• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Transformers Devastation is made by PlatinumGames

Nokterian

Party time!

Grimlock-shakes-Optimus-Prime-GIF-random-37396040-500-375.gif

Awesome playing as Grimlock even in Fall of Cybertron was so satisfying.

Shredderi

Oh fuck it all. No doubt it can be a good action title but I'm absolutely uninterested in anything transformers. Just really not my thing.

Cheddahz

Banned
They're probably getting paid good money by Activision to develop these games, so good for them

Just stop bitching that they're not making your dream game

Voror

Okay, I'm game. Sounds like it has single player as I was worried this was just some massive online game or something.

ZeroGravity

Eh.

I'd be more excited if they used the Transformers Prime designs instead. G1 is just so boring and played-out at this point.

D_prOdigy

It's quite adorable that ppl are convinced it will be good because it's 'full-priced' tho.

Big publishers never put out rushed licensed mediocrity for $60, no siree

Metal Gear Rising 2 seemed unlikely considering the whole Kojima thing

Plus, tweeting a picture of MGR was way, way, way too obvious

pixelation

Do we know if it's a 1 vs 1 type of fighter?, War of the Monsters style?, Dynasty Warriors like?... story mode?, nothing yet?.

So who guessed Transformers? Licensed was expected, but didn't quite expect Transformers.

Will keep an eye on, certainly.

Hope they have another, more "expected" game to announce, if I'm honest (MGR2).

Yuterald

I'll check this out because Plat makes good stuff, but it's impossible for me to be excited for this game. Didn't grow up with Transformers and have no nostalgia for it and I don't have much interest in the source material as an adult. Oh well.

Man, really bummed that this ended up being the surprise Plat game. Extra bummed that we're not even going to see Scalebound, either. E3 is so blah for me at the moment. =/

Can't believe people are disappointed by this. I get Platinum makes awesome new IPs, but they have one of those coming (Scalebound). This is a full scale production judging by the price and it's awesome they get to make another one of those, and the license is great for it too!

Edit: double post.

Toxi

Banned
It's quite adorable that ppl are convinced it will be good because it's 'full-priced' tho.

Big publishers never put out rushed licensed mediocrity for $60, no siree
The last 60 dollar licensed game Platinum made was Metal Gear Rising.

People were actually expecting MGR2 after the whole Konami fiasco? lol

I'm just glad I get to play more Platinum action games, who cares about what IP it is

Nibel

ru9qQK8.png

ogM5Trz.gif

Seriously though; I guess PG gotta eat and at least they get a chance to work on one of the biggest franchises out there which has mech-elements as well (and we know how much they like their roboshit).

Personally not even PG could make me interested in playing a Transformers game, but glad to see that a lot of people here are happy about this. Didn't expect it to be full-priced and retail though, so this seems like to have more meat than Korra did and maybe they realized what went wrong.

Top Bottom