• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy at EB Games AUS with PS4 Exclusive Seal

salromano

I (haven't) said it before, but I wouldn't trust PlayStation Ireland with confirming or denying these things. Best to hear it from Activision or SIEA's upper folks directly.

I (haven't) said it before, but I wouldn't trust PlayStation Ireland with confirming or denying these things. Best to hear it from Activision or SIEA's upper folks directly.

That's where I stand too. These "regional" twitter/FB accounts I doubt know about deals and stuff.

salromano

Isn't that Persona 5? Just seems like these labels are completely wrong.

Yep. Like how Yakuza 0 is labeled console exclusive, but is apparently not coming to PC, according to Atlus. The same for The King of Fighters XIV. And how Romance of the Three Kingdoms is labeled "Only on PlayStation" when it launched simultaneously on PC. And how Persona 5 has no label, but is apparently PlayStation-exclusive.

The labels are a mess.

Yep. Like how Yakuza 0 is labeled console exclusive, but is apparently not coming to PC, according to Atlus. The same for The King of Fighters XIV. And how Romance of the Three Kingdoms is labeled "Only on PlayStation" when it launched simultaneously on PC. And how Persona 5 has no label, but is apparently PlayStation-exclusive.

The labels are a mess.

Doing them at all was a mistake.

It must be exhausting having to create these stickers for different situation across different platforms. Never mind trying to keep them up to date with shifting deals.

People should just do their research or buy a stupid ps4, geeze.

Luminaire

tumblr_mreczsWyFw1r8nxtno1_400.gif

The ride begins again.

Tagyhag

The labels are a mess.

Yep, what y'all should take from this is that you should wait until the game launches on the first system, and then ask if it's coming to other places.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I never believed it was going to wind up on
other platforms. This is Naughty Dog's Crash games we're talking about, not the Activision junk that followed. I don't think Sony would allow it.

MUnited83

For you.
I never believed it was going to wind up on
other platforms. This is Naughty Dog's Crash games we're talking about, not the Activision junk that followed. I don't think Sony would allow it.

What Sony wants or not doesn't matter. It's Activision's IP, and Activision's IP.

jmga

Companies have pull.

Nintendo doesn't own Goldeneye, yet they pulled strings with UbiSoft to stop the remaster from hitting the Xbox 360.

What.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKMC6M/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If Crash was exclusive, Sony and/or Activision would have advertised it like that, and not only they haven't done it, but a PR from Sony said it was exclusive and a few hours later deleted the tweet and said it was coming first to PS4.

It is clear that it is going to come at least to one more platform.

Unknown?

Yes, console exclusive means it is coming to PC.
It is supposed to but we know that it's clearly not the case every time. Yakuza 0 was Only on PlayStation in Eu but in America it was PS4 Console Exclusive and never going to PC.

//DEVIL//

I dont understand how this game will come to anything but a sony console. These first 3 games were published by sony. Those same games are being remastered for the ps4 but they are still the same games published by sony but with better graphics.

It doesnt mean other crash titles cant come to xbox or pc. But those first 3 gamss ? I dont think so

And nextweek someone will say its just Timed exclusive again.

This is getting almost as bad as the RotTR shit. Someone from Activision or Sony needs to definitively say if its exclusive or just timed.

Probably wouldn't have been made without Sony's involvement, but who knows

Multiplatform games can get made after a first party greases the wheels to make it happen.

For example Sony was the one who pushed of Elder Scrolls Online on console when Bethesda didnt want to do it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...onsole-Version-of-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Happen

If this was exclusive exclusive Sony or Activison would have said so clearly in a press release or a interview. So far at best its a timed exclusive. I wouldn't rule out a late Xbox / Switch maybe announcement for Day 1 release like how the Xbox version of Diablo 3 wasnt announced until the release was close.

SNURB

Multiplatform games can get made after a first party greases the wheels to make it happen.

For example Sony was the one who pushed of Elder Scrolls Online on console when Bethesda didnt want to do it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...onsole-Version-of-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Happen

If this was exclusive exclusive Sony or Activison would have said so clearly in a press release or a interview. So far at best its a timed exclusive. I wouldn't rule out a late Xbox / Switch maybe announcement for Day 1 release like how the Xbox version of Diablo 3 wasnt announced until the release was close.
But isn't Sony co-funding Shenmue 3 which is only coming out for PS4 and PC? And what about FF7R?

MUnited83

For you.
But isn't Sony co-funding Shenmue 3 which is only coming out for PS4 and PC? And what about FF7R?

Nope and nope. They already said they are looking into possibly putting Shenmue 3 on Xbox One in the future, and FF7R has only been announced as "first on Playstation".
The last excuse from non-believers died.
By that metric someone should warn Square Enix to remove NiEr from Steam since Sony accidentally called it a "PS4 exclusive" in one of their videos.

Whats really odd is whatever is next to it appears to only say its console exclusive.

It's Persona 5 and it's PS4 console exclusive because other regions are selling it on PS3 when in Australia it's only on PS4 so I guess that's why they put that label on it.

Edit: my local EB had the cases with cover art and back details set up for Crash but I didn't really give it a second look. Next time I'm there I'll check out if it has PS4 exclusive on the front haha.

Burbeting

Banned
Activision is not making games exlusive to one console, at least without said console manufacturer making a big deal out of it, which Sony has not done.

It's coming to X1 at least. Not sure about Switch.

_Ryo_

Personally I think it will be console exclusive.

Releasing on mobile and PC but not the Switch or Xbox One.

Top Bottom