• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone Previews

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This game seems to have some brutal kills.

VlJhXcF.gif

Dude, it has Sony on it. Meta 80+ automatically, so chill please.

I'm not saying this to you in particular but people need stop giving a shit about metacritic scores.

Spider-Man was sub 90 and it had way better boss battles and more diverse gameplay (that was actually fun) than God of War with a narrative and production values that rivals or sometimes surpasses either of those two. Heck I would argue that Spider-Man and DMC5 are both better overall than REmake2 and both were sub 90 metacritic score where REmake 2 scored 90.

I'm not saying this to you in particular but people need stop giving a shit about metacritic scores.

Spider-Man was sub 90 and it had way better boss battles and more diverse gameplay (that was actually fun) than God of War with a narrative and production values that rivals or sometimes surpasses either of those two. Heck I would argue that Spider-Man and DMC5 are both better overall than REmake2 and both were sub 90 metacritic score where REmake 2 scored 90.

Personally I feel that Spiderman was an extremely repetitive 6/10 game and the only thing good about it was the swinging, graphics and environment. Not even close to GoW.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Dude, it has Sony on it. Meta 80+ automatically, so chill please.

Do you wake up and shitpost Sony threads with a simple alarm clock or do you have a script setup filtering content that allows you not to waste time unless the game is good and really needs some baseless conspiracy crap thrown at it?

Admire the commitment though... will wait for the inevitable crocodile tears when someone does not limit oneself to pure hype and joy in what you perceive to be an Xbox thread... ;).

Last edited:

Jay_TCE

Neo Member
This was really high on my radar a few years ago. Dropped off due to constant delays.

Actually surprised the marketing doesn't seem to be that strong for this game, I have seen way heavier promo for Anthem/Division 2/Resi 2 etc etc over the past couple months. I am hoping for a hit but I am staying cautious.
I'll take delays over an unfinished/rushed product.

Virex

Banned
Can't wait till Friday. Been looking forward to playing it since it was announced and now it's finally almost here.

Personally I feel that Spiderman was an extremely repetitive 6/10 game and the only thing good about it was the swinging, graphics and environment. Not even close to GoW.

Agree to disagree. Repetitive? In God of War you just row a freaking boat telling stories during nearly a 1/4th of the game. You either walk around on foot or row around until the gate fast travel is unlocked which doesn't happen until after the halfway point in the game's main storyline.

Boss battles? God of War blows it's load on the opening battle with Baldyr and nothing else reaches the same height and there's nowhere near the diversity of Spider-Man. In God of War you get the brothers and the dragon, that's about it for major boss battles other than the ogre with the giant slab of rock that gets recycled.
Even the end game fight with Baldyr is not as good as the first.

In Spider- Man you get
The shocker, tombstone, electro and vulture dual battle, rhino and scorpion battle, martin li, and doc oc
each with their own awesome set piece.

Spider-Man also has a wide array of decent puzzles, gameplay varierty of traversal with the challenging taskmaster challenges, the
MJ and Miles and Morales stealth sections where the Miles ones are especially good.
Normal enemies that constantly change throughout the game.

Acidizer

Banned
Gotta say... this looks way better than I thought it would. Actually quite hyped.

The graphics are really lovely... but the bike physics especially are impressing me. They don't look heavy dumbed down and lifeless like GTAV, I think it will be fun.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Do you wake up and shitpost Sony threads with a simple alarm clock or do you have a script setup filtering content that allows you not to waste time unless the game is good and really needs some baseless conspiracy crap thrown at it?

Admire the commitment though... will wait for the inevitable crocodile tears when someone does not limit oneself to pure hype and joy in what you perceive to be an Xbox thread... ;).

I'm not for or against platform brands. I read and write in general about gaming because I'm interested in that no matter the platform.

Do you do the same?

Hanon

Banned
a little offtopic, but what was bend studio doing during the ps3 era. they skipped it entirely for making games for the psp/vita

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I do read about and are interested in multiple brands, but nice deflection. Going to contribute to the thread at hand?

I'm the one holding myself on the subject. You are just attacking the messenger because you don't agree with the delivery.

And I tend to keep on the subject. If you want to derail from the thread then please by all means PM me instead.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm not for or against platform brands. I read and write in general about gaming because I'm interested in that no matter the platform.

Do you do the same?

The_Mike said:
If Xbox One has God of War and other PS4 exclusives I have a feeling they would get mediocre scores and not be system sellers.

But hey, maybe I’m just biased.

Thread title: NeoGafs most disappointing game of 2018

The_Mike said:
<insert any first party Microsoft title on SonyGAF >

On a more serious note, battlefield V. Sweden’s view of the Second World War disgusts me.

The_Mike said:
This isn’t looking good, sorry to say. I’m still gonna play the shit out of it, mind you, but damn if Microsoft doesn’t need some talent management people.

It’s got 74 Metacritic written all over it.

Not everyone gets a free pass like Sony.

We know what you were trying to do here.

You're negative toward Sony exclusives, you complain that if an Xbox game had a Sony sticker on it, it would receive higher review scores.

You're a fanboy and everyone can see it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm the one holding myself on the subject. You are just attacking the messenger because you don't agree with the delivery.

And I tend to keep on the subject. If you want to derail from the thread then please by all means PM me instead.

I do not mind positive or critical comments... a one-liner like "Sony buys the reviews!!! All rigged... trolololol" is not holding yourself on the subject. In theory, trolling deals with the subject matter somewhat too, if we want to play this card...

Gamernyc78

Banned
Thread title: NeoGafs most disappointing game of 2018

We know what you were trying to do here.

You're negative toward Sony exclusives, you complain that if an Xbox game had a Sony sticker on it, it would receive higher review scores.

You're a fanboy and everyone can see it.

Instead of attacking Sony he should be telling his favorite company to "get gud" at making games or at least funding ones tht push some type of quality.

Ulysses 31

I watched that video and I've to say, honestly, this doesn't look and sound so special at all. Most of the stuff are things that you would more or less expect from a apocalyptical open world survival game in 2019 while some other things, like melee animations are downright bad if you ask me. No offense meant and I certainly hope I'll be proven wrong here, but so far I remain neutral. Will wait for reviews.
Same here, and a character that narrates nearly everything he does and what to do next(like other TPS games on the same platform)...

The chief editor at Swedens largest gaming site Gamereactor posted a blog post about when the review will be published. He ended the post with "Its a good game"

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
The chief editor at Swedens largest gaming site Gamereactor posted a blog post about when the review will be published. He ended the post with "Its a good game"

Happy to hear. Seems like everytime Sony comes out with something you get an avalanche of naysayers/trolls smh waiting in desperation for a mistep. Don't get me wrong if Sony had a history of mediocre ips like some others, it would be cool but Sony has more than earned the benefit of the doubt. Can't wait for the trolls to stfu and move on to the next like they did with Horizon, Gow, etc...

Dlacy13g

Days Gone Thunderstorm Weather Sounds

For people that just love the sound of a thunderstorm.

So love the thunder storm sounds.... but I have to ask... during that whole clip you hear the rain coming down pretty hard and yet you barely see rain on screen... puddles finally are on the ground about mid way through but most remarkably your character seems to be 100% dry through the whole thing. Am I missing something or was this maybe a glitch?

Krakin

You've been exposed, brah. Just give it a rest.

Dabaus

Banned
People keep comparing this to The Last of us 2 and the comparisons are warrented, but what if sony feels like Red Dead 2 is a better comparison and want in on that pie? It would explain why theyre going all out for the marketing and maybe they feel confidant the game is good as well? Just a thought.

Happy to hear. Seems like everytime Sony comes out with something you get an avalanche of naysayers/trolls smh waiting in desperation for a mistep. Don't get me wrong if Sony had a history of mediocre ips like some others, it would be cool but Sony has more than earned the benefit of the doubt. Can't wait for the trolls to stfu and move on to the next like they did with Horizon, Gow, etc...

Well they did at the begining of the gen. Killzone, Knack, Infamous, The Order.

Bikers feel a bit boring to me, but if it's a good sandbox game I'll definitely buy it. Sometimes I wonder why so much effort is used on story. Often I imagine having a barebones one or procedurally generated characters that function in the story would be the best for some games. And also having a character creator. Would love a sandbox game like that. Something moving closer to things like Dwarf Fortress.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Well they did at the begining of the gen. Killzone, Knack, Infamous, The Order.

Infamous nor killzone were mediocre lol Infamous was an 80, I think you need to look up what mediocre is but I guess you tried to make your list longer. Furthermore we all know how beginning of the gen usually goes, no one expects much in the beginning. we are un 2019 in any case and while others companies are still stuck in mediocrity Sony has had Goty games and many 80 plus meta games so why are you bringing up the beginning of the gen? 🤔 Sony has earned the benefit of the doubt my comment still stands. Exceptions to the rule are just tht exceptions. Sony has a Rich history of quality ips with a few exceptions.

Last edited:

Dunki

This game seems to have some brutal kills.

VlJhXcF.gif
Sadly you will never see this high quality with nudity on Playstation. Every form of violence can be as brutal as fuck but boobs? HELL NO.

Anyway yeah it looks interesting and it pains me even more now that I will never be able to play it.

mckmas8808

Damn i haven't finished RDR2 yet

Me either. :(

Sadly you will never see this high quality with nudity on Playstation. Every form of violence can be as brutal as fuck but boobs? HELL NO.

Anyway yeah it looks interesting and it pains me even more now that I will never be able to play it.

What are you talking about? You are allowed to play it. Or did your PS4 break?

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

Who really cares about seeing some fake boobs anyway? If any ones blame for Sony stances on nudity it's the sick fucks who sexualise girls who look like children it's sick.

Dunki

Me either. :(

What are you talking about? You are allowed to play it. Or did your PS4 break?
I am boycotting Sony because of their draconian censorship policy. Already canceled my pre order for Judgement and and Days Gone. My morals and standards regarding censorship makes me not be able to support this company anymore. And yes this is my own decision and it is probably stupid to many others but this is what I set my mind to.

mckmas8808

I am boycotting Sony because of their draconian censorship policy. Already canceled my pre order for Judgement and and Days Gone. My morals and standards regarding censorship makes me not be able to support this company anymore. And yes this is my own decision and it is probably stupid to many others but this is what I set my mind to.

WOW! :messenger_dizzy:

Top Bottom