• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone details, No Multiplayer, Dynamic day/night cycle, plus more

SSReborn

I do not understand the hype for this game. It looks like State of Decay 2 without basebuilding/coop, or Dead Rising 4 without the wackiness.
This just looks bland.
I don't think like we've seen enough to make a judgement either way only thing I gathered is its probably more story driven then the latter two.

Sounds good. I hope they have a cute Alpha and Beta so some gamers can help them out with what needs to be fixed before the release. I have a feeling that it will be a good game. I like the SP aspect since k think we have enough MP focused zombie games (SD2, Day Z, H1Z1, etc etc) so it's not quite the TLOU that it was being compared to after all. Also, I love that it's third person. Feels like other SP zombie games are all FP.

KZObsessed

Everything they're saying there is absolutely perfect.

They just need to improve the shooting mechanics and I'm all in.

UrbanRats

Ok, now that i know that it is open world, i'm interested.

I still wish you had character creation, instead of having to go through yet another (likely) mediocre videogame story, having to use this guy which doesn't seem that interesting.

I feel this post isn't serious.

I don't think it is either.

You put to much faith in this place don't be so sure lol

Really? I'd rather have fully fleshed out SP content than MP I'm never gonna play
I hid the explanation for my post in the Edit Reason field, though only one person noticed that. Probably should have done the more obvious spoilered "/s".

It's my annoyance about people bitching about multiplayer only games not having singleplayer yet being fine with singleplayer games not having multiplayer.

Warewolf

Oh man,

That interview is pretty hype personally.

I had such a hard-on for the moments in The Last of Us that were just Ellie and Joel travelling through the city in a truck or a car. Just that solemn, trudging yet hopeful journey. I wished it was a bigger part of the game, I would have loved a sequence where you simply drove for 20 minutes experiencing the scenery and the sense of space.

Days Gone potentially revolving around the relationship someone in that situation has with their mode of transport is ultra compelling to me and we haven't had much like it in the past. I mean if it's done right that Survival Bike should be his modern counterpart in that same horse/rider relationship we get from something like Shadow of the Colossus or Witcher III.

And by the sounds of their team having a biker contingent and the looks of both the bikes in the trailer they definitely dove deep on the details there.

Fingers crossed. I really loved aspects of the Syphon Filter games and Vita Uncharted is no where near appreciated enough.

Quoting my thoughts from the other thread, this could be really something.

Rembrandt

Banned
eh. cautiously optimistic. the demo was terrible to me and seemed more of a showcase of density (which wasn't that great considering their reactions to each other) instead of a showcase of what the game truly is. will keep my eye on future previews though.

Kouichi

Damn that all sounds amazing. It looked great at the conference so these new details have definitely put it on my watch list.

Sounds great but the demo looked rough imo, like the gun and animations were kinda bad. But I won't be too worried because they still have plenty of time to fix those things.

Summary from 3rdamention

* It was huge for their studio to be right up there on stage, getting prime focus, along with all of Sony's other big studios. It showed them how much Sony believes in their product. It meant a lot to them.
Really love this line here, shows how much faith Sony will give to a dev. Plus like they said it's gotta mean the world to them.

I'm still curious as to what it is though.

I hid the explanation for my post in the Edit Reason field, though only one person noticed that. Probably should have done the more obvious spoilered "/s".

It's my annoyance about people bitching about multiplayer only games not having singleplayer yet being fine with singleplayer games not having multiplayer.
Damn you got me lol.

Jigorath

Banned
I didn't like how easily the zombies were mowed down, but they have just made it easier for the purposes of the demo. I enjoyed what I saw, and I have a lot of faith in Bend.

Also, was this Dead Don't Ride or is that another game?

See, this sounds great. I wish the demo had actually tried to convey that broad variety instead of focusing on dumping rounds into zombies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
eh. cautiously optimistic. the demo was terrible to me and seemed more of a showcase of density (which wasn't that great considering their reactions to each other) instead of a showcase of what the game truly is. will keep my eye on future previews though.

It was fairly obvious to me what they were trying to show off and how the game played even with things like damage and ammo tweaked for the stage demo. Terrible? Damn hyperbole much?

Edit: I hope we can put chainsaws on the handle bars of our bike and just drive through zombie hordes ala Dead Rising.

latest

sjay1994

I feel like it was a poor decision on sony's part to close with this game. Asides from the impressive World War Z zombie stacking tech, the actual game looks kinda meh. Shooting looks flaccid and the Biker theme reminds me too much of Ride to Hell.

boingball

No multiplayer? That's a plus.

I wonder whether they can create an interesting story, Zombies alone are not enough to make the story interesting, there are too many Zombie comics/movies/tv series/games/... out there for that.

And they need to clean up the intelligence of the Zombie Horde, it shouldn't be possible to just run through it. Obviously the demo was an early dev build, so there is time to clean that up. For an early build the graphics and the zombie horde looked already great.

thelastword

Banned
Shame about the no multiplayer part, gsmeplay seemed to fit the formula.

Hopefully it's strong narratively.

No multiplayer? Well they better not charge $60 for it then. It's lacking content without multiplayer.
Looks to be strong narratively, lots of hunting and crafting. So singleplayer seems to be quite involved and deep for a zombie game, so I really think they should focus on SP for a 100 man team. I also don't see how world warz levels of zombies would fit in for MP, maybe a horde mode I imagine, but that has been done in mostly every zombie game where the SP was not as deep as this one.

I really think they should focus on doing the best SP they can, maybe the sequel can get an MP mode if all goes well.

Hey Sony Bend, is your game going to be on PC?

wut

Kudos to them for focusing squarely on single player. I feel like they easily could've shoehorned in some multiplayer aspect as an afterthought.

Rembrandt

Banned
It was fairly obvious to me what they were trying to show off and how the game played even with things like damage and ammo tweaked for the stage demo. Terrible? Damn hyperbole much?

Edit: I hope we can put chainsaws on the handle bars of our bike and just drive through zombie hordes ala Dead Rising.

latest

and it didn't show off anything beside horde density and certain objects affected by weight. it was a boring and bad demo, imo. the zombies posed no threat in it considering the ease he was able to kill them all. they shouldn't have had unlimited ammo and invincibility on then.

but no, i honestly feel like it was one of the worst, if not the worst demo, at E3 this year.

This is my most anticipated game at the E3 conference other than Horizon. I understand it's not for everyone but TPS zombie game with a biker theme gets me giddy just thinking about it.

(And Persona 5, if you count Igor in the sizzle reel).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
and it didn't show off anything beside horde density and certain objects affected by weight. it was a boring and bad demo, imo. the zombies posed no threat in it considering the ease he was able to kill them all. they shouldn't have had unlimited ammo and invincibility on then.

but no, i honestly feel like it was one of the worst, if not the worst demo, at E3 this year.

Yes because what we want to see is the guy restarting the level everytime he's overwhelmed by the horde. That surely would work in a heavily scripted 1 hour long conference with a live orchestra playing along.

Also its quite easy to see how using the environment, the items found in it as well as being able to navigate it properly to funnel the hordes into choke points was all straight forward obvious to me. Yeah there was shooting but it was often directly related to the fact that you have to manage the horde or be overwhelmed. Even things like the environment reacting as bridges collapse under the weight of all the zombies and so on.

I haven't seen a horde style zombie gameplay like this since Left 4 Dead 2 and mechanically this looks far more interesting. Also this was the worst demo? Man watch that live demo of FF XV or Scalebound if you want to see a bad demo.

eso76

I thought the demo looked very interesting, and I really like what I'm hearing.
Can't understand the negativity especially considering the game is probably like one year away.

Rembrandt

Banned
Yes because what we want to see is the guy restarting the level everytime he's overwhelmed by the horde. That surely would work in a heavily scripted 1 hour long conference with a live orchestra playing along.

Also its quite easy to see how using the environment, the items found in it as well as being able to navigate it properly to funnel the hordes into choke points was all straight forward obvious to me. Yeah there was shooting but it was often directly related to the fact that you have to manage the horde or be overwhelmed. Even things like the environment reacting as bridges collapse under the weight of all the zombies and so on.

I haven't seen a horde style zombie gameplay like this since Left 4 Dead 2 and mechanically this looks far more interesting. Also this was the worst demo? Man watch that live demo of FF XV or Scalebound if you want to see a bad demo.

i honestly don't care. this just looked bad to me. opinions differ. i wasn't excited. i wasn't interested. i said "cool, that's a bunch of zombies" and then got disinterested when i saw how they react to each other and how boring the overall demo was. I'm not even interested in FF and I think Platinum is overrated so neither of their demos seem attractive to me in the first place.

Top Bottom