• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

Squire

Banned
New thread smell of a game that LL convinced me to buy on PSN. ;)

Will be my first DOA, oddly enough. The Vita has done things to me. Looking forward to discovering who my character will be.
Just from appearances, I am leaning Christie.

Chtistie plays really well.

I wonder how big this will be on PSN. I'm guessing 3-3.5GB. Anyone know off-hand how big DOA5 is on PS3?

Solidus_

Banned
I jut hope it has decent AA. They really dropped the ball with xbox and ps3 version. I traded in my xbox360 copy due to terrible jaggies.

The ninja does look a lot like him. I just looked up Ein that was mentioned and he's the guy I was referring to, apparently he is now Hayate... :S an alternate persona or something.

I was looking at an old small picture of Hayate earlier, looks much more like I remember him in DoA 5, nvm! :)

From what I read up before playing DOA5 (which I'm currently playing thanks to PS+), he went under the name Ein because he had amnesia and couldn't remember his real name.

Doubt it. Some of the trophies are different.

Do we know the trophy list yet? I can't find it anywhere. Logically, you'd think that all the ones with similar requirements could be unlocked automatically. Having to play 1000 online games or unlock all the titles in both would be pretty stupid.

Moonlight

Banned
...man, with that box art it's gonna be kinda tough bringing this game up to the counter. I fear judgment from random EBGames clerks.

Still, I toughed out Catherine, I can tough this out too.

Fusebox

Banned
...man, with that box art it's gonna be kinda tough bringing this game up to the counter. I fear judgment from random EBGames clerks.

Don't be afraid, go up to the counter with your copy of DOA5 and a box of tissues.

Squire

Banned

Um, really? What's embarrassing about the box art for this or even vanilla DOA5? It's the cast of fighters and the logo.

You know, like the cover to every fighting game ever made?

Subtle thread sub title lol. I was going to get this on Vita until it showed up on Plus. Now I'm not so sure (probably yes)

Performance is going to be solid right?

I wonder how big this will be on PSN. I'm guessing 3-3.5GB. Anyone know off-hand how big DOA5 is on PS3?

5.5 GB or thereabout

Moonlight

Banned
Um, really? What's embarrassing about the box art for this or even vanilla DOA5? It's the cast of fighters and the logo.

You know, like the cover to every fighting game ever made?
Not every fighter, but I digress. I would direct your attention to the right of the cover.

It's not like I'm not gonna buy it, but I'm just saying. I fear random EBGames clerk judgment.

Not every fighter, but I digress. I would direct your attention to the right of the cover.

It's not like I'm not gonna buy it, but I'm just saying. I fear random EBGames clerk judgment.
That's how much it is on PS3.

I'd say the Vita version will be a hair under 3GB. It has less CG than most fighters nowadays.

Risette

A Good Citizen

You shouldn't underestimate your local EBGames/Gamestop clerks.

I bought Akai Katana at Gamestop and the clerk actually asked me if I played Deathsmiles and we talked about it for a few minutes. I was shocked. Changed the way I viewed Gamestop clerks forever.

Moonlight

Banned
You shouldn't underestimate your local EBGames/Gamestop clerks.

I bought Akai Katana at Gamestop and the clerk actually asked me if I played Deathsmiles and we talked about it for a few minutes. I was shocked. Changed the way I viewed Gamestop clerks forever.
Duly noted.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Been playing a lot of the ps3 version in anticipation for this, thankfully the 1.03 patch made it super simple to unlock those legendary swimsuits/ alpha 152. I'm still somewhat worried though, I haven't seen a mention for Japanese voices yet, and Tecmo's last two titles have been an english only affair. Hopefully the demo comes out today so I can ease my concerns (and get some more matches in).

But other than that, very much looking forward to this game. Great ot.

xyzls

Bah no Ein, no buy.

3107246945_1_5_vLM0rm9T.jpg

Well, they changed his name to Hitomi now for some reason...

Mind-blown but they actually looked alike anyway.
I must have forgotten this happened as I have played all the games in the series but Ultimate and 5.

Is DOA5 worth getting for PS3? Is the community great?

Its worth getting. Haven't played it for months but I reckon you can still find people online and its gonna get crowded with Vita players joining in.

so1337

Just got DOA5 on PSN+ but I'm still getting this day one.
Mind-blown but they actually looked alike anyway.
I must have forgotten this happened as I have played all the games in the series but Ultimate and 5.
Also, in case you didn't know, Clark Kent is Superman.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
( . Y . ) is the superior way to make ASCII boobs FYI

but surely Leona was innocently emphasising that it is DOA 5 '+'. Twice. Right?

having DOA5 on PS3 for free (thanks PS+) makes it much more likely I'll jump on this version too

Top Bottom