• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead of Alive Xtreme 3 video - Honoka trailer, volleyball gameplay, rock climbing

These do nothing for me. Her face just kills it for me. - and I find her hair colour and style repulsive.

Marie Rose has the same face, but her blonde colour, twintails and uniquely intricate costumes hide the butterface.

Butterface can be good enough tho

Ayane trailer had better suits

The volleyball camera seems way too twitchy.

Also owner mode rock climbing is kimoi.

It starting from directly behind the girls every point is going to get old really fast. Actually, I'm already tired of it.

It's interesting that the game seems to clearly show you the relationships with the girls improving after the match.

Also, you seem to get a shitton of cash for playing. A 7-0 in 1 was 150k plus however many 1k and 2k bonuses. I didn't play 2, so maybe the amounts were adjusted there, but it seems like there won't be any cash shortages in this game

Synth

It starting from directly behind the girls every point is going to get old really fast. Actually, I'm already tired of it.

It's interesting that the game seems to clearly show you the relationships with the girls improving after the match.

Also, you seem to get a shitton of cash for playing. A 7-0 in 1 was 150k plus however many 1k and 2k bonuses. I didn't play 2, so maybe the amounts were adjusted there, but it seems like there won't be any cash shortages in this game

150k plus bonuses is what the original game paid out. I believe DOAX2 was initially the same, but had the value increased with the patch that prevented the sign-out glitch. If the gifting is anything like how it was in DOAX2, that 150k isn't going to feel very generous at all.

EDIT: Just realised you were talking about DOAX1 and not this video. 300k+ seems to match the adjusted payout from DOAX2 as far as I can remember. It'll make buying outfits quicker, but unless there's some consistency to the behaviour of the receiver like in the first game, it'll still likely take far longer to complete a set.

150k plus bonuses is what the original game paid out. I believe DOAX2 was initially the same, but had the value increased with the patch that prevented the sign-out glitch. If the gifting is anything like how it was in DOAX2, that 150k isn't going to feel very generous at all.

EDIT: Just realised you were talking about DOAX1 and not this video. 300k+ seems to match the adjusted payout from DOAX2 as far as I can remember. It'll make buying outfits quicker, but unless there's some consistency to the behaviour of the receiver like in the first game, it'll still likely take far longer to complete a set.

Wait, wut? They randomized the reception rates in 2? Shit was already abysmal in 1 . . .

did the god hand rumor ever amount to anything? lol

Synth

Wait, wut? They randomized the reception rates in 2? Shit was already abysmal in 1 . . .

did the god hand rumor ever amount to anything? lol

Nope, god hand never amounted to anything. Itagaki's a damn liar, lol.

Yea, in DOAX2 the gifting is entirely random. It may get accepted on the 1st attempt (you wish, lol) or it may still not be accepted on the 16th attempt. Unlike DOAX1 there was no reverse gifting mechanic that you could use to force the suit onto your chosen character. It's brutal, brutal stuff.

Mediking

03cc7e2609.gif

26f0d43cef.gif

2236e066bb.gif

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, god hand never amounted to anything. Itagaki's a damn liar, lol.

Yea, in DOAX2 the gifting is entirely random. It may get accepted on the 1st attempt (you wish, lol) or it may still not be accepted on the 16th attempt. Unlike DOAX1 there was no reverse gifting mechanic that you could use to force the suit onto your chosen character. It's brutal, brutal stuff.

ouch on both fronts

but at least 2 had the money glitch

. . . it needs to be next week already

Synth

ouch on both fronts

but at least 2 had the money glitch

. . . it needs to be next week already

The sign-out glitch wasn't just useful for making money actually. You could also use it to "save" a gift that had been rejected. Sign out at the correct time and you'd be back at the time slot before you attempted to gift it. Because the gifting was completely random, you had just as much chance re-gifting it this way, as you would any other timeslot (after paying to have it rewrapped and getting the girl's hearts back up).

The sign-out glitch wasn't just useful for making money actually. You could also use it to "save" a gift that had been rejected. Sign out at the correct time and you'd be back at the time slot before you attempted to gift it. Because the gifting was completely random, you had just as much chance re-gifting it this way, as you would any other timeslot (after paying to have it rewrapped and getting the girl's hearts back up).

so 2 was actually incredibly easy if you used the glitch? no sympathy from me then

1 was still brutal, i'll always hate that i never 100%'d that game lol, unreasonable as it would be to do

Synth

so 2 was actually incredibly easy if you used the glitch? no sympathy from me then

1 was still brutal, i'll always hate that i never 100%'d that game lol, unreasonable as it would be to do

Yea, X2 could be done pretty quick by comparison if you were willing to glitch your way through. If X3 is the same X2 post-patch tho... may god help us all. You could probably beat 100% X1 twice or more before finishing X2 legitimately. X2 was pretty much a pioneer in putting f2p level macrotransactions into a retail game.

Curious what you mean by "completely random"? Because I remember scouring FAQs of the girls' favourite trinkets to gift them to get their music note happiness level up high enough to give me a good chance of a skimpy suit being accepted. If you mean there was always a RNG element to whether gifting would succeed or not, then yeah, but that chance was basically zero if you hadn't buttered the girl up at least somewhat before the attempt.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
Honoka has like no ass, gross. Bottom tier girl for me, her face looks awkward on that body too. At least Marie's face matches her style.

Yea, X2 could be done pretty quick by comparison if you were willing to glitch your way through. If X3 is the same X2 post-patch tho... may god help us all. You could probably beat 100% X1 twice or more before finishing X2 legitimately. X2 was pretty much a pioneer in putting f2p level macrotransactions into a retail game.

that's uhhh . . . worrying. the first game would prob need at least 500 hours, though 700-800 is more likely. the second needing twice . . . well, let's hope this game is more like 1 and less like 2

Synth

Curious what you mean by "completely random"? Because I remember scouring FAQs of the girls' favourite trinkets to gift them to get their music note happiness level up high enough to give me a good chance of a skimpy suit being accepted. If you mean there was always a RNG element to whether gifting would succeed or not, then yeah, but that chance was basically zero if you hadn't buttered the girl up at least somewhat before the attempt.

Yea, sorry I wasn't all that clear. I meant at the high end, when a girl is actually willing to at least open your gifts, a suit she hates had a consistently low chance of success. So let's say she has a 1 in 15 chance of accepting it, this would still be the case if you'd already had 14 failed attempts, which could lead to some soul-crushing failure streaks.

This was also basically the case for the original game, but there was one clear, and very important difference. The characters would retain more of a "memory" of past vacations, even if they were being controlled by you at the time. So if you were playing as Lisa and were habitually attempting to gift Ayane the Venus, then if you switch over to playing as Ayane, Lisa would still be attempting to gift you the Venus when the AI played as her (assuming you're not now pissing in her cereal).. but now you're in control of Ayane and can happily accept it! It was pretty much the only thing that made a full completion even remotely feasible, so it being removed in X2 was a huge kick in the nuts. If X3 lacks the reverse gifting from X1, and the exploits from X2, then it's about to become the single most frustrating platinum trophy on PSN lol.

that's uhhh . . . worrying. the first game would prob need at least 500 hours, though 700-800 is more likely. the second needing twice . . . well, let's hope this game is more like 1 and less like 2

I was around 500 hours in X2, and I think I only had maybe 4 characters completed. I may not have been very efficient early on though. Having played some of X1 again recently, I'm confident that I'd be able to finish it in under 400 hours if I were willing to try (I'm not, lol).

I was around 500 hours in X2, and I think I only had maybe 4 characters completed. I may not have been very efficient early on though. Having played some of X1 again recently, I'm confident that I'd be able to finish it in under 400 hours if I were willing to try (I'm not, lol).

yea, best to save that for 3

check your pms

Chastten

Banned
Using the signout glitch I think I spend between 150 to 200 hours in DoAX2 to 1000/1000 it. That includes all the outfits, obviously.

When not using the signout glitch or real money, I'm fairly certain it would've been a +1000 hour affair. Judging by the microtransactions, DoAX3 will be the same. Sooo... if there's no glitch this time, good luck to everyone who doesn't wanna spend real money on it. You'll need it :p

Betty

Banned
Using the signout glitch I think I spend between 150 to 200 hours in DoAX2 to 1000/1000 it. That includes all the outfits, obviously.

When not using the signout glitch or real money, I'm fairly certain it would've been a +1000 hour affair. Judging by the microtransactions, DoAX3 will be the same. Sooo... if there's no glitch this time, good luck to everyone who doesn't wanna spend real money on it. You'll need it :p

Took long enough just to get all of Kasumi's outfits in DOA2 using that glitch, I hope there's a faster way this time.

Banned
I've never played DOAX2 but I'm going to assume this will have the same amount, if not more grinding than it.

Top Bottom