• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuphead - 6 min of gameplay

RedRum

Banned
I should note: these levels don't exist in the game anymore. The assets from these levels have been repurposed into one level with a different layout and some added stuff, and the rest of the levels are completely brand new.

Ah! I hear ya. You guys did a lot of revamping it sounds like. Can't even wait.

Alpha_eX

beautiful art and design but it looks really boring, is it just boss battles and shooting at said boss for several minutes? Looks rather simple in terms of gameplay, but I absolutely love the style of it all.

Raide

Not my type of thing but will probably buy to support the devs. Love the art style. Hoping they do more with the style.

SpacLock

Looks absolutely amazing, BUT the sound...

I understand trying to stick to the era and old toon formula, but come on... Not only are the sounds weak, but there's too much missing.

You can use the same old timey sound effects and add a little punch to them... There's not even airplane engine noise.

Either way, can't wait to pick it up despite sound being one of the large factors in my love for a game. It just looks too good.

giphy.gif

As someone who absolutely adores the Master System, vintage cartoons, and shmups, this is definitely a match made in heaven for me! Will grab on Steam for sure.

JimmyF

This game looks incredible! It really is one of a kind with this art style something you don't see anymore.
Only 20€ and looking at the specs, a toaster could run it. I really hope it becomes a success.

Justinh

This might sound dumb, but I love the way they move on the overworld screen. Something about the way they're animated just... makes me happy.

Alright, that's it. I've gotten to the point that I'm getting this game right at release and will probably not watch another video of it. I just can't wait! I think the resurrection thing for co-op is neat.

wolgoen

This game oozes creativity, searching cuphead in google images and scrolling through just shows the hard work and imagination that went into this project. Good job devs!

Cannot wait to play it.

Kei-

What are the chances of online co-op being patched in? Was planning on buying it until I found out it was local co-op only.

This might sound dumb, but I love the way they move on the overworld screen. Something about the way they're animated just... makes me happy.

Not dumb at all, I got the same feeling from it! They have this bounce to their step that makes them feel tangible. It's really impressive animation. I squealed outloud while watching and I'm not afraid to admit it. lol

Sanctuary

I have never purchased a game soley for its graphics. This has been on my radar since it was first announced, and I might make an exception. It having adequate gameplay will be a bonus. I've always loved good 2D animated games much more than 3D anyway, so this is pretty much the pinnacle at this point.

Swass

How are they pricing this game? The Conan skit makes me think it's getting a retail release, maybe $40?

Never mind, found the preorder and i't only $20.. seems reasonable for a game that has been in development for what seems like a very long time.

Justinh

Not dumb at all, I got the same feeling from it! They have this bounce to their step that makes them feel tangible. It's really impressive animation. I squealed outloud while watching and I'm not afraid to admit it. lol

I thought it might be kind of silly to focus on such a small part, lol. I have a hard time articulating why I like the way it looks so much. They do have a small bounce to their step, but it's really subtle and not overly "cartoony" I guess. It's just perfect.

Top Bottom