• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 HypeTrain | Just breathe (No leaks)

What platform are you going to play on?

• PC

Votes: 612 50.1%
  • PS4 Amateur

Votes: 84 6.9%
  • PS4 Pro

Votes: 139 11.4%
  • XBox 1

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Xbox 1 X

Votes: 130 10.6%
  • Waiting for the next gen

Votes: 377 30.9%
  • Stadia

Votes: 13 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VFXVeteran

Banned
What is that comparing exactly? Is there a setting that makes the game look like the second pics?

This is the real power of Ray-Tracing.. using it for area lights. I told you people on these forums over and over again how RT lighting makes a HUGE difference in quality of rendering and is the MOST expensive feature there is. RT reflections is just a small piece the overall lighting pie and is much less expensive. This is using RT to the fullest potential outside of path tracing.

vpance

I also want to hear about the HDR implementation because if they are good than god help us. This will look amazing on my OLED especially at night.

It's not fake HDR like with some other games. That is for sure.

But the style of the game is with raised blacks, so it's not the perfect OLED showcase.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
It's happening

zu7OccK.jpg

VFXVeteran

Banned
I really hope CDPR's patch and nvidia drivers will fix most of the issue but when a 3090 with DLSS can't run the game maxed at 60 fps, it really feels bad man. My 2080 is crying right now. Guess I'll have to lock it to 30, plug the controller and just enjoy it on a big screen. Can;'t imagine the state the game was in april.

3gSyXcVd9KENVSjtj3BXuf.png

I guess these were 30 fps requirements.

16_9_EN_3-_02qt7qdkx3b50kqk.jpg

Not supposed to. This game is probably the most GPU intensive game out. Why would the graphics engine cater to the 3090 by allowing the 3090 to render it's complex ray-tracing algorithms @4k/60FPS?? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nope. Graphics engines plow through their algorithms shooting for realism and if the hardware can't handle it, oh well.. wait on 4090!

Last edited:
Not supposed to. This game is probably the most GPU intensive game out. Why would the graphics engine cater to the 3090 by allowing the 3090 to render it's complex ray-tracing algorithms @4k/60FPS?? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nope. Graphics engines plow through their algorithms shooting for realism and if the hardware can't handle it, oh well.. wait on 4090!

But its not 4k. It barely holds a 64 average and with below 60 dips even at 2k. Guess will see when day 1 patch hits, drm removed and drivers are out. Steam reviews will have a field day with this if it runs like shit anyway.

Hmmmm.... I'm sure the game will no doubt look better with Raytracing, but at least in some of those Russian pics, I do think it looks better with RTX OFF. Maybe I would change my mind if I saw it in motion.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Hmmmm.... I'm sure the game will no doubt look better with Raytracing, but at least in some of those Russian pics, I do think it looks better with RTX OFF. Maybe I would change my mind if I saw it in motion.

Yea, I guess some people can't see how light bounces around. In reality, there would never be any oversaturation of light like those bottom shots. Way too much red. Light coming from outside will absolutely bounce around in the scene. Also, the ambient occlusion is missing in the RTX OFF. It's nice and pretty where objects are planted on the ground with RTX ON. Hopefully Alex will go over these types of things in his review.

I’m glad the top end pc’s can’t run the game maxed right now. This is a GOOD thing. It means they’ve not made any compromises on the pc version Like they ended up doing with the Witcher 3 to fit it onto the consoles.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I’m glad the top end pc’s can’t run the game maxed right now. This is a GOOD thing. It means they’ve not made any compromises on the pc version Like they ended up doing with the Witcher 3 to fit it onto the consoles.

Yep. Raw complex algorithms. Period. Either crunch them or go home.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
wat compromises were made on the pc version of witcher 3?

Yea, I guess some people can't see how light bounces around. In reality, there would never be any oversaturation of light like those bottom shots. Way too much red. Light coming from outside will absolutely bounce around in the scene. Also, the ambient occlusion is missing in the RTX OFF. It's nice and pretty where objects are planted on the ground with RTX ON. Hopefully Alex will go over these types of things in his review.
I don't disagree with you and I'm sure in motion RTX will look better. But at least in some of those shots I do think the Neon lighting looks cooler with RTX OFF. Those red neon lights are completely filling the room and are even reflected and coloring the walls and floor. They have a volumetric intensity to them. On the RTX ON pics the red lights aren't spilling onto the walls and floor ... and I feel like they should be.

In some cases it can be true that more accurate does not always look better or more atmospheric..... in some cases.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Well I am one of the plebs who will play it on base ps4. Hopefully my copy arrives on time.

Base ps4 and all them bugs, what can I say, I like to live dangerously. xD

Last edited:
Has anybody here preorder the game from GOG?

If so, did you actually get free posters? It says on the site that if you preorder, you get exclusive avatars, print quality posters, digital comic, art booklet, etc. Is this true? Or it separate purchases? Also, it the game digital? Or physical? Because I don't have a disk drive hahaha.

GrayChild

If so, did you actually get free posters? It says on the site that if you preorder, you get exclusive avatars, print quality posters, digital comic, art booklet, etc. Is this true? Or it separate purchases? Also, it the game digital? Or physical? Because I don't have a disk drive hahaha.

These should be unlocked when the game releases (under the 'Extras' section). So far, there's only the option to pre-load the game without downloading any of the bonus content.

Last edited:
It means they’ve not made any compromises on the pc version

Nice to be optimistic but I don't think that's the case here at least not from what I've read from some of the reviews. Even without ray-tracing, it does not seem too hot and while it looks good I never truly saw anything "breathtaking" about the world or interactions and some of the reviewers even mentioned the world feels rather disconnected from the player but again, remains to be seen once we put our hands on it.

oagboghi2

I'm sure there is a community still playing these games online.

Nice to be optimistic but I don't think that's the case here at least not from what I've read from some of the reviews. Even without ray-tracing, it does not seem too hot and while it looks good I never truly saw anything "breathtaking" about the world or interactions and some of the reviewers even mentioned the world feels rather disconnected from the player but again, remains to be seen once we put our hands on it.

Are these the reviews crying about posters and pronouns

Last edited:
Are these the reviews crying about posters and pronouns

Nah, there are some legit ones.

That's on PC, presumably maxed. Draw distance looks abysmal and we've seen much better stuff in other games. Hopefully just bugs but technically and ray-tracing aside, I don't think the game looks that great and I was hoping it was due to verticality and interior exploration but I heard even those are very limited.🤷‍♂️ Still very much excited about the story and everything else tho.

Probably going with xbox version as my 1€ PC copy got canceled. Also i just hage a 1070 and won't upgrade. A series X is much more powerful.

Just hate that I have to pay 40€ instead of 20€ on PC

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Really really leaning towards pulling the trigger and preordering this. I want the PS5 version but they say there is a PS5 patch ready day one and all further updates will be free. Is that true?

How has PS5 performance been so far? I don’t care about bugs I mean overall? Is there a 60fps mode?

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

The non raytraced image lacks consistency because its some dev picking and choosing what should be faked to appear its giving off light.
Look at the blue and purple neon handcuffs and toys sign compared to the heart right next to it in both images. What RTX bring to the table is realism and consistency. You can even see the purple and blue coloring the AC unit next to it. No dev is going to take the time to do that for the little things.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a few places claiming the next gen consoles will get the flat PS4 pro or x one x version without even a 60fps mode does anyone here know of any confirmation of this? I’m gonna be super annoyed if the game only runs at 30 on my Ps5.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Really really leaning towards pulling the trigger and preordering this. I want the PS5 version but they say there is a PS5 patch ready day one and all further updates will be free. Is that true?

How has PS5 performance been so far? I don’t care about bugs I mean overall? Is there a 60fps mode?
I don't think there's any downside I know of to getting it on PS4. It gets free upgrade to PS5 "version" in the future, whatever that turns out to be.

Supposedly people have seen it running on PS5 at 60 fps, but I haven't seen that personally. All reviews were on PC from what I understand.

I’ve seen a few places claiming the next gen consoles will get the flat PS4 pro or x one x version without even a 60fps mode does anyone here know of any confirmation of this? I’m gonna be super annoyed if the game only runs at 30 on my Ps5.

I have seen leaked PS5 footage that shows an unlocked framerate that spends most of the time at 60fps IMO. This is not a locked 60fps and there are definitely plenty of dips but its WAY better than 30.

The leaked BASE PS4 and XB1 footage I've seen looks terrible, but the exact same game running on the PS5 looks SOOOOO much better and more enjoyable.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Nah, there are some legit ones.

That's on PC, presumably maxed. Draw distance looks abysmal and we've seen much better stuff in other games. Hopefully just bugs but technically and ray-tracing aside, I don't think the game looks that great and I was hoping it was due to verticality and interior exploration but I heard even those are very limited.🤷‍♂️ Still very much excited about the story and everything else tho.
Abysmal is your takeaway from that picture?

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
I have seen leaked PS5 footage that shows an unlocked framerate that spends most of the time at 60fps IMO. This is not a locked 60fps and there are definitely plenty of dips but its WAY better than 30.

The leaked BASE PS4 and XB1 footage I've seen looks terrible, but the exact same game running on the PS5 looks SOOOOO much better and more enjoyable.

Having an unlocked framerate without some sort of VRR/Freesync/Gsync to address it is a terrible experience.

Thanks, brother this puts my mind at ease a fair bit. I was worried they hadn't done anything at all for the next-gen consoles but unlocking the framerate can't be much work so I'm glad they've done at least that. The Dynamic Res will obviously be a big part of what makes it look significantly better on the next-gen machines as well.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Thanks, brother this puts my mind at ease a fair bit. I was worried they hadn't done anything at all for the next-gen consoles but unlocking the framerate can't be much work so I'm glad they've done at least that. The Dynamic Res will obviously be a big part of what makes it look significantly better on the next-gen machines as well.
I'm going to play around with it a bit, but I'm hoping the next-gen patches next year help it closer to the PC version.

The game is all neon lights and shiny, reflective surfaces. PS5 should be able to do a bit more for sure. Not on par with PC, but hopefully some cool improvements.

Isendurl

I don't think there's any downside I know of to getting it on PS4. It gets free upgrade to PS5 "version" in the future, whatever that turns out to be.

Supposedly people have seen it running on PS5 at 60 fps, but I haven't seen that personally. All reviews were on PC from what I understand.

There actually was review on one of the Czech sites, where reviewer played on PS5 (it was later taken down, because that guy probably played on leaked copy, lol).

But he confirmed he was able to play in 60 fps.

He also said that he tried to load up disk version without a patch and he could not believe it, it was like beta version apparently. So dont try that folks, maybe just for laughs.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

PC performance metrics shouldn't be viewed as the Day 1 experience given the DRM involved is hampering performance.

. . .and what PC compromises (or is this something that folks have conjured out of thin air)?

PC performance metrics shouldn't be viewed as the Day 1 experience given the DRM involved is hampering performance.

. . .and what PC compromises (or is this something that folks have conjured out of thin air)?
The only compromise on PC, is whatever your willing to pay to get the performance wanted. Consoles on the other hand... Well you've seen ps5 version, or the ps4 version running on ps5 right? That's what I call compromise if I've ever seen such thing.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Just pre ordered after watching some footage and really liking how it looks and realizing it was as yet unpatched. Didn’t they say the delay was mostly around getting it to work better on last gen? Feel like this game is really going to be a looker on PS5 from day one.

CDPR is really good at what they do, I poo-poo’d the Witcher 3 as overrated for years until I actually gave it a chance and the writing, art, and quest design was so good. Expecting similar here.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I honestly wonder if Azurro Azurro & Darius87 Darius87 is completely triggered that ps5 won't look like either screenshot, but a lower quality, lower resolution one, without raytracing either, and lower framerates. Imagine trying to talk to talk down to PC players, without realizing he's gotta look up to us?

Hey man, I already have a mortgage, no need for me to live rent free in your head. ;)

Btw, shouldn't minions like you wait for the big boss to show up alongside you before you attack? ;) :D

Hey man, I already have a mortgage, no need for me to live rent free in your head. ;)

Btw, shouldn't minions like you wait for the big boss to show up alongside you before you attack? ;) :D
That would actually be funny, if it was actually funny, but since it isn't....

Back on topic, can you not wait for the comparisons between PC and ps5... I mean ps4 version?! And even when the ps5 gets an update, can't you wait for the ps5 comparisons?! I don't see you doubling down on "optimizations" anymore? What happened? Reality kicked you in the gonads? PC version is the boss, and you are that little minion seething in the corner, trying to cope with the reality of things. You and I should post screen shots and let everyone compare which has the best optimization! Ironic huh?!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
That would actually be funny, if it was actually funny, but since it isn't....

Back on topic, can you not wait for the comparisons between PC and ps5... I mean ps4 version?! And even when the ps5 gets an update, can't you wait for the ps5 comparisons?! I don't see you doubling down on "optimizations" anymore? What happened? Reality kicked you in the gonads? PC version is the boss, and you are that little minion seething in the corner, trying to cope with the reality of things. You and I should post screen shots and let everyone compare which has the best optimization! Ironic huh?!
You've clearly trained long hours for this moment.

Having an unlocked framerate without some sort of VRR/Freesync/Gsync to address it is a terrible experience.

Generally I agree. But that's if there is a constant swing. From what I saw on the PS5 version it looks to sit at 60fps most of the time while only dipping now and then. Noticable when it happens but then enjoying long stretches at 60.

And I'm comparing it to the PS4 base version, so yeah, I'd take the PS5 version any day.

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
Jeff Gerstmann said that they specifically mentioned to him to not use the current build for benchmarks. He was talking about the build he received, but I'd imagine it's the same as the one used for these benches, so I'd bet day one performance might be a little different than those graphs.

phant0m

pretty sure the physical version is a box with a download code and the physical "goodies"

Just pre ordered after watching some footage and really liking how it looks and realizing it was as yet unpatched. Didn’t they say the delay was mostly around getting it to work better on last gen? Feel like this game is really going to be a looker on PS5 from day one.

CDPR is really good at what they do, I poo-poo’d the Witcher 3 as overrated for years until I actually gave it a chance and the writing, art, and quest design was so good. Expecting similar here.

why would you poo poo a game of that nature without having given it a chance...

I wonder how many people did the same.

Madflavor

What a bizarre day it's been. This may be the first time I've ever seen a game get a 90+ on Metacritic, and so many people are disappointed, and so doom and gloom about the game. It's just very bizarre to witness. If I never saw the MC scores or any of the reviews, and I just looked at the general attitude and energy from people, I woulda though the game got something in the high 70s or low 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom