• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 (XB/PC, Sumo Digital) E3 Trailer out Nov 7th

Honestly, I think that was just the worst trailer of all time. Couldn't see anything, kept cutting to different footage every 2 seconds, etc.

Calm down everyone it's just single player footage...

They said SP wouldn't have cloud.

Microsoft are fucking stupid if Crackdown still has huge scale destruction and they show this Saints Row 4 looking piece of shit at a conference starved for AAA exclusives.

Looked erm awful, god only knows what happened to the cloud power. Still might be fun though but I'm not convinced I'm going to buy until I see much more.

Fergie

Banned
Remember that video of the building falling over? What happened to...anything at all like that?

This one:
LcOennJ.gif

The cloud has dispersed.

The power of the cloud is no more.

What the actual fuck is this? Where's the destruction? Was the agency voice even in there? Where are Los Muertos? Who the fuck are the ENF?

They got rid of the destruction and downgraded the artstyle whilst they were at it?

honestly, it didn't look as bad as some make it sound by comparing it to a 360 or PS3 game. it's being developed by Sumo, so I'm more than confident it will end up pretty nice

CamHostage

I'm legit pissed about this. I wasn't expecting them to match the destruction from the reveal trailer fully, but to completely cut it out and just carry on like nothing happened?

I mean, they STILL had the dialog about buildings falling (well, he talked about throwing buildings at people... so I guess?), so it could still be an aspect of Crackdown 3. But for sure, not showing anything cool and having the biggest demolition being just exploding cars (Mercenaries did it almost as well on PS2) gave all means to be worried. This was a terrible presentation of a very bland-looking game, and it would be a shame if Sumo's reputation was dragged down in this apparent debacle.

Having Terry Crews is a plus, at least, yes?

Mrbob

I want to believe but that trailer was deflating. For a game coming in five months I can't believe that is all we got to see.

Majukun

Thats MP.

the footage looked MP enough to me.
also,do you really think they just forgot to talk and show the main selling point of the game during its presentation?
i mean,if it had total "destructability" they would have shown the shit out of it.

Ramenman

I'm the biggest crackdown nut there ever was and I was bored to death by this trailer.

No destruction, but also nothing crazy, just a bunch of big jumps and shooting shit, close up on sub-par animation, and like only 1 car throw in the whole thing.

Someone clearly has no idea what's cool about Crackdown, I hope it's just the people who made the trailer and not the people who made the game too.

The fact that there wasn't a gameplay demo is worrying to say the least.

This has been announced so long ago that 2 other first party MS games it was announced with had the time to be killed since then, and all they have to show is this awkward missed opportunity of a trailer ?

Never played a Crackdown game but I'm very interested in this one. Not sure if what we saw as SP or MP though so I can't say much about if it was downgraded or not. Hoping for it to be fun with my friends so I need to see more.

Famassu

I already want an article by Jason Schreier about what went wrong with this game. It's pretty obvious something happened.
I'd imagine the power of the cloud wasn't quite feasible. Easy, obvious explanation. Like, it works as a tech demo but try to expand it from that into an actual commercial game that has to work well and have servers that have to potentially endure the stress of possibly tens if not even hundreds of thousands of sessions simultaneously (if this was a success) and provide a stable experience and it starts to sound like cloud tech might not quit be there yet. Maybe let's try again in 5-10 years.

Edit: of course it's possible that "destroy everything" just didn't really work as a game concept or they didn't find a good enough way to do so. As fun as it might be to be able to destroy every building to smithereens, how does one really build a game around that? If every objective can just be achieved with total mayhem.

jaypah

Nah, fuuuuug that. I need to see MP gameplay. That looked pretty rough, even for SP. But I'm hoping the destruction is still there because it looked dope. Literally the only thing that I was really interested in.

the footage looked MP enough to me.
also,do you really think they just forgot to talk and show the main selling point of the game during its presentation?
i mean,if it had total "destructability" they would have shown the shit out of it.

Yeah this it's either not in the game or it's an incredibly incompetent decision by MS (and sumo) to leave out any destruction footage they pushed it way to hard previously.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Im buying it anyways cause more Crackdown but no destruction

Edit: the crackdown 3 page still says destruction and transforming cars are in

Mman235

Game finally comes back after the long period of radio silence and just so happens to not show any real destruction or have any hype to do with the "cloud" anymore? Lol I called it.

jelly

Looked okay, were is the chain reaction mega explosions of original Crackdown. It looks snazzy and Crackdown like but also boring. They need to show more, I need missions, destruction. Also, Crackdown was rigid originally in movement, doesn't mean you have to follow. :/

Krakn3Dfx

Doesn't look like a $60 game to me, I'm calling it now, I think it'll end up being a $30-$40 budget based title, maybe not even a physical release, just a digital download.

CamHostage

Im buying it anyways cause more Crackdown but no destruction :(

Would much rather have had this game called something other than Crackdown 3. A subtitle to separate it from the CloudEngine project (which they could have confirmed as canceled later on) would have given this game as close to a a fresh start as it could have gotten.

Calm down everyone it's just single player footage...

They said SP wouldn't have cloud.

Wake up. This game was supposed to be one of XBOX One's major graphical showcases. You don't hold back when you present those. This is as good as it gets.

Looks like there's some destruction in the trailer.

You can blow ghr crap out of done wafer thin cover. I can't believe how monumentally they fucked this.

Not once, but fucking twice. MS can't handle an IPs, they just don't know what to do.

FHIZ

It really didnt' show anything to make me go "Okay, I'm fine with this being in hiding for years because DAMN"

just a lot of close up shots of "yeah that's Crackdown, I guess"

Top Bottom