• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

GHG

No overdrive mode?

Yeh that's with Overdrive enabled.

dkZD2v.png

Codiox

I "only" got a Ryzen 7 3700X and a RTX 3080, can I still get a somewhat good image out of this game? When I tried it at release it was really difficult to get a good image with 60fps.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
New weapons are included in the base game. I'm not sure if this addition is from 2.0... but it's nice to see new gear.

Damn, this game plays so damn well and looks so freaking amazing. Stealth is actually useful. What a nice change coming from 3 weeks of Starfield.
This feels more robust as is and has a much better looking world.

I'll be playing in a bit but business first.

hinch7

With my 5800X3D and 4070Ti. 1440P, DLSS 3.5, RR+FG (Rebar)

CP.png

80 fps average without Rebar so worth turning that on. On the cusp of being playable with keyboard and mouse and feels more stable than pre 2.0. Not sure whether to put on DLSS balance for a smoother, lower latency play. Does lose a bit of fidelity going from quality though.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
XUtMwna.jpg

When I first selected overdrive and ran the benchmark it said some things were still off but I restarted the game after I selected overdrive and it says yes in everything that needs to be yes.

I'm curious what a better cpu with ddr5 and a 4090 would give in comparison to my older 9700k and ddr4.

Anyone able to screen shot a benchmark if you have said components?
I don't know how useful this is, but I am getting similar fps with the same settings, but a 4070Ti and a 13700k with DDR5-6200. So you are likely a little CPU bound, because the 4090 should smoke me.

Still, doesn't look like you have much to complain about.

Roni

Gold Member
I "only" got a Ryzen 7 3700X and a RTX 3080, can I still get a somewhat good image out of this game? When I tried it at release it was really difficult to get a good image with 60fps.
Try maxing it out, including Path Tracing, and benchmarking it 1440 with VSync set to 30 and DLSS Quality. You should get a stable result... If you want 60 FPS, you gotta lower RT or get rid of it entirely.

Last edited:
I'll get round to it, but think I'll live for now.
Theres a few base settings you can drop that eat a lot of useless frames with 0 visual benefits. Here are my settings, feel free to test them on vs off fps wise and youll see quite a few gains. Everything else can be maxed. For example cascaded shadow range gives me a 10 FPS boost.

E2vYb2A.jpg

Reactions: GHG
Well. If Path Tracing is the future of games, my 3090 isn't going to last me as long as I'd hoped. Need that Frame Generation!

Also, CPU is starting to show its age...

20230921131529_1.jpg

So how does it run on the PS5? Solid 60fps in performance mode or what? Heading off to work so haven't had a chance to read the whole thread so apologies if already mentioned!

skneogaf

I assume for nvidia owners the most graphics intensive settings benchmark will be dlaa and everything on the highest settings including the 1 psycho setting at whatever resolution you can do?

I get 22.35 average fps at 4k with what I believe to be the highest quality graphics settings without frame generation.

Last edited:

Mahnmut

I have 77fps average (3440x1440), everything on max settings, Path tracing, DLSS Balanced and RR enabled on a 9900k + 4070ti.
I will optimize my settings but I think it's a good starting point.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Despite being on min spec for Path Tracing, I am getting very good performance, the game runs like absolute butter. Looks like the CPU and DLSS magic are saving the day.
YIyaNZs.jpg
C

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
If some of you wonder why experimental features have flaws it's because they're experimental..

I mean, Nvidia and CDPR is trying to push things forward more than most in this area, and they have, and in a relatively short time. But to be fair, and the devs talked about this when they introduced OD, the game was afterall made for raster, and you can't just flip a bit and make everything fit perfectly for PT and RR.

So, they had to mix and make compromises. There are leftover raster stuff in there, they are still integrating and adjusting ML training.. But the good thing is that for this time it works well in practic overall, we (well, if you dish out the money for an expensive GPU..) get to experience PT well before most people thought we would, and all of this experimentation will benefit the "new" era of dynamic game lighting.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I don't know how useful this is, but I am getting similar fps with the same settings, but a 4070Ti and a 13700k with DDR5-6200. So you are likely a little CPU bound, because the 4090 should smoke me.

Still, doesn't look like you have much to complain about.

At 4k or 1440p?

Gusy

So how does it run on the PS5? Solid 60fps in performance mode or what? Heading off to work so haven't had a chance to read the whole thread so apologies if already mentioned!
Still drops frames on key demanding locations. In my opinion, performance is less stable now compared to 1.63. It does feel more dense regarding traffic and NPCs on the street. Still , totally playable… I’m sure it will stick to its 60 fps target 90% of the time

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Will be reporting and looking at how it looks but given the reports of the some of the impact of the new RT OD implementation being off a little. I may revert back to psycho RT.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Despite being on min spec for Path Tracing, I am getting very good performance, the game runs like absolute butter. Looks like the CPU and DLSS magic are saving the day.
YIyaNZs.jpg
C
Turn off Auto DLSS. It is probably setting it to balanced or performance. At 1440p, stick with quality on your setup. It will lower the framerate but you will much better IQ.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Results using 1440p/'RT Ultra' preset, then tweaking from there. ReBar enabled in BIOS, but not forced through Nvidia Inspector.

PC Specs: 5800x3D, 4060 Ti 16GB, 64GB DDR4-3200, 2TB NVMe(+2TB SSD, 3TB HDD, 4TB external HDD).

-Ray Tracing-
RT Ultra: 27.46 avg | 22.87 min | 35.25 max
RT Ultra, DLSS 'Quality': 49.23 avg | 40.39 min | 61.95 max
RT Ultra, DLSS 'Auto': 59.24 avg | 48.06 min | 73.25 max
RT Ultra, FG 'Yes', DLSS 'Auto': 89.25 avg | 78.90 min | 104.56 max

-Path Tracing-
RT Ultra, PT 'Yes': 14.70 avg | 10.70 min | 20.00 max
RT Ultra, DLSS 'Quality', PT 'Yes': 29.37 avg | 22.97 min | 38.93 max
RT Ultra, DLSS 'Quality', RT Recon 'Yes', PT 'Yes': 31.78 avg | 22.84 min | 41.10 max
RT Ultra, FG 'Yes', DLSS 'Quality', RT Recon 'Yes', PT 'Yes': 53.67 avg | 44.13 min | 65.44 max
-
RT Ultra, DLSS 'Auto', PT 'Yes': 36.45 avg | 28.61 min | 47.26 max
RT Ultra, DLSS 'Auto', RT Recon 'Yes', PT 'Yes': 39.00 avg | 30.43 min | 49.19 max
RT Ultra, FG 'Yes', DLSS 'Auto', RT Recon 'Yes', PT 'Yes': 63.85 avg | 52.46 min | 76.49 max
---
-Raster-
High Preset, FG 'Yes', DLSS 'Quality': 127.25 avg | 107.29 min | 147.95 max
High Preset, FG 'Yes', DLSS 'Auto': 141.06 avg | 117.20 min | 153.55 max

---

P.S.- This is with the previous driver that was for Cyberpunk with DLSS 3.5 for RT Reconstruction(537.13). I forgot to upgrade to the most recent driver(537.42). Results should be similar.

Last edited:

hinch7

Theres a few base settings you can drop that eat a lot of useless frames with 0 visual benefits. Here are my settings, feel free to test them on vs off fps wise and youll see quite a few gains. Everything else can be maxed. For example cascaded shadow range gives me a 10 FPS boost.

E2vYb2A.jpg
Tried this and switched to Balanced DLSS. Now getting 99fps with Overdrive. Cheers.

Topher

Gold Member
PT has some weird effects on people. Objects look pretty good, but people have some weird stuff going on at times.

Gotta be honest, I don't PT is worth the performance hit.

Last edited:
PT has some weird effects on people. Objects look pretty good, but people have some weird stuff going on at times.

Gotta be honest, I don't PT is worth the performance hit.

I think its RR not PT. RR also makes a lot of ground reflections look pretty bad, besides the obvious watercoloring effect.

watch at timestamp

The light bounce tho is so good... well I aint starting my third replay right now anyway, prolly after expansion hits. Maybe they'll sort out these bugs until then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom