• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead - 6 min of gameplay

a.wd

Goddammit, I am going to die so much just gawping at the screen like an idiot.

I cannot wait.

is there going to be 1X improvements also?

Teeth

Goddammit, I am going to die so much just gawping at the screen like an idiot.

I cannot wait.

is there going to be 1X improvements also?

Unfortunately, no. As everyone well knows, Cuphead has been in development for forever and when we had no idea bout 4k anything when we started, so all of the assets have been mastered for 1080p.

Yo what, only $20? Maybe I should buy two!

Also, I hope the game runs at a crisp 24fps, lol.

The game runs at 60fps, screen updates (scrolls, unit movement) and player control is at 60fps, animation is at 24fps (or higher in some cases).

a.wd

Unfortunately, no. As everyone well knows, Cuphead has been in development for forever and when we had no idea bout 4k anything when we started, so all of the assets have been mastered for 1080p.

The game runs at 60fps, screen updates (scrolls, unit movement) and player control is at 60fps, animation is at 24fps (or higher in some cases).

Hey the way this game looks, I will be happy either way, this is one of my top 5 most anticipated games of this year.

Teeth

i wish the audio was better for the gunshots. It sounds so weak.

You probably actually don't. You're literally constantly shooting. Not "constantly shooting" like in a Call of Duty game, but constantly shooting like in a Cave shmup or Contra. Imagine playing Battlefield with a machine gun that never had to reload and you never let go of the shoot button.

Do you want that sound rattling the entire time you are playing?

Mik2121

Man, the control diagrams looked so much like the Switch Joy-cons that I thought the game was releasing on Switch too!

Oh well, I'll buy it on Steam instead, I guess.

Van Bur3n

As always, the art and animation is phenomenal. Game looks so fucking good. Seeing some of this gameplay makes me even more excited to play.

The animations are really out of this world.

I really need that new footage though! I know there are sections that aren't just straight boss rushes now, which alleviates my only concern with this game.

And congrats to the devs for getting on Conan and also with Kate Upton playing the game! If your game gets that kind of widespread attention the devs shouldn't be having to mortgage their homes. It's such a shame. Microsoft, pay the guys, this is gonna be a giant hit guaranteed.

Budi

Its as if this game is being treated differently from others in its genre, its weird.
Probably because of the distinctive and stunning look, people who usually aren't into these type of games have some interest in it but really don't know what they should expect from it. And would prefer the same style in a genre they are fans of.

gamz

rainz

Looks so good...
I honestly thought this was a platformer having not watched much/any of it before.. After this i see its more in the vein of metal slug/guardian heroes perhaps...

Is there or was there ever platforming sections or did i dream that and its actually all run n gun stuff??

Zambayoshi

Question: is this going to have levels like say Rayman where its kind of platform-lite until you get to the boss, or is it simply traverse the overworld and go directly to bosses, no non-boss shooting/platforming?

Wozman23

Looks so good...
I honestly thought this was a platformer having not watched much/any of it before.. After this i see its more in the vein of metal slug/guardian heroes perhaps...

Is there or was there ever platforming sections or did i dream that and its actually all run n gun stuff??

It's exactly the opposite of what you thought. It's a boss battle run-and-gun with some added platforming levels. The original idea was to have both, but it was reduced to run-and-gun before they partnered with MS due to constraints, but then they added platforming to align with their initial, dream vision of what they hoped the game could be.

Question: is this going to have levels like say Rayman where its kind of platform-lite until you get to the boss, or is it simply traverse the overworld and go directly to bosses, no non-boss shooting/platforming?

Has platforming, and if the levels are anything like original Rayman, I'm going to run screaming (looking at you, music level, with those goddamn trumpets.)

i wish the audio was better for the gunshots. It sounds so weak.

With the constant shooting, that would get really annoying.

Most bosses in shoot em ups don't react to hits.

How do people not know this?

Off topic, but why they decided to only bring it to Xbox one ? I think this game would be perfect on switch . Also, the developers lost a lot of money doing it, why not release in multiple platforms to recoup the loss and make some money for future projects?

vg260

i absolutely love the look of this game, but that chromatic aberration effect strains my eyes and i don't think i could play the game for any more than a few minutes at a time. :(

Same. It's my #1 most hated thing in games right now for this reason.

Lucky for you, you can turn it off!

Thank you so much. This cements my pre-order. It also says a lot when the developer puts in options for player preference/comfort even if it affects the visuals. Expecially for a game that's visually stylistic.

Please have a word with Capcom regarding their going crazy with it in MvC:I.

Love the look and feel they are going after, its just like those old cartoons. I may get this on steam, havent bought a pc game in a long time, but i already have a huge backlog.....

KAOS

Not port begging but that controls vid made it look like joycon Switch intructions! Kinda wish MS and Nintendo had some sort of agreement on ports!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I should note: these levels don't exist in the game anymore. The assets from these levels have been repurposed into one level with a different layout and some added stuff, and the rest of the levels are completely brand new.

It must be frustrating to have all these old vids out there huh? :(

Can't wait till launch!

Top Bottom