• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4, is 720p without patch

Hattori

Banned
there's actually a 1080patch
lbTIsZ1.png

OK now we need to know if IW or Activision told reviewers this.

If they didn't - shame on them because it has led to websites saying that you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p because they thought they were looking at a 1080p game.

Then we have some sites saying that the PS4 version did look better and if that was at 720p then maybe that Xbox One upscaler isn't so fancy after all.

AssaTM

So uh, what if the PS4 version was in 720p when people were noticing fps drops? thatd sure be interesting, although I know not every build suffered from this problem of course, seems to potentially be retail copy specific

Proving reviews are a joke. Wow. This is the end of credibility to a lot of reviewers.

This is like as bad as reviewers not noticing Uncharted 3's controls...yikes at this industry.

so would this have happened if GAF didn't say anything?? like what in the fuck?!? reviews are already out.

my mind if full of fuck.

So this thread will be full of people apologizing to all those people who couldn't see a difference, right?

And to those who thought it looked sharper, lol.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
only three letters are needed for this debacle

f
f
s

whoever said "worst console launches in history" nailed it right on the head. Poor Sony and MS (although MS has dug part of their own grave with all of their PR FUD. They'd be better off just keeping quiet)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well OK, that finally makes sense.

Rather have 60fps patch.

EDIT: Online-only console generation. If you aren't online, you are fucked.
It is 60FPS. I really think the drops that people are reporting happen mostly during times where the game saves progress, wchih apparently happens on PC as well.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hah, I need to watch that IGN video review again.

"As you can see, the PS4 is a bit more crisp" (shows single player)

Frodo

OMG! ALL THE PEOPLE THAT JUMPED STRAIGHT AWAY AT POLYGON'S NECK!

This is absolutely amazing! I'm laughing out loud!

Top Bottom