• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

iceatcs

Why do people want to take away fifa from the other console? The more the merrier. Fuck this console wars stuff.

I know. Crazy kind of people. They really have to be very passion with the company.
Like support football team.

Bishop89

Why are ppl overreacting? Just buy fifa with the ps4 if it bothers you. Itll probably b the same price or cheaper anyways than the xbone bundle

Just saw a madden 25 commercial. Ended with xbox being the official console of the NFL

Its only a matter of time till a madden pack in is stated.
That would run counter to the upgrade deals at Gamestop and Amazon. Why offer to trade 360 Madden in for $50 credit toward Xbone Madden if it comes with the system?

I guess, with the building of momentum. The difference is if that momentum will actually carry over to sales numbers at the store level when people start checking out prices and see that buying a PS4 and the game separately will still be cheaper than the Xbone with the game thrown in. That could also be coupled with the fact that, if the PS4 launches first and is able to develop a decent enough install base before the Xbone and FIFA/Madden 14 launch, then the chance of people shelling out for a Xbone for FIFA would be diminished.

Also, love your username. "Marauder Shields - we honour his sacrifice." :)

I understand the argument that the PS4 with Fifa will be less than the X1 bundle. For anyone that wanted the PSeye with the PS4, and wasn't looking at the Kinect as a wasted peripheral then the two systems would reach beyond price parity with this Fifa bundle.

PS4 + Fifa + PSeye = £452

X1 Bundle with Kinect and Fifa = £430

So I can see how this bundle could sway people. The actual number of people would be the big question. I just feel bad for the people that would normally be buying Fifa. Long term value of the game is now exponentially worse becaue it is a pack-in. Don't expect too much for 2014 traded toward next years game :/

So no deal for Madden? I don't think NA gamers care about FIFA 14, so what's the free game?
I have no idea. Just logically discussing why some games wouldn't make sense for NA, unless Gamestop/Amazon were to drop Madden from their new trade-in deals. But unless I missed it, there aren't even any rumors of a NA pack-in. I think people are just speculating what games Microsoft could pack-in if they followed their Euro deals.

Chobel

As it stands this is Europe only. There is no rumor that states the US is getting anything like this, yet.

I have no idea. Just logically discussing why some games wouldn't make sense for NA, unless Gamestop/Amazon were to drop Madden from their new trade-in deals. But unless I missed it, there aren't even any rumors of a NA pack-in. I think people are just speculating what games Microsoft could pack-in if they followed their Euro deals.

I still think NA will get free game too because giving free game (major one) to europe and not to NA is going to piss NA gamers for not receiving the same deal.

RedAssedApe

Banned
has this been verified as a free game for everyone in Europe or just those missing out on the launch window (as previously announced)?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I understand the argument that the PS4 with Fifa will be less than the X1 bundle. For anyone that wanted the PSeye with the PS4, and wasn't looking at the Kinect as a wasted peripheral then the two systems would reach beyond price parity with this Fifa bundle.

So I can see how this bundle could sway people. The actual number of people would be the big question. I just feel bad for the people that would normally be buying Fifa. Long term value of the game is now exponentially worse becaue it is a pack-in. Don't expect too much for 2014 traded toward next years game :/
The beauty of the PlayStation Eye being sold as an external accessory though, is that it will be available to be discounted as part of retailer and online sales. If people want to grab one, it probably won't take long for someone to do either a discount off the Eye on it's own or a blanket discount off gaming accessories, especially coming up to Christmas.

Speaking from experience in retail (at least the way things work down here in NZ), retailers always try and get their accessory-to-console attach rate up around big public holidays, so will discount to get as many items added per sale. I doubt there'd be anyone paying retail price on the Eye leading up to this X-mas.

model13

If this comes to NA, I would just love a coupon for a free EA game of my choice. Not a huge sports videogamer, but I'd love BF4 or Titanfall.... this won't happen.

Bsigg12

Actually this could be EA's big chance to make Live relevant again. Like the discounted NFL 2k5, a free NBA Live 14 for every North American Xbox purchase would give them instant word of mouth (if the game is decent) and blunt early next gen sales of 2k14.

In the US sure, but at this point there is not a thing that points to the US getting a pack in game from EA. This whole thing is about Europe getting a free game.

Corto

I would risk to say that there won't be many people that mind that the pseye is not included in their PS4 fifa bundle.

fritolay

After EA dropping their online pass, then MS dropping their DRM, I think maybe MS is looking to help EA since their plans failed with a wad of cash and pack in game. Maybe not. They sure are friendly.

The beauty of the PlayStation Eye being sold as an external accessory though, is that it will be available to be discounted as part of retailer and online sales. If people want to grab one, it probably won't take long for someone to do either a discount off the Eye on it's own or a blanket discount off gaming accessories, especially coming up to Christmas.

Speaking from experience in retail (at least the way things work down here in NZ), retailers always try and get their accessory-to-console attach rate up around big public holidays, so will discount to get as many items added per sale. I doubt there'd be anyone paying retail price on the Eye leading up to this X-mas.

I was just pointing out that this bundle isn't as horrible as most are making it out to be. I'm not saying it is a good deal for anyone looking at a next gen system, but for some this will be a deciding factor for them. People discounting a free game are silly. If Sony were to announce a bundled in full retail game everyone should be happy and the same should be true of Microsoft. Consumers have a choice either way. If you don't want a Kinect, then beyond the few long term or permanent X1 exclusives, there would be very little reason behind wanting an X1 over a PS4 at this point.

I've said it in another thread before, but before this generation I was working video game retail (I accept general appologies for how terrible a job that is btw) and if it weren't for the price of the PS3 being so far above the price of the 360 this generation would have played out significantly differently. Even with a year head start the 360 didn't set any sales charts on fire until after the competition was out. If Sony had managed even price parity in 2006 the 360 would likely have been in the same position as the original Xbox, relegated to gaming culture's second thoughts.

Moral of the story? Microsoft is adding value. The value may mean nothing to you, but that is okay because luckily you have other choices. Get a PS4 or a Wii U. You could even wait out a price drop and keep using your current generation hardware. No one is forcing you to buy an Xbox One, with or without a Kinect and pack-in game.

I would risk to say that there won't be many people that mind that the pseye is not included in their PS4 fifa bundle.

I specifically stated that it would be for the subset of people that didn't already think the Kinect was trash and were interested in the PSeye. I am well aware that many on this forum are not interested in the slightest regarding the Kinect or the PSeye. But the Kinect V1 and the current PSeye (along with Move) must have been some form of success commercially or we would not be seeing them return.

That deal has to cost a pretty penny.

Desperation + Making the early adopters feel happy before a early 2014 kinectless model?

Ill give it to MS. They are trying but buying a xbox one this year seems like a good way to get burned unless you REALLY want that kinect.

Troll

Banned
Come on MS! With EA letting you pack in FIFA in Europe and your deal with the NFL how about you pack in Madden over in the US? DO IT!

has this been verified as a free game for everyone in Europe or just those missing out on the launch window (as previously announced)?
This is still just a rumor until Microsoft actually announces it. Though, it would be funny if this free game and the one being offered to Tier 2 countries are one in the same. That would be a slap in the face for the Tier 2 countries. On second thought, that wouldn't be so funny.

CTLance

Interesting.

The pessimist in me says that the game in question will probably be DLC heavy to allow for EA to make more monies (the Drive Club or whatever game on PS+ will probably do the same).

Still, free game is free. If it's really FIFA then that's an amazing move on MS's part. Let's see how this pans out. Things are gonna be exciting for the rest of the year.

Truespeed

You know, I miss the days when an actual game was packed in with your console. I like this idea. Maybe Sony should think about throwing in Knack for free.

Satchel

Banned
You know, I miss the days when an actual game was packed in with your console. I like this idea. Maybe Sony should think about throwing in Knack for free.

I'm hoping this is true so I can trade FIFA towards a game I actually want.

Haven't enjoyed FIFA since 10.

Truespeed

Interesting.

The pessimist in me says that the game in question will probably be DLC heavy to allow for EA to make more monies (the Drive Club or whatever game on PS+ will probably do the same).

Still, free game is free. If it's really FIFA then that's an amazing move on MS's part. Let's see how this pans out. Things are gonna be exciting for the rest of the year.

Or maybe it'll be a gimped version - you can only play as the goal keeper.

Hyunashi

I can see them doing nba live trying to make it relevant again

NBA live WONT be relavent. Most people will stay with the brand that has consistently given them a great NBA game. And if anything, with Lebron on the cover, all those bandwagon Heat fans will stop at nothing to get it.

NBA live will not be competition to 2k.

NBA live WONT be relavent. Most people will stay with the brand that has consistently given them a great NBA game. And if anything, with Lebron on the cover, all those bandwagon Heat fans will stop at nothing to get it.

NBA live will not be competition to 2k.
Goddamn lol. Chill the fuck out, Im just saying a hypothetical holy shit dude. I was simply, "Just saying." I have not played nba live since 06 I bought every NBA 2K since then I dont even fuck with nba live. Yall suspect, jump the gun too damn quick.

No I understand. I still don't see them using Live as leverage tho EA hasn't really shown that they are tying to keep up with 2K.
Fair enough I believe that.

fritolay

Instead of packing in a game, they should pack in a game code to download digital reinforce they want you to get your console online and stay there.

The Flash

Banned
Instead of packing in a game, they should pack in a game code to download digital reinforce they want you to get your console online and stay there.

That's probably what would happen. Why waste time shoving a game box into the package when you can just slip a download voucher in.

Gorillaz

Goddamn lol. Chill the fuck out, Im just saying a hypothetical holy shit dude. I was simply, "Just saying." I have not played nba live since 06 I bought every NBA 2K since then I dont even fuck with nba live. Yall suspect, jump the gun too damn quick.

Fair enough I believe that.

I wouldn't even say just brand loyalty but the Live team just been slacking for the past 4/5 years.

imtehman

Banned
I know, people buy quality and in terms of basketball games 2K is the highest. But what I am saying is EA could be tryna make some wild ass comeback idk. I dont really care about nba live

now imagine if 2k was still allowed to make NFL games... I said DAYum

i'll always hate EA because of this by the way.

While this sounds good in theory, won't people look at it and go "Why don't I buy a PS4 and FIFA/Madden separately, since it'll still turn out to be cheaper"?

They're not live streaming it at all (most likely due to what CBOAT was saying yesterday - new SDK has dropped performance on their Devkits, and you wouldn't want to show gameplay in case it buggered up onstage).
Apparently their GamesCon event is closed-door.

I said this before, but some people might say "Well, I do want Dead Rising 3 and Halo, too." it may not come down to a matter of cost, but more so specific games that people don't want to miss out on. If someone is already dead set on getting an Xbox One at its current pricepoint, then price really won't be the deciding factor. They'll already want an Xbox One for their own reasons, and then the possibility of also getting a free copy of Fifa 14 as a pack in at no extra cost is just a cool bonus. And if you're one of those gamers that loves Fifa, then it's even better.

Rourkey

Wow 45 page thread just for a pack in game, still I suppose if you stripped out the posts where Sony fans point out that the XB1 will still be more expensive than a PS4 + Fifa then you can cut the thread by more than half, if only there was a filter for it

Pretty big news. Fifa being bundled with the XBOX one will give it a huge boost in sales will pretty much ensure it once again dominates in the UK.

Top Bottom