• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daylight ready to scare your pants off on April 8

I was not interested until I read 3D. There's been a real lack of 3D gaming experiences, and I think it could have a ton of potential, even more so than movies, because you can actually measure the distance of a jump with depth perception etc.

GorillaJu

Yeah, I am genuinely sorry. I don't like to upset anyone, which is usually why I just don't say much on twitter. An angry moment and a cellphone together made me upset a lot of good people. Do I super duper love Mitch? Hell yes, I love all my friends, including arthur who gets repeatedly savaged on here. But i said something out of anger instead of thinking it through. Hopefully everyone here can remember moments in life where they've done the same thing and hear me now and realize, "hey, everyone makes mistakes." So yeah, to the people who missed the last apology: I AM SORRY, GAF.

Been a supporter and appreciator of your work for some time. Glad to hear it was just a rush of blood to the head, not your actual sentiment. Anyone can sympathize with someone who wants to protect their friends. <3

It's one thing to be called an asshole, it's another to be called an asshole by someone trying to sell you something.

If only Denis Dyack had apologised...

Is being a member on Gaf that big of a part of your identity that you actually got offended by that tongue in cheek comment ?

I'm sorry, but that's sad.

StuBurns

Banned
Is being a member on Gaf that big of a part of your identity that you actually got offended by that tongue in cheek comment ?

I'm not offended at all, I wouldn't have been offended if it was even directed literally at me. 'GAF' was right.

TyrantII

I'm not offended. There's plenty of assholes and ignoramuses at GAF.

I am offended that it implies there's nothing wrong with the terrible state of gaming Journalism media; and that they shouldn't be held accountable for the crap they peddle while trying to break into the real industry. The circle jerking with their peers making fun of their readers who are more in tune with the realities of what they're supposed to be covering is unfortunate, and unprofessional.

But hey, videyagames, serious business, right?

I don't know, honestly this whole asshole thing wouldn't have stopped me from buying the game.. But it is appreciated that he did come forward and apologize for it. I mean people can call me asshole all day long and 80% of the time I would agree with them. I mean EA has pretty much said FU to the gamers time and time again but most of us still give them money. If he didn't apologize, I probably wouldn't look at him in a favorable light but if the game is good then I would still buy it.

His apology just shows to his character. I don't feel like I was owed a apology but I'm not going deny it.

Cudder

Sooo, is this still coming out next week? I had no idea this was a 14.99 PSN title, I actually thought this was a full retail game. I haven't heard any updates about delays after they said April 8..

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Capture_zps12deb238.jpg

This anal asshole isn't buying your game.
I hadn't seen that before. Huh.

Hey people,

I didn't mean to make you all so mad. And for that I apologize. I made a flippant comment (hello, internet!) because I was pissed that people were ragging on mitch for such a silly remark he made. Like, why do people care so much about what he talks about with TVs? It was a moment of bitterness, a moment of weakness, and a silly thing to say. I'm sure most of you are great people. Some of you are my colleagues. Some of you are potential customers who, I hope, can forgive someone for having a moment like we've all had. Twitter makes it too easy to say something out of hand and have it become more important than you'd think. So again, NeoGAF, I apologize to all of you. No one forced me to do this. My employer didn't make me do this. I wanted to do this because I saw that I offended many of you, some of whom no doubt supported me during my lowest days of unemployment after layoffs, etc. It is unfair to group together all of you when it's really only some of you who sometimes say unnecessarily mean remarks to my friends, etc. Can you forgive someone for a fault, NeoGAF? I hope so.
All good.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
He is literally insulting his potential customer base. Why would you give him monies?

Ok. That was awesome.

I'm buying it because he is right. We all are anal asshats.

I like the guy. Not gonna let one comment get to me when he's given me years of entertainment for free.

Ashtar

Hey people,

I didn't mean to make you all so mad. And for that I apologize. I made a flippant comment (hello, internet!) because I was pissed that people were ragging on mitch for such a silly remark he made. Like, why do people care so much about what he talks about with TVs? It was a moment of bitterness, a moment of weakness, and a silly thing to say. I'm sure most of you are great people. Some of you are my colleagues. Some of you are potential customers who, I hope, can forgive someone for having a moment like we've all had. Twitter makes it too easy to say something out of hand and have it become more important than you'd think. So again, NeoGAF, I apologize to all of you. No one forced me to do this. My employer didn't make me do this. I wanted to do this because I saw that I offended many of you, some of whom no doubt supported me during my lowest days of unemployment after layoffs, etc. It is unfair to group together all of you when it's really only some of you who sometimes say unnecessarily mean remarks to my friends, etc. Can you forgive someone for a fault, NeoGAF? I hope so.
notsureifserious.jpg

Edit: still not entirely sure what the heck is going on here, anyway if daylight is good I'll get it if not then eh

I'm hoping for a bit 'slower', atmospheric FPS horror game than, say, Outlast.

That game got frantic with all the running/hiding and stressed me the hell out. I had to drink a couple scotch drinks just to get back to my happy place.

Top Bottom