• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

brogan

Neo Member
How can it possibly be FIFA when I can pre-order a PS4 right now with FIFA 14. If it's FIFA, it surely cant be 14, must be a spin off. New FIFA Street etc.

I was obviously joking when I said Xbox One will win next gen because of this.

I'm American. We don't give a shit about soccer.

If it was Madden that would be a different story...

gazele

Banned
So both cvg and Mvc can't be right, correct?

Their rumors are very different, as even a new FIFA tie in game would be third party, which goes against the first party element to the cvg rumor

Can someone point out where it's said to be an exclusive bundle and not exclusive game?

can't be FIFA, the franchise is far too profitable for doing that, it would cost a shit tons of money to MS.

Exactly why it could be profitable for EA. EA will now get a free % of Xbox One sales/and or a huge amount of cash. Profits done on PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360 stay the same.

Microsoft can afford the check if they want, and it seems like they're desperate enough to try this to win Europe. Honestly... this is pretty fantastic of Microsoft. When the Xbox One launches in those other, canceled European countries in 2014, they'll get FIFA 14 and another game for free at no extra cost. :| That alone might push the Xbox One hard.

Good on Microsoft, now give us American's a free game as well, please. :D

How can it possibly be FIFA when I can pre-order a PS4 right now with FIFA 14. If it's FIFA, it surely cant be 14, must be a spin off. New FIFA Street etc.

Exclusive, official bundle. Those Gamestop and Amazon bundles aren't official. You pay for FIFA in those unofficial bundles and the game isn't in the box, it's just buying the two products. This is getting FIFA 14 free and in the Box with Xbox One.

Well yeah, but who knows how much it'll help those who see a PS4 and Fifa for Christmas. Will it get people to go X1? No doubt, but people can buy a PS4 and Fifa and still get it for cheaper than an X1.
But add in Kinect and that Is more value than PS4 to those actually interested in Kinect
Even if not interested in Kinect, people might look at the package and conclude that the $30-40 difference might be worth it for Kinect.

Dude.
Xbone exclusive bundle.
Game comes free with Xbone.

Want to buy it on another console? Go ahead, but you buy it individually.

Then wait, I am confused. Is there a clarification on what "Xbox One exlcusive" means? Because that would imply it is not coming to ANY other platform, but Xbox One Exclusive bundle, as in can't buy another console with this bundled in with it but still could separate, then yea I think that is possible.

Liberty4all

Banned
They might just be that desperate. They don't have a whole lot they can do besides throw money around in the short-term.

And it would work too. Free FIFA pack-in in Europe could single handedly turn MS's fortunes around and make it the leading console in the region.

Radec

MS are certainly making it closer for a lot of ppl

PS4 = £349
FIFA 14= £40
PS eye = £60

total = £449

X1 + KINECT + FIFA 14 = £429

It actually makes the x1 better value for ppl wanting camera controllers and fifa 14.

Why would I want a camera if I want to play Fifa on a PS4?

Troll

Banned
This would definitely sell Xboxs in Europe, especially if the exclusive content is actually quite good. Guess we wait and see.

Shit like this is why I will never count MS out of the race no matter how badly they fuck up. Their pockets are DEEP! Got a problem? Throw money at it. Still having a problem? THROW EVEN MORE MONEY AT IT

Only MS can do that type of shit right now. And they will never be truly out of the game because of it.
Money is finite even if they have a lot. A deal like this - if true - is definitely not something MS can pull off at whim.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If MS has money hatted. I mean incentivised EA to hand over FIFA as an exclusive for XBO then it's going to be massive. The first true megaton of the next generation.

Feels like I took a time machine back to May '13. Fifa and Battlefield 4 Xbox exclusive, playboys!

cmgfender

Banned
I think everyone saying it doesnt bring the consoles value in line with sony are looking at it the wrong way.

If I get FIFA for free, but I already planned on getting, say fifa and assassins creed and battlefield, now i can get another game for the same price i was already gonna pay.

In otherwords, people who already intended on getting fifa would now have another game to choose from, which sounds nice. People who were kind of on the fence about the one might think thats some cool stuff.

It by no way makes them EVEN in terms of value but it sure as well shrinks the gap

Tiglet

Banned
Nobody will buy that 'deal' when the xbox comes out months after the PS4 which will launch with FIFA14. The big FIFA fans buy the game day one, they do not wait 3-4 months.

dyergram

Pretty big deal to be honest. But I think FIFA comes out a whole before the xb. Lets hope Sony conters with a choose any game offer now.

Dambrosi

Banned
doubt it. they could make more money just selling it by itself.
Regarding FIFA 14, that is. I mean, I know EA are into giving their games to charity nowadays, but that would be ridiculous.

Still, we'll see tomorrow if it's true or not. Would be huge if it was.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is starting to remind me of pre-XBOX reveal and pre-E3 now.

Must be GTAV... FIFA 14 going exclusive... okay...

It's not happening.

I think people are confusing "exclusive" here to mean exclusive game, when it's actually like.. an exclusive free game bundle.

jaypah

MS must be seeing industry pre order data and getting scared now..but anyway;

Unless its titanfall, who cares?? its free but its still more expensive than a PS4 plus a game.

And PS4 has so many free to play options...

desperation reeks of desperation.

Im betting kinect sports.

maybe this is the 'ass storm'.

They are really desperate, aren't they?

And they still think that throwing money solves everything?

Disgusting.

Mmmmm, delicious.

Anyway, I'm going to bet on it being a family friendly and also Kinect based game. They haven't done much to make people interested in Kinect and I guess a pack-in would be the best way to at least get people to try it.

fuenf

Excuse me but what's so special about it? It's a nice deal, but it isnt as big as some of you are making it out to be.

It's obvious that FIFA will sell the most on the PS3, followed by the 360 and PC. The current gen version will be relaesed on 9/26, most likely 2months before the XBONE release. It'll already be old news by then and no multiplayer doesnt really count, because in regards to multiplayer many will stick with the current gen version or pick the console where they intend to play all of their multiplayer titles and not just FIFA.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
For me at least this would make the XB1 better value than the PS4. It was just about there already with Kinect but this would make it a no brainer.

A lot of folk would have no interest in either Kinect or Fifa though so it wont appeal to everyone.

It affects the decision as to what if any console to buy at launch yet again.

I hope EA and all their shit decisions fail and take XB1 with them!!

This year's Fifa will sell the most on current gen machines, so I think it has very little impact on next gen consoles.

FIFA launches in September.
XboxOne launches in November and in some countries in "early 2014".
People don't want to wait several months for FIFA.
Also, Ps4+FIFA is still cheaper than an XboxOne and it probably launches a few weeks early(according to cboat).

I don't think that MS will benefit much from this deal.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Money is finite even if they have a lot. A deal like this - if true - is definitely not something MS can pull off at whim.

Microsoft has enough money on hand to buy out essentially every major game publisher right now

A free pack in game (margin reduction) is nothing.

Bsigg12

Well yeah, but who knows how much it'll help those who see a PS4 and Fifa for Christmas. Will it get people to go X1? No doubt, but people can buy a PS4 and Fifa and still get it for cheaper than an X1.

That 3 billion is 6 times more expensive than the 500m dollar investment it took Sony and IBM to develop the Cell...

And how much did IBM make from Sony in lifetime manufacturing of the chip? Obviously IBM must have been making a pretty sizable chunk since the Cell was so overly complicated. We don't know what the R&D cost is for the Xbox One's APU, just that over the lifetime of the Xbox One, AMD is thinking they will make around $3 billion dollars off of sales. There's a bit of a difference there.

Top Bottom