• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy at EB Games AUS with PS4 Exclusive Seal

Coxy100

Banned
And so it begins again!

For what it's worth I don't think it's exclusive. Sony would be telling us all about that if that was the case.

Shredderi

Platform holders always tell in no uncertain terms if a game is exclusive to their platform. They would be like: "And Crash Bandicoot is of course a PS4 exclusive game, PS4 being the console to which the game is exclusive to, exclusively".

It could be PS4 exclusive in certain regions like Australia and probably Japan

But it will definitely be PS4 1st in America, As it's too big a market to ignore in Xbox especially if Activision has plans for a reboot they need to find an audience 1st so makes sense it's on both and even switch, it's a perfect game for switch in fact.

Good lord, I thought the matter was resolved.

It's blatantly a timed exclusive folks, regardless of what Twitter peeps and cover seals state. It'll be on every other platform under the sun apart from the Vita and Wii U by the end of the year.

Spaghetti

But isn't Sony co-funding Shenmue 3 which is only coming out for PS4 and PC? And what about FF7R?
Sony has a marketing/publishing deal for the PS4 version of Shenmue III.

The "co-funders" of the game are Shibuya Productions, who are marketing/publishing the PC version.

They already said they are looking into possibly putting Shenmue 3 on Xbox One in the future
Not strictly true, that was conjecture from a Gamespot (I think?) article interpreting Yu Suzuki's answer on the matter incorrectly. The door is open after whatever exclusivity window is over for Sony's publishing and marketing assistance (as with many other third party indie deals), but they're not actively pursuing development on Xbox, and I wouldn't be surprised if it never goes over.

There's some degree of bad blood with Microsoft over the matter. Probably nothing that can't be ironed out if the situation calls for it, but despite Phil Spencer personally paying lip service to Shenmue/its fans multiple times and acknowledging that it was routinely the most requested game for the platform in fan polls, Microsoft failed to offer a deal that met or exceeded Sony's when Yu Suzuki/Cedric Biscay came to the negotiating table.

bidguy

Banned
does anyone even care ? this is a remaster of mediocre games,riding only on nostalgia.

should have remastered the superior medievil games instead

That is a port, not a remaster.

Crash is a remaster made with other assets and a completely new engine.

I gotta figure out what the difference is between remaster from the ground up and remake. It seems at this point like it's simply a remake since they had to remake the assets and recreate the levels since they didn't have its original code.

Activision is not making games exlusive to one console, at least without said console manufacturer making a big deal out of it, which Sony has not done.

It's coming to X1 at least. Not sure about Switch.

Do we know Sony hasn't?

Feorax

Remember when every Crash thread before the announcement was filled with "it's dated", "it's a relic", "it's just nostalgia goggles", "no one really wants this"?

It's gone from that to the most port-begged piece of software I've ever seen.

Edit: haha! Beaten!

Its really sad that some people really want it ps exclusive....

About this, its just a sticker. I mean its kinda right. At this point in time it will be exclusive to PS4 but after its release and maybe this Fall/Winter? I dont think so

Hektor

If the game actually would be exclusive we wouldn't be finding out via a label on an ad somehwere in a local australian gameshop or a screenshot of a chat conversation with the little sister of a guy who's working for the janitorial service company that cleans the toilets over at activision.

But because some people on here desperately want it to be exclusive to their shiny plastic box so they can feel better about themselfs, we are going to continue this charade for quite some time i guess.

T_V_H

Its really sad that some people really want it ps exclusive....

Yeah, I don't get why anyone would want anything to be exclusive to a system, people are mad I guess. Crash collection might be the only game that would make me buy a ps4, the nostalgia factor is off the scale for me. Still, a 200€ console for just one game is a bit steep.

Edit: There might be 50 million people with a ps4, I'm not one of them. Why shouldn't I want the game on other systems? This kind of poor communication just rubs people the wrong way. They could just outright say if it's exclusive.

If the game actually would be exclusive we wouldn't be finding out via a label on an ad somehwere in a local australian gameshop or a screenshot of a chat conversation with the little sister of a guy who's working for the janitorial service company that cleans the toilets over at activision.

But because some people on here desperately want it to be exclusive to their shiny plastic box so they can feel better about themselfs, we are going to continue this charade for quite some time i guess.

Yup its really sad. Its even worse on reddit lol

Like other and myself already said. This is a Activision made game. Activision wont make a console exclusive game, thats just not going to happen.
And at the ones saying this collection will skip the Switch and XboxOne but will release on PC... just LOL
PC version is the version that makes the least sense...

And that this topic hasnt been clarified yet is pretty telling to me.

Be ready for a Gamescom 2017 announcement, thats my guess. Im repeating myself but this Collection wont at least skip the XboxOne. Switch would be a good candidat too.

Yeah, I don't get why would anyone want anything to be exclusive to a system, people are mad I guess. Crash collection might be the only game that would make me buy a ps4, the nostalgia factor is off the scale for me. Still, a 200€ console for just one game is a bit steep.

Yep. Most people that want it exclusive are just on a nostalgia trip. I dont get how some can compare the 90s with the current generation of consoles etc.
I hate to repeat it again, but crash appeared already on various platforms through various generations, exclusitivity is just not going to happen anymore with this IP.

I wouldn't trust this. Sony has been pretty inconsistent with this labelling, which is frustrating as otherwise it's good idea which sidesteps any misinformation.

AHA-Lambda

I wouldn't put too much stock in EB store marketing being 100% accurate.

Good lord, I thought the matter was resolved.

It's blatantly a timed exclusive folks, regardless of what Twitter peeps and cover seals state. It'll be on every other platform under the sun apart from the Vita and Wii U by the end of the year.

I wouldn't trust this. Sony has been pretty inconsistent with this labelling, which is frustrating as otherwise it's good idea which sidesteps any misinformation.

This, this and this.

Is the PS Ireland tweet still up? If so it's definitely timed. After all their previous "it's exclusive" tweet was deleted.

Edit: yeah their tweet is still up. It's definitely timed folks.

Banned
Lol. This Crash Bandicoot exclusivity drama is more entertaining than the games themselves were back in the day.

Back when I was a GameStop ASM, we had countless times where there were misprints and things like this in our merch kit, and corporate would end up having to rush out a way to cover up the mistake, like a sticker or separate cardboard cutout piece to slap over the top of whatever wasn't correct. I feel like this is another one of those situations.

5830951+_594fffc7432e37ebd6f408b7bae3befa.jpg
LqltlyM.jpg

Jawmuncher

SarusGray

I think it's just best to wait for a statement directly from activision instead of speculating and coming up with definitive statements such as "this is an exclusive cause xxx". I understand speculating is fun but we should really just wait a bit longer instead of bickering pointlessly about who is right and who is wrong.

I don't think its exclusive.

Kayant

Sorry for the bump

138217brp.jpg

Any official word from Sony or Activision?
At the point we don't really need any word to know it's not a PS4 exclusive because with a franchise so beloved as this you bet Sony would have shouted from the rooftops at E3 if it was fully exclusive.
Believe it or not, but there actually exists people who played the PS1 Crash games and own Xbox or Nintendo consoles.
Or people later introduced the the franchise and want to see how it all began.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Believe it or not, but there actually exists people who played the PS1 Crash games and own Xbox or Nintendo consoles.

Whoa there, you got some receipts to back up that lofty statement? Hell, I think I'm gonna need some careful documentation. I mean, who ever heard of someone switching consoles? Ever? Like in the history of ever? Get outta here with your fairy tales.

Whoa there, you got some receipts to back up that lofty statement? Hell, I think I'm gonna need some careful documentation. I mean, who ever heard of someone switching consoles? Ever? Like in the history of ever? Get outta here with your fairy tales.
You're right, I should stop with this #fakenews.

Top Bottom