• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Plus |OT| ( + )( + )

bumpkin

Apologies for the bump, but I know I can't be the only one who bit on the PS+ sale ($10) a week or so ago. I already owned the game on the PS3, so with the cross-save functionality -- and the low price -- it seemed like a no-brainer. I got a ton of play out of DOA Dimensions on the 3DS, didn't see any reason not to expect the same with 5+ on Vita. I pretty much spent a good 5 or 6 hours this weekend playing it, even found a few online matches including one player that I went back and forth with for 15 or 20 consecutive fights.

But that of course led me to one major observation; was it just the time of day I was playing, or is the online for this game (and 5 on PS3) pretty much, well, D.O.A.? I had several times where I searched for opponents doing a simple match and it went on for a good 5 or 10 minutes before I ultimately just hit cancel.

It's a shame too, this game is pretty freakin' solid.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The matchmaking for cross-play was already bad at launch. They never fixed it, and with DOA5U coming out today the PS3 players are pretty much going to be gone in ranked match.

You missed the boat, dude, sorry.

bumpkin

The matchmaking for cross-play was already bad at launch. They never fixed it, and with DOA5U coming out today the PS3 players are pretty much going to be gone in ranked match.

You missed the boat, dude, sorry.
Eh, I never really play fighters online much anyways. I was just intrigued by the cross-platform online play and figured I'd check it out. The guy I mentioned playing a handful of games with mopped the floor with me, but I still had a good time playing the matches; he was on PS3.

If anyone lingering around here has DOA5+ on Vita, feel free to add me to your friend list. Maybe we can fight sometime. My PSN ID is DaveB1980

frogg609

I know most of the world has moved to Ultimate but I am only on Plus. Is there a guide on gettting all the costume unlocks, or is it the same as the vanilla version?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I know most of the world has moved to Ultimate but I am only on Plus. Is there a guide on gettting all the costume unlocks, or is it the same as the vanilla version?

It's the same as vanilla.

Alric

So does anyone still play this on the Vita? I just checked out the demo and really liked it, just wondering if people play online still.

So does anyone still play this on the Vita? I just checked out the demo and really liked it, just wondering if people play online still.
I bust it out every few days. I manage to find opponents still, but the waiting times can get a bit ridiculous.

In other words, nothing has changed since launch :p

Top Bottom