• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

s3LvLQT.jpg

Welcome. Boobs. Got that out of the way. Feel free to take off your clothes as you wish.

Official Trailer

PS3 vs. Vita Features Comparison

PSN DOA-GAF

PM me or post your ID in this thread to get added to the list. When sending a friend request, please add a note that you're from GAF.

Left = GAF username, Right = PSN ID

Leona Lewis: librasox
Azuardo: Azuardo
DR2K: OnslaughtDR2K
TheSeks: Sekoku
Lyte Edge: lyteedge2
JakkuFurosu: JakkuFurosu
PartTimeWarrior: Yoko337
lazybones18: Lazykarl24
PAULINK: Paulink
Ohnonono: Fizipop
Ainaurdur: Celethalion
Solstice: SolsticeZero
Shinriji: Shinriji
omg_mjd: omg_mjd
ShinUltramanJ: ShinultramanJ
Jill Sandwich: JillSandwichOMG
Skilletor: Skillzilla81
Nekobo: Nekobo1
matmanx1: matmanx1
Gamespawn: Gamespawn
That Dude John: AeonisAlister
Yopis: kincade
akhi216: akhi216
gameongreggy: schwall
suikodan: Suikodan

Reviews

Famitsu - 35/40

Nice, fun boobs. I liked them. The game is merely adequate. Praise be to Hayashi.

IGN - 8.8

Much like Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, this is a textbook example of a fighting game port done properly. Dead or Alive 5 Plus is the genuine article, matching and occasionally surpassing its excellent console brethren in nearly every regard.

Destructoid - 8/10

Play control is never hampered by the more cramped constraints of the small button layout, graphics aren't sacrificed on the smaller screen, and just about everything from the feature-rich home version is included here, with a few noticeable exceptions.

NowGamer - 4/5

Dead Or Alive 5+ is our favourite version of Tecmo Koei’s fighter, just because the nature of the game lends itself to quick bursts of playing rather than long extended sessions. It’s one of the best-looking games on Vita and it’s definitely one of the most fun.

Gaming-Age - B+

If you must have a portable version of DOA 5 then you won't be disappointed here, but if you are satisfied with playing at home, then the minor additions in DOA 5 Plus may not be enough for a purchase.

More coming soon!

New Features

• Cross Platform Almost-Everything

Online cross-play lets you fight matches with both Vita and PS3 players. Cross Goods lets you use any purchased Vita DLC on the PS3 (and vice-versa). Cross Save lets you share and sync data between the PS3 and Vita versions.

• Touch Fight

Tap, pinch, and swipe to strike your opponent (in first-person too!). Yeah.

• Tutorial Mode

Expanded "lessons" teach new moves and strategies, and you're then put to the test with short "missions" - rinse and repeat.

• Combo Challenge

Choose your favorite character, and practice their most important moves and combos. You're given a series of commands and have to input them successfully in order to complete each challenge.

• More Detailed Move Info

Move details give you way more information than the console versions, such as distance, reach, height, follow-up interval, stagger recover, etc. A win for competitive play.

• Music Customization

Now you can give each character their own custom background song - song selection is no longer based on the stage. Replace the game's shitty soundtrack with some of the series highlights.

Screenshots

Characters - Who's your fighter?

iRxZ86e3muYWJ.png

Thanks for the graphic, Pupi18!

It's worth noting that the demo (said to be coming sometime around release day) is a jam-packed embarrassment of riches, featuring four characters (Kasumi, Hayabusa, Eliot, Tina), eight stages, arcade mode, training mode, and online cross-play. You can even unlock the DOA5+ exclusive Hayabusa costume for PS3 using cross-save with the demo alone (did I mention sexy skin-tight exclusive costumes yet?). Not only that, but all of your progress automatically carries over into the full game should you choose to purchase it.

Just make sure you buy the game though, or else you'll make Hayashi cry.

Z3BNcy5.png

And don't forget to check out the DOA5 thread for half a year's worth of grap3fruitman's violent rants, among other community musings.

Hope to see you all in the lobbies!
Sorry, no lobbies in the Vita version.

i9zQIyCQmkXCy.gif
i9zQIyCQmkXCy.gif

DR2K

Banned
Unless there's some new content (aka characters) that haven't been revealed yet, I'll be passing on this version.

You get exclusive costumes(that you can transfer via PS3), no new characters since it's crossplay and all.

The trial combo mode and seperate tutorial mode from story are going to help players up their game big time.

Moonlight

Banned
Didn't bite on DoA5, but the reduced price, added features, and portability are seriously wooing me.

I really, really like Mila's design, too.

ZeroAKA

I'm kind of interested, but I'll need the demo to sell me on it. It's a shame about all of the removed features though...

Great OT, OP!

It really seems like we can only count on the Japanese to deliver when it comes to boobage and sexploitation in games nowadays. Never change Japan.

Western devs have been neutered in this department. Fucking game reviewers making God of War devs cower and tremble over a fucking trophy name, and CD taking out key scenes in the new Tomb Raider are examples, amongst others.

Grabbing the PS3 version here.

EDIT:- OP, you're not really Leona Lewis from that 'My Hands' FFXIII song are you?

Skyzard

Banned
All these fighting games taking over my memory card space. Need more racing to balance it out.

I remember usually playing the main girl, Kasumi on dreamcast, was there also a main guy as well? I don't remember it being the ninja..maybe Hayate...nah more agile...

Bah no Ein, no buy.

3107246945_1_5_vLM0rm9T.jpg
Dat fishnet tank. How very turn-of-the-millennium.

Cross your eyes for the full Tina effect, by the way. Tell me she doesn't pop.

I remember usually playing the main girl, Kasumi on dreamcast, was there also a main guy as well? I don't remember it being the ninja..maybe Hayate.
I'd wager that the main ninja is Ryu Hayabusa, star (?) of the Ninja Gaiden series.

dreamfall

Most dope OT!

Day 1. Really excited to finally have some DOA5 on the go, don't have my PS3 out here so it'll be a Godsend!

Good to see that the "virtua figthers" made it. The cover is slightly different too, with Kasumi wearing her alt-costume.

Shame they're using that awful, early days blu-ray esqe blade nonsense for the cover. They did the same with Sigma 2 and it's really distracting and ugly.

Can't wait for this, looks great and I love me some DoA5. Spent a good 20 hours with Dimensions and given how much I enjoyed 5 this should easily surpass it.

Skyzard

Banned
I'd wager that the main ninja is Ryu Hayabusa, star (?) of the Ninja Gaiden series.

The ninja does look a lot like him. I just looked up Ein that was mentioned and he's the guy I was referring to, apparently he is now Hayate... :S an alternate persona or something.

I was looking at an old small picture of Hayate earlier, looks much more like I remember him in DoA 5, nvm! :)

I'd buy two copies if they added Leon. (Or just purchase him for the PS3 version.)
If nothing else were added, I'd still buy it for the new soundtrack options alone. I was hoping they'd rip off Tekken Tunes, and that's exactly what they did.

If they're smart, they ponied up some cash to get Aerosmith again.

This is the best OT I've ever seen, straight to the *point* haha!

At any rate, if I had a Vita, this is what I'd get for it. I've enjoyed Dimensions on the 3DS, but somehow don't feel like a full console for a fighting game. Not really sure why, but eh. It's something that'll go on my "If I get a Vita" list. Which is currently comprised of...
This game.

Do we know if trophies unlock once you've transferred progress between versions? If so, that might be enough to entice me to go for the 1000 online games trophy.

Skyzard

Banned
Dat sideboob. Clearly an unrealistic and unnecessary objectification of the fairer sex.

Deceptive phrase imo, especially for younger ones. And that screenshot wouldn't be much without the sideboob either :p Only time the strong DOF is acceptable.

Ainaurdur

New thread smell of a game that LL convinced me to buy on PSN. ;)

Will be my first DOA, oddly enough. The Vita has done things to me. Looking forward to discovering who my character will be.
Just from appearances, I am leaning Christie.

RyudBoy

Don't have any interest in the Vita version but just thought I'd chime in to commend you on the brilliant title. Well done lol.

Top Bottom