• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What the fuck, that's such a huge difference in atmosphere, I feel like you shouldn't need raytracing to get that cool red coloring.

Sad I don't have an RTX card.
Don’t be too sad; that shit runs at like 10FPS on most cards. Ray Tracing while beautiful is computationally very expensive and many times not worth it. But congrats to those who have multiple 3090’s who can run this at 4k/ultra/RT/60. I’m sure it’s a site to behold

Last edited:

Dampf

What??? How??

Then i'm fucking happy if that's the case.

I knew it.

Because daylight is entering the scene from behind the player in the first scene, and next to the vending machine in the second comparison. It looks miles better, as the day light is not even considered to be bouncing light in the rasterized version.

It would be so cool if you could close these doors and the lighting changes to behave more like the second pics, because that is something you could absolutely do with RT.

Last edited:

BEATORICHEEEEEE

Neo Member
I knew it.

Because daylight is entering the scene from behind the player in the first scene, and next to the vending machine in the second comparison. It looks miles better, as the day light is not even considered to be bouncing light in the rasterized version.

It would be so cool if you could close these doors and the lighting changes to behave more like the second pics, because that is something you could absolutely do with RT.

Damn you're right, the light is reflected in here:

unknown.png

Jesus christ, i'm relieved.

Last edited:

Dampf

but second pics kinda look better to me.
That is because your brain does not know there's a door behind the player where daylight is coming in cuz you are obviously not playing the game. That is exactly why RT should not be judged based on screenshots but it needs to be experienced. If your brain knew this, it would instantly think "why is this scene so dark regardless of the daylight shining behind me into the hallway ?"

That being said, it would be so cool if you could manipulate the light sources in the game with RTX on, like closing doors, shooting lights etc. That would result into an incredible immersive experience that is only able to be fully realized with RTX on.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
I really hope CDPR's patch and nvidia drivers will fix most of the issue but when a 3090 with DLSS can't run the game maxed at 60 fps, it really feels bad man. My 2080 is crying right now. Guess I'll have to lock it to 30, plug the controller and just enjoy it on a big screen. Can;'t imagine the state the game was in april.

3gSyXcVd9KENVSjtj3BXuf.png

I guess these were 30 fps requirements.

16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg

We already knew that was the 30fps requirements

also, where is the fucking 3070 in that table?

What the fuck, that's such a huge difference in atmosphere, I feel like you shouldn't need raytracing to get that cool red coloring.

Sad I don't have an RTX card.
this is just a rigged application of RTX. You could literally do the same lighting without RTX but they make the nonrtx mode worse on purpose because of nvidia marketing. Like why are there white lights in the non rtx version but not in the rtx on version?

BEATORICHEEEEEE

Neo Member
this is just a rigged application of RTX. You could literally do the same lighting without RTX but they make the nonrtx mode worse on purpose because of nvidia marketing. Like why are there white lights in the non rtx version but not in the rtx on version?

Read the posts above hahah, turns out the "red" screenshot was without RT.

Dampf

Nah this is false. Sure it could be realized with baked lights, but in such a huge open world, that is simply not feasible for the dev team and that development costs are better spent somewhere else. Remember, you have to manually bake that light for every corridor there might be in the game and for every time of day as well.

In games like TLOU2, devs use tons of baked lights that look like the RT image and there it works, but that isn't a dynamic, open world with TOD, so they can get away with baking light and making it look fantastic with a decent budget.

So no, Nvidia butchering raster effect in this game is nothing but a conspiracy theory and is not even worth discussing.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Still NDA'd I think.

But I'm pretty optimistic about it from what I've seen of streams and direct captures.

I swore I would wait for next gen to get that 60fps experience but if I can get that via BC on PS5 I'll pick it up in the 10th. Again, these reviews are useless.

TheSamurai

Neo Member
How are console folks feeling? Wait for performance and bugs impressions or jump in regardless?
Jumping in regardless. I would usually wait until a patch fixes most of the issues but I’m really looking forward to it.
I’ll see if the games overall quality will bypass my annoyances with the bugs.

mepirulo

Banned
I think we'll have to wait to see those RTX comparisons in movement. Lighting, reflections, shadows... are much more impressive in movement than is static images.

vpance

I swore I would wait for next gen to get that 60fps experience but if I can get that via BC on PS5 I'll pick it up in the 10th. Again, these reviews are useless.

60 FPS is in for sure. Will be interesting what is added in quality mode. Like if there's extra traffic and peds there I'm using that instead.

Im waiting for PS5 impressions too. Hows the image quality without CA and film grain, hows the performance etc

1260p 60 FPS at a minimum. Day 1 patch may improve that.

Luipadre

60 FPS is in for sure. Will be interesting what is added in quality mode. Like if there's extra traffic and peds there I'm using that instead.

1260p 60 FPS at a minimum. Day 1 patch may improve that.

1260p? somebody counted it or what? :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Real 4k screens from the PC version, from one of our russian reviewers, played on 2080ti, 4k 30fps.

ad1f049c-dc11-5f02-833f-e980977e032b

db8bb299-ccbd-51d9-bf7e-bc967e4f2d41

3dd8c0fd-3ab5-5482-a42d-8b955142ca23

Fuck.. those empty streets on PC are a real bummer. Goddamnit.

So the 2nd shots are with RTX off? IMO RTX off looks much better.
Someone mentioned that already but just because a single frame might appear as more attractive, it doesn't mean that it will be the case once you're playing and you're in that space. There's clearly a daylight beaming from rooms that are not in frame. I'll take realistic lighting over fake and flashy one.

Relique

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. Has there been any mention if the current pre-load on steam/GOG includes the patch that the reviewers got? I got slow ass internet

CloudNull

Banned
Someone mentioned that already but just because a single frame might appear as more attractive, it doesn't mean that it will be the case once you're playing and you're in that space. There's clearly a daylight beaming from rooms that are not in frame. I'll take realistic lighting over fake and flashy one.
True. I am just bit salty I dont have RT. I went for an AMD build and I am stoked to see that it looks great with RT off. The car pic you posted looks way better with RT on.

vpance

But PS doesnt have a quality mode right? 1260p as minimum is okay i guess. FIrst thing im gonna do is turning off CA and film grain

I never saw a quality mode available in any of the PS5 streams. But everyone is expecting it to be there after the patch because XSX has it already.

Also have to turn off the lens flares. They put all 3 things to extreme settings by default.

Luipadre

I never saw a quality mode available in any of the PS5 streams. But everyone is expecting it to be there after the patch because XSX has it already.

Also have to turn off the lens flares. They put all 3 things to extreme settings by default.

PS got that patch aswell and still no quality mode. A bit weird but i take 60 fps anyday. Just hope the Image quality is still good

vpance

PS got that patch aswell and still no quality mode. A bit weird but i take 60 fps anyday. Just hope the Image quality is still good

Didn't they do something similar with Witcher 3? PS4 Pro patch didn't come til much later I think.

Image is soft but aliasing isn't bad at all because of that.

Luipadre

I also want to hear about the HDR implementation because if they are good than god help us. This will look amazing on my OLED especially at night.

Heartkiller

How are console folks feeling? Wait for performance and bugs impressions or jump in regardless?
I feel like the smart thing to do would be to wait for some PS4 Pro impressions... but I'll probably jump in regardless. I suffered through Skyrim on the PS3 and I have to imagine that this couldn't be any worse than that. Besides, I'll definitely be playing through this game multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom