demographic too much
Because G1 is the most popular Transformers brand among the hardcore fans who would buy a game like this.

And Hasbro puts G1 in everything.

Glass Rebel

Korra was pretty decent for a licensed budget game so I'm somewhat optimistic about this but I'd be lying if I said that this is what I expected :lol

Corpekata

Banned
Man, if PC can get their shovelware like Rise of the Dark Spark, Activision best not be drawing the line at something that might actually be good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why are people upset? It's a new title from Platinum. It's going to be awesome.

Sou Da

I blame the lack of "Retail full priced" in the title.

Top Bottom