• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Opening Cinematic]

DS3_LOGO_TM.png

Enjoy the #DarkSouls3 opening cinematic - https://amp.twimg.com/v/ccefd1e7-2f3f-4a0d-81d8-63f7f291e661 Embrace the Darkness and pre-order today: http://bit.ly/1XcBdoK
https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/696710547081814016

Posted by the official Dark Souls twitter.

Check it out here. (youtube version)

(turn to ash if old)

Dawg

It isn't much different than the E3 trailer but the added narration changes the entire thing, for me. So good.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Am I going to have any idea what is going on in the game if I skipped DS1 & 2?

This'll be the first game in the series I'll be jumping into with at least a basic idea of what's going on (granted in the most basic of terms but whatever). That's pretty exciting!

cerulily

I'm glad to see they're going back to more distinctly characterizing the world's figureheads in the actual story, instead of the random bosses that were supposed to be "lords" in the 2nd game.

Maybe this will bode well for having an actually cohesive and coherent lore again.

takriel

... there's no need to refrain from watching this, is there?

It's a Souls intro, so whether you watch it now or on your first playthrough won't really matter I guess.

Whales

Banned
Am I going to have any idea what is going on in the game if I skipped DS1 & 2?

Most people have no ideas about what is going on in Dark 1 and 2 even after playing them.

If you wanna learn more i'd suggest you play them or just watch lore videos on youtube!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Most people have no ideas about what is going on in Dark 1 and 2 even after playing them.

If you wanna learn more i'd suggest you play them or just watch lore videos on youtube!

Are there any Lore videos that are particularly good?

usp84

I cant hear what the lady says because of the music.Can someone write what she says especially at the lords of cinder part?

So hyped!

Fuckin' siiiiiick.

It reminds me of the first Dark Souls opening. Introducing these badass gods and knights. You're already interested in this world.

FaintDeftone

Reminds me of the intro to the original, but not quite as cool.

Super pumped for this game though. The mention of the land being where the "lords meet" makes me wonder if we'll get some lore that connects all of these games together.

Sullichin

Is it me or does this story seem like a direct sequel to 1, pretending DS2 doesn't exist? References a lot of lore terms from DS1. Didn't notice anything from 2.

I guess DS2 is just the same story in a different setting kinda.

usp84

Is it me or does this story seem like a direct sequel to 1, pretending DS2 doesn't exist? References a lot of lore terms from DS1. Didn't notice anything from 2.

I guess DS2 is just the same story in a different setting kinda.

Did you not see the big Giant?

dugdug

Banned
Imagine this was your first Souls game. Like, what the hell is she even talking about?

"The Lord of Cinder will bring a new flame to link the ash of Lothric and..."

WHAT.

Henkka

Banned
Rad.

I really like that it introduces the world and some of the major bosses, like DS1. DS2 was really lacking in that regard, the intro had next to nothing to do with the game. It doesn't top DS1, though. Gwyn, Seath, Nito... That was some cool shit, felt really inspired.

Top Bottom