• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*DANGER* Breaking Bad S5 *SPOILER* Thread - Untagged discussion, photos, and leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
I'm blind posting this in the thread. I haven't read this and have no idea if the contents are interesting and/or spoilerish, but it seems like the sort of things you folks might enjoy discussing:

- TV Overmind: Advanced Review - Breaking Bad 5.06 "Buyout"

Not reading that, but thanks for posting.

Usually I would be into spoilers for a TV show, but Breaking Bad is much more enjoyable when you're shocked at whats happening.

Fry

According to TV.com:

Title:
Gliding All Over
Synopsis:
Walt attends to some loose ends and in the process makes a dangerous decision that will affect his entire family.

VegaNine

Next week:

Say My Name - Season 5, Episode 7, Airs Aug 26, 2012

Walt assumes a new level of superiority in the business venture. Mike is left to deal with the consequences of his actions.​

In other news, those "leaks" are being plugged: Gomez lives, Jesse is unharmed, Madrigal doesn't seem to be Gray Matter, and it doesn't look like there's room for Skyler to be strangled next week (fingers crossed for the finale).

VegaNine

The next two episodes are being hyped:

Weekend Preview: The One Who Knocks is About to Bang Down the Door

Breaking Bad (AMC, Sunday 10 p.m.) — Vince Gilligan noted that the two big episodes this half season would be five and seven. This is seven. There are two characters now that are totally extraneous: Lydia and Landry (or whatever his real name is). I think one doesn’t make it to episode eight. Also, remember that crackhead theory I floated yesterday about Walt turning state’s evidence? Well, if Gilligan is circling through the Pacino films, maybe he’ll eventually land on Donnie Brasco.

Betsy Brandt ‏@betsy_brandt Everybody buckle up for this Sunday's episode...

Betsy Brandt ‏@betsy_brandt @noreign wait until you see it...I do not lie (that much ; ).

Betsy Brandt ‏@betsy_brandt @NahirJofre I don't know what happens after these 8, but episode 7 and 8 this season are big.

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8 Breaking Bad is about to Break Bad. The darkness is on the horizon. Can you feel it?

Breaking Bad’s Betsy Brandt Talks About Series’ End, Potential Movie

Brandt: Even if I could give something away without getting canned I wouldn’t because I wouldn’t want to ruin it for you or anybody else, but the last episode this season, Episode 5.08, is definitely a game-changer.

Teasers yet unrealized:

• Cranston: A "cast member" meets their end [via Rolling Stone]
  • Gilligan: Walt tops himself with an irredeemable act [via Comic Con]
  • Norris: There's a "chilling" scene involving Holly [via NPR]

Also, the "Gomez is killed" theory stems from the actor's IMDB page. He's apparently the only actor whose contract hasn't been renewed for the final eight episodes.

Leucrota

One of the circumstantial pieces of evidence supporting this theory is "A few episodes ago, Walter White promised Skyler that before it was all said and done, Skyler would like him again, right?" and "What would drive Walt to come to his senses, join Hank, and turn on the other meth organization? Two things: The death of Jesse or the death of a child. The signs have pointed to the death of Holly for quite a while."

I don't see how SkySky would EVER forgive Walt if Holly died. Thus, there is a major weakness in this theory.

Muffdraul

I just posted this in the main BrBa thread and was asked to move it here-

So, official vote: What to you think is the big stinger for the end of the half season? Do we get a major death, a mojor discovery, or both?
I think either someone in Walt's family dies, we find out something major about Tod, or Hank finally figures it out.

I recently asked a friend who is in a position to know if the supposed spoilers posted at 4chan were true. He asked "Do you really want to know what happens in the last episode of the season?" Long story short, I said no... but with some obvious lingering yearning and curiosity to know something. He said
"It's a bloodbath. And a cliffhanger."

I also asked him for something specific but not really all that spoilery to sort of use as retroactive proof that I'm not full of shit. He said that
in the final episode, there's a scene where Skyler brings Walt to a storage unit with an "uncountable" amount of money inside. Skyler says the line, "It would take ten lifetimes to spend this amount of money."

I recently asked a friend who is in a position to know if the supposed spoilers posted at 4chan were true. He asked "Do you really want to know what happens in the last episode of the season?" Long story short, I said no... but with some obvious lingering yearning and curiosity to know something. He said

I also asked him for something specific but not really all that spoilery to sort of use as retroactive proof that I'm not full of shit. He said that
in the final episode, there's a scene where Skyler brings Walt to a storage unit with an "uncountable" amount of money inside. Skyler says the line, "It would take ten lifetimes to spend this amount of money."
Could you possibly have your friend PM me the details?

i clicked on this thread accidentally and i just had to make a post to say that i didn't read any of this and you guys should be ashamed.

BPRD

Banned
In episode 7 after the deal back at the pest control business. Mike says something about a bug, the DEA doing a sweep he doesnt know when then he says "just get rid of the bug." what bug is he talking about? I dont remember the DEA bugging anything other than putting a tracking device on those barrels so what does he mean?

In episode 7 after the deal back at the pest control business. Mike says something about a bug, the DEA doing a sweep he doesnt know when then he says "just get rid of the bug." what bug is he talking about? I dont remember the DEA bugging anything other than putting a tracking device on those barrels so what does he mean?

he meant the bugs walt put in hank's office. walt removed them before he overheard that they were going to come after mike

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

You friend is legit.

Bleepey

I read something about what Walt does to a main cast member. I am a weak man, i should know better but like i said, i am weak. Shame on me. I pray that's not true.

FrsDvl

Ok, so can we assume that the Ricin he pulls out of his house is the same one that was swiped from Jesse?

It has to be. Walt only made 2 batches of Ricin, one for Tuco and one for Gus. Tuco's went to waste and gus's was indeed with Jesse still, but i'm positive he took that from Jesse. After watching Gliding over all today, he put's it behind his electrical socket. You never seen him make another batch of ricin, so yes. it's safe to assume it is.

My question is why he would risk going back to his old house instead of just making some new Ricin. He clearly knows how to from his previous experience doing so.

I think he does it for two reasons. 1) to show the audience that he was the one who got the ricin from Jesse, and 2) he wants to use the Ricin that was intended for Gus to kill someone else. My guess is Jesse. To use what Jesse himself had for so long to kill him would be the ultimate way out.

VegaNine

I can't believe we only have eight weeks left to guess how it ends. IMO, plot-guessing is the best thing about following Breaking Bad. I'll never get this chance again, so I'm going for broke.

We know from Rolling Stone that Walt returns to Albuquerque in the opener in order to "protect someone."We also know that Gilligan considers the ending [paraphrasing] "a victory for Walt, although it might not seem like one." I think the new meth distributors (still underused) will be pissed about Walt retiring/disappearing and are gonna want someone to fulfill his bargain. Good thing Walt gushed about Jesse being "the second greatest meth cook in the world."

Jesse, I think, will hook up with Hank (a pairing the writers can't resist), and will try to bring Walt down legally until he disappears. Jesse will interrogate Saul about the disappearance, but Saul, in trying to persuade Jesse not to mess with scary-ass Walt, will let slip that Walt is a kid-poisoner. Saul, being half-implicit, will save himself from Jesse's wrath by giving up "the guy who vanishes people," so that Jesse can hunt Walt down and kill him. Just when we think the big showdown is on, the meth peddlers will kidnap Jesse.

Walt will be oblivious to the kidnapping, spending his final days in NH (he's coughing and taking pills in the flash-forward), and in regret/repent (he arranges his bacon nostalgically, gives the waitress a generous tip). Something needs to happen to get Walt back to ABQ. Best guess: Hank tracks Walt to NH. Hank will have tailed Jesse, so he'll know that Jesse visited Saul before he went missing. Hank interrogates Saul, Saul gives up the "vanishing guy," the vanishing guy gives up Walt.

So Hank tracks Walt to NH, where Walt gets the jump on him. Hank then tries to save his own life by guilt-tripping Walt about the mess he left in ABQ: countless deaths, an orphaned family, etc. (especially potent if the bacon theory proves true, or if Walt Jr.'s car crash ever happens). Either way, Walt would learn from Hank that the blue meth is back on the streets, and from that he'd know that Jesse was kidnapped since he was adamant that he'd never cook again.

So Walt spares Hank, escapes, and returns to save Jesse as a way of repenting in his final days. Well, whoever he returns to save (if indeed that's what he's doing), it's a fair bet he'll succeed if the ending is like Gilligan says. Maybe since Walt is fond of giving people choices, he could save Jesse, confess to Jane's death, and then give Jesse some options: "A: Turn me in, B: Let me go and I'll die anyhow, or C: Take this gun, and kill me right here." The final scene could be Jesse's decision. (And since this is practically a fanfic: maybe a mirror of the famous shot where Jesse kills Gale, only this time with Walt and with no hesitation in Jesse's eyes before he pulls the trigger). /end crazy fanfic.

No idea what he'll do with the ricin. Or how I'll cope when it's over.

Tek

5jkms.jpg

VegaNine

It's finally back! Now we can decipher all the clues just like last year, only to convince ourselves that Walt will strangle Skyler in episode number __.

Here's a few things to start us off:

5vqaUsk.jpg

That's Skyler meeting with someone in a diner next week (and holding a secret note! Or a Sweet 'N Low). She's heard crying, "I am so sorry!" to someone in the episode preview. It's cut to sound like she's apologizing to Hank for keeping Walt's identity a secret, but the episode summary makes it sound like Ted could be coming back to fuck her
shit up
:
5x10 "Buried" ; While Skyler White's past catches up with her, Walter White covers his tracks. Jesse Pinkman continues to struggle with his guilt.
So who is Hank talking to in the preview when he says, "The lives he's destroyed / He's a monster / I can be the man that caught him."? It could still be Skyler, but I'll stick with my prediction from earlier and guess that he teams up with Jesse. He's already thinking about him--he just referenced him in the garage with Walt (absolving him of responsibility for the epic phone prank), and they both want to see justice against Walt. I think it's the kind of pairing the writers can't pass up.

Also in the promo (and possibly related), Saul and Walt discuss Jesse having disappeared. Where does he disappear to? Maybe his new role as ABQ's Robin Hood will get him picked up or arrested. Might make for a convenient appointment with Hank, who returns to work next week:

xqUJDIj.jpg

Further evidence
of confirmation bias
!!
5x11 "Confessions" ; Jesse Pinkman decides to make a change, while Walter White and Skyler White try to deal with an unexpected demand.
5x12 "Rabid Dog" ; An unusual strategy starts to bear fruit, while plans are set in motion that could change everything.
In the driving scene that was being taped, Hank was driving his Durango with Jesse as his passenger. <---reported by a looky-loo last year during filming.

Other clues & curiosities:

• What the hell could bring Saul to the verge of tears and hysteria in the preview? Either someone threatens to break his legs again, or he comes clean to Jesse about Brock's poisoning.
  • According to Vince Gilligan, the "complications and moving parts" that Lydia talked about at the car wash will come into play for her next week.
  • According to Chris Hardwick, a "secret BB actor" will be on next week's "Talking Bad." On Hardwick's Walking Dead show, "Talking Dead," a "secret actor appearance" usually means they've been killed that episode. The title of 5x10 is "Buried."

Ok, someone on another forum posted details of all eight episodes a week before the new season started and the first episode summary was spot on. Are the rest BS? Or have they been leaked? I'm too nervous to read everything to see.

Betty

Banned
I thought we had to spoiler tag anything that had to do with next weeks promo's?

EDIT: lol, this IS the spoiler thread, my bad!

VegaNine

Ok, someone on another forum posted details of all eight episodes a week before the new season started and the first episode summary was spot on. Are the rest BS? Or have they been leaked? I'm too nervous to read everything to see.

The first episode had been known in detail for ages, so it's probably BS. If you can post a link to the thread, I might be able to disprove (or confirm) it.

Pimpwerx

Great post, VegaNine. Jesse and Hank teaming up seems kinda lame to me. I don't know. I was hoping for Hank to get iced relatively soon, but I guess not with the buildup.

In the diner, photo, could Skyler be apologizing to Lydia for threatening her at the car wash? That's what first came to mind when I saw the preview. Well, that and Ted, but he's gotta be in pretty rough shape still. PEACE.

Wilbur

Banned
All sounds pretty legit up until 7 I think. I don't think they'd skip an entire year and I don't see Walt killing Jesse.

All sounds pretty legit up until 7 I think. I don't think they'd skip an entire year and I don't see Walt killing Jesse.

I agree, 1-6 seem pretty solid but 7 seems pretty crazy. Then again they did say it was going to get nuts. If walt did kill Jesse that way it would show how much of a monster he has become.

However, it sets up the confrontation I didn't see coming. Walt vs hank and jr. I think now it comes down to walt having to kill his son and if he can do it or not. Just my opinion :)

Wilbur

Banned
I agree, 1-6 seem pretty solid but 7 seems pretty crazy. Then again they did say it was going to get nuts. If walt did kill Jesse that way it would show how much of a monster he has become.

However, it sets up the confrontation I didn't see coming. Walt vs hank and jr. I think now it comes down to walt having to kill his son and if he can do it or not. Just my opinion :)

Makes no sense that he would save Jesse only to kill him haha! And I'd certainly expect a more visceral reaction to Skyler's death from Walt and the rest of the family...

VegaNine

Here is the post in question, episodes 1-6 are in the first post and episode 7 is at the bottom. I have no shame, I read all of it and it seems legit.

No worries. It was a hoax:

The Redditor who posted the alleged spoilers and ending for "Breaking Bad" told The International Business Times in an emailed statement that the post was indeed fake and "started as a joke."

"I have to admit, the spoilers are not legitimate, except for the first episode, which was taken from another source," Redditor breakingbaaad, who identified himself in the email as Ben Dover, said. "It started out as a harmless joke and boredom. I decided to jot down a quick ending to Breaking Bad to show my friends so I could try to convince they I had obtained the spoilers...I decided to post them on Reddit to see if anyone would buy it, rather than tell my friends."

The Redditor continued on to note how quickly the fake spoilers spread on the social news site, adding, "At this point, I felt like an idiot for letting it go so far."

"I realized that this wasn't just a joke. What if some people had been turned off by the show due to my terrible spoilers? What if some people questioned the integrity of the Breaking Bad staff because they thought someone had leaked it?"

Dover also apologized to the creators of the show for his joke. "I'm really sorry to Vince [Gilligan] and all of the Breaking Bad team for my actions. I did enjoy writing the spoilers and predicting where the show would go, but the bottom line is that no one can match the writing talent of the Breaking bad Staff. It was just a dumb thing to do and I almost feel as though I lost my privilege to watch this awesome show. I would like to think they would forgive me but who knows?"

His summaries for #2-6 sounded credible because they mixed a few known facts with a lot of educated guessing. The summary for #7 was posted separately, but that's obvious BS too. Somehow it even leaves out Charlie Rose's guest appearance. There's also a hilarious summary for #8.

I love the "HEISENBERG IS READY TO KILL EVERYONE" part. It's simply hilarious.
I love the show but I hate its fanbase, it's a bunch of people who just want to see Walter being a badass and kill randomly. Thank God Gilligan is superior to that and will give the show a purposefully ending. I hope at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom