• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

Megatron

Ths is why competition is good for consumers. Think about the system Microsoft wanted to sell us and the system they are now selling because they were forced to b competition.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
LOL. How the fuck is this disgusting? They're giving away a FREE game. Do you want them to charge for it? Jesus fucking christ.

I think some people just object to the idea that these enormous multinational corporations might be in it for more than just the joy of gaming.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Plus PlayStation Camera. And Move controllers. Just sayin'. €40 more for Kinect is a steal, whatever you think of the device itself.

But you're gonna need a tablet for XB1 to use Smartglass, so that's an extra $300 there. Plus a cable subscription, which is at least $400 a year or so. MS is making the first $2,000 console it seems.

Busty

Banned
As an exclusive it's certainly solid enough but it's not very 'sexy' even in football made Britain.

Still it can't hurt I suppose. But I wonder if MS need more at this point given how ludicrous the Xbone's launch price is regardless of whether FIFA is in the box.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody will buy that 'deal' when the xbox comes out months after the PS4 which will launch with FIFA14. The big FIFA fans buy the game day one, they do not wait 3-4 months.
Okay, but plenty of other people don't buy the game day one.

Then wait, I am confused. Is there a clarification on what "Xbox One exlcusive" means? Because that would imply it is not coming to ANY other platform, but Xbox One Exclusive bundle, as in can't buy another console with this bundled in with it but still could separate, then yea I think that is possible.

The two sources in the OP are conflicting.
One says it's a third party exclusive, as yet unannounced 'unique' Xbone game.
The other says it's a FIFA hardware pack in.

Both differing pieces of information. Combining them both, the most likely scenario is an exclusive Xbone+ FIFA bundle. FIFA itself is not Xbone exclusive, just the bundle.

Plus PlayStation Camera. And Move controllers. Just sayin'. €40 more for Kinect is a steal, whatever you think of the device itself.

who the fuck would want a camera and motion controllers to play fuckin FIFA? some of you guys are reaching deep. way to deep.

Xater

Good lord at all the money they're wasting. EA must be loving all the free money.

If this is true they are already rubbing their hand in excitement over at EA. The are getting money from MS for the exclusive content for FIFA and Battlefield, plus money for the pack in. Then they will still sell a shitload of FIFA on every other system under the sun. The real winner here is EA not MS. lol

calder

It makes zero sense to me. If EA doesn't hold back the release of FIFA on PS4 till the XB1 is released, then you can still buy FIFA earlier and cheaper with the PS4 than the XB1.

Why not bundle an actual exclusive instead of a game that'll be released in September and potentially October for PS4?

I guess if MS had an appropriate first party game ready they would do that instead? But nothing they have at launch strikes me as all-ages appropriate or bundle-worthy, because obviously doing a first party game bundle would be so much easier and cheaper.

The FIFA bundle box would look good in an ad at least. As to whether it would be worth it or not I'd guess (in a thread that is 99.9% speculation and guesswork ;)) not, but MS seems desperate enough that spending the money to at least help the perception of the console in Europe after they screwed over half the continent might not be a terrible idea.

madmackem

I posted a thread yesterday how i thought it was strange ms seemed to have taken over the fifa 14 ads at football games. They have been sony style for sometime now, looks like we have some sort of deal between ea and ms to market it and to toss it in free with xboxone. Thats pretty fucking huge for europe, that shit sells like a mofo.

Riky

$MSFT
MS are certainly making it closer for a lot of ppl

PS4 = £349
FIFA 14= £40
PS eye = £60

total = £449

X1 + KINECT + FIFA 14 = £429

It actually makes the x1 better value for ppl wanting camera controllers and fifa 14.

I think next gen FIFA RRP is £55, so yeah feature for feature this bundle makes a lot of sense if true.

Basically, if the game is Fifa, this is my take. I already like the Xbox One exclusive launch games more than the stuff launching for the PS4, and sure I'm very excited about things like Kinect and some of other things MS is doing with television, but I still viewed both an Xbox One and PS4 as more or less being of equal value. The specs aren't such a big deal to me, but it's still significant that the PS4 has superior looking specs while also being $100 cheaper.

However, if Fifa is really a free pack in for the Xbox One, the Xbox One instantly, for me anyway, becomes a far better value. This won't mean much to people that aren't into Fifa, but for the people that are?

You overstimate the power of FIFA as a system seller.

Forget about it being a system seller. I just want the full game without having to pay for it lol.

Jomjom

Banned
Won't FIFA be pretty cheap by the time the Xbone comes out in the tier 2 EU countries anyway? Or do sports games not plummet in price after 3-4 months like they do in the US?

Bsigg12

But you're gonna need a tablet for XB1 to use Smartglass, so that's an extra $300 there. Plus a cable subscription, which is at least $400 a year or so. MS is making the first $2,000 console it seems.

Pretty much any smartphone works with smartglass though, so you could just use that rather than a tablet.

They're giving a free game, not making it an exclusive.

If true then CVG is wrong. Since it is not an exclusive game to be announced and FIFA if I am not mistaken is more than 40 Euros, is closer to 60 Euros. CVG's article seems to imply it is a Kinect game based on price and "Unique". Soooo who to believe? lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Good lord at all the money they're wasting. EA must be loving all the free money.

Seems like great marketing and incentive to me, how would free FIFA in FIFA's biggest demographic attached to your console be a waste? It could help swing many decisions on console purchases.

Jeels

I'm tired of all the money hats. Buying your way to success...

It shows desperation and is really sleezy. This is why I am not excited for Amazon, Apple, or Google entering this space either. They just throw money at stuff and hope to take the market.

I think some people just object to the idea that these enormous multinational corporations might be in it for more than just the joy of gaming.

No you got it wrong. See, when Sony does it, they're doing it because they love gamers. When MS does it, it's because they're desperate, greedy corporate cunts!

Kuro

FIFA launches in September.
XboxOne launches in November and in some countries in "early 2014".
People don't want to wait several months for FIFA.
Also, Ps4+FIFA is still cheaper than an XboxOne and it probably launches a few weeks early(according to cboat).

I don't think that MS will benefit much from this deal.

This. And I still think its more than likely the Ubisoft Kinect game following that CVG rumor.

who the fuck would want a camera and motion controllers to play fuckin FIFA? some of you guys are reaching deep. way to deep.

Because if EA can make Kinect worthwhile and actually have useful features/desirable features in FIFA 14, it'll be a even bigger deal, making the Xbox One version the more desirable version.

Honestly, with the stuff EA does with Madden via Kinect, I'm excited to see what features they add to FIFA 14, hell even if it's only voice navigation, I'm excited to be able to say "Xbox, On! Xbox, play FIFA 14! Start! etc etc"

You are already getting free games with PS+ ;)

You get Killer Instinct for free with a exclusive playable character with Gold, plus Project Sparks, and World Of Tanks (is that a launch Xbox One game or Launch Window?) and maybeLeague of Legends (if rumors are true)

Both subscription services are pretty damn good with giving you free content. PS+ gives you Drive Club (PS+ Edition, which depending on if it's the full game, a gimped version, or a "premium" demo, this is pretty cool). You also get PlanetSide 2 (is this Launch Window or Lanuch Title?) and DC Universe Online (again, not sure if Launch Window or Launch Title)

Acosta

FIFA would be a really good move, probably expensive but a good one, no doubt. It would make Xbox One way more competitive, especially in UK.

Given they are already have Titanfall from EA, this doesn't seems out of reality. It would be funnier if it was Fighter Within, but if they are serious this makes sense.

If the FIFA 14 next-gen exclusive to Xbone and packed in for Europe news was true, surely CBOAT would have made some mention of it in his latest truthfact bomba? I mean its huge news.

Get a feeling we need CBOAT in here asap. *starts doing CBOAT tribal dance*

Moobabe

I love how people keeps "forgetting" Kinect when doing this.

Well Kinect is an integral part of the X1 so why mention it separately?

We could also reel off a bunch of F2P titles as well but that'd be derailing a little too much wouldn't it?

As an exclusive it's certainly solid enough but it's not very 'sexy' even in football made Britain.

Still it can't hurt I suppose. But I wonder if MS need more at this point given how ludicrous the Xbone's launch price is regardless of whether FIFA is in the box.

It's not an exclusive. It's an exclusive bundle. I also wouldn't be surprised if the bundle was £449.99/€549.99 rather than a no cost addition as is being briefed by MS right now.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Damn if true. That's a crazy (good) move to gain traction in Europe. Seeing how Europe is the biggest market for Fifa, I wonder how much money goes into securing a deal like this? This is the type of deal Sony cannot match or keep up with.

Alx

Well they do have voice commands that are exclusive to kinect IIRC, and they said they improved them for the new episode. Not sure if people use them, though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If true then CVG is wrong. Since it is not an exclusive game to be announced and FIFA if I am not mistaken is more than 40 Euros, is closer to 60 Euros. CVG's article seems to imply it is a Kinect game based on price and "Unique". Soooo who to believe? lol

It might be the amount they're giving to EA per game.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Third Party = not Forza or Minecraft.

I'm guessing its FIFA since it's for Europe.

I don't see how they could possibly land FIFA as an exclusive for the XB1, especially with how Europe has traditionally been more Sony oriented. Would think it would take a HUGE bucket of money to pull off as well. Pretty big risk for a third party like that as well given the problems Microsoft is having with releasing the XB1 world wide as compared to Sony. Guess we'll see!

Kinect is irrelevant, as is the PS Eye. neither are a selling point, ESPECIALLY to the FIFA crowd, which i'm part of.
Pretty much this.

People aren't forgetting Kinect, they are ignoring it. You guy are assuming the FIFA crowd would be actually getting a Kinect if it were a side accessory and didn't come with the console.

Top Bottom