• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III [Opening Cinematic]

MadYarpen

I'm also a wee bit anxious to discover how sidesteps are implemented. Playing through Bloodborne NG+, I've come to realise just how much I adore the sidestep dodge. It's a thing of beauty and I don't think I can go back to only being able to roll.

IMO rolling is stupid. I really hope it is be done well.

Mman235

Another stream showcase of various weapon arts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttudwoxRy9E

It also seems like the Greatsword part shows the character fat rolling (one is around 7:10 but there might be something a little earlier), which is still pretty fast. Also it's kind of hard to tell what the Mace art is with no translation, based on how they use it it seems like a damage reduction ability or something?

. Also it's kind of hard to tell what the Mace art is with no translation, based on how they use it it seems like a damage reduction ability or something?

It gives you hyper armor/damage reduction for like 3 seconds. If you use it right before getting attacked, you'll tank a hit for little damage and then you can get in two hits of your own.

ironcreed

Banned
Another stream showcase of various weapon arts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttudwoxRy9E

It also seems like the Greatsword part shows the character fat rolling (one is around 7:10 but there might be something a little earlier), which is still pretty fast. Also it's kind of hard to tell what the Mace art is with no translation, based on how they use it it seems like a damage reduction ability or something?

The game looks amazing, but that footage is really framey. Hopefully it is smoothed out some when it releases.

Manu

I like how they compensate only small shields being able to parry with being able to riposte from a guard break.

Mman235

It gives you hyper armor/damage reduction for like 3 seconds. If you use it right before getting attacked, you'll tank a hit for little damage and then you can get in two hits of your own.

Thanks. Range has always been the weakness of the Mace, so this is an interesting way to buff it, especially if it's generally nerfed to not have OP damage against half the game like in Dark Souls 2.

Since you seemingly have the translation, does the special idle animation with the Long Sword art mean it can be charged up or something, or is it just to let you mind-game people in PVP?

The long sword art will shield break you if you try to block it. So yes, you can play mind games. The extra animation may also be there to ensure its not too OP.

There are separate charge attacks as well.

Top Bottom