• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobeid

Banned
Wouldn't you rather have a more polished, better game than a rushed launch day product? Your logic sounds so... illogical. I mean, it's not like PS4 & Xbone are going to drown in games after March and inFamous & Titanfall. Around summer, there will quite likely be a drought of games and Watch_Dogs seems to fill that gap pretty nicely.

I agree with your logic, but what I'm saying is that most of the people I know who were interested in the game have completely forgotten about it and sales won't be nearly as high as if the game was a launch title. I wouldn't have been surprised if critics were easier on the game because it was a launch title too.

Regardless, I'm nnot going to play WD given the recent gameplay we've seen. Looks incredibly boring.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
And herein this thread we have Sucker Punch shitting all over Ubi.

Ubi delayed the game to polish it. I no longer have any inkling of desire for that game. I'm sure I'm not the only sake they lost or on by not releasing on launch day.
Them delaying the game to polish is it a good gesture.

They could have launched it and raked in all those sweet pre-order money and people that just buy based on hype.

Arsenic13

Not to say that Watch Dog's doesn't look visually downgraded, but we're talking about a game on one console v.s. a multiplatform game on last and current gen. We're also talking about a different engine and different gameplay (how background mechanics are working and how many resources those take up). But by all means, let's pretend that all games work the same and should look equally as good despite all of the variables behind game development.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
WarlikeJoyfulGyrfalcon.gif

This game looks insane....I mean the IQ is amazing.

Fuck me sideways.

Also I want to murder all these people actually playing this who aren't reviewers.

Knoxcore

Ultimately what matters is gameplay. I've been worried about Watch Dogs and I've been worried Infamous will be like its predecessors with a new skin. Ultimately, I think these games will be a buy for me but won't be as well received as expected (especially Watch Dogs).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It certainly looks amazing. What framerate are they aiming for? Hope it'll be a good game too!

ypo

Of course this is mentioned in the article. But there are other very visible graphical downgrades beside the lightning change:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...ical-differences-compared-to-e3-2013-trailer/

The overall look of the latest scenes is much more PS3-like, the first trailer looks much more next gen.

Looks like you are just talking out of your behind. Difference time of the day different environment. Newer pics have a lot more compression artifact. What a great comparison. Oh look the guys has a name tag on his jacket in the newer pics. Upgrade total confirmed! PS3 like...lol

even the articles says "“Difference” does not mean downgrade. It doesn’t mean upgrade. It means “difference.” That’s all there’s to it. The scene portrayed simply looks radically different. It doesn’t look necessarily worse or better. Just different."

tumblr_n2fwxg9ZZC1r8tgs3o1_500.gif

Wow look at the total downgrades in this gif. Frame 2 has been hugely downgraded compared to frame 1. Forget about frame 5 and 6 it's like almost PS2 graphics. Everything got replaced by plain black textures.

Gbraga

Is the day one patch confirmed to change the HUD? I think it's the only thing I don't like about the game so far.

Loudninja

Looks like you are just talking out of your behind. Difference time of the day different environment. Newer pics have a lot more compression artifact. What a great comparison. Oh look the guys has a name tag on his jacket in the newer pics. Upgrade total confirmed! PS3 like...lol

even the articles says "“Difference” does not mean downgrade. It doesn’t mean upgrade. It means “difference.” That’s all there’s to it. The scene portrayed simply looks radically different. It doesn’t look necessarily worse or better. Just different."
Yep.
Definitely no visual downgrade of graphics since then! We put that particular area in sunset instead of sunny time of day so that it matches the mood of narrative better.
https://www.facebook.com/infamous/p...9862/257883661060052/?type=1&relevant_count=1

SykoTech

Well, Watch_Dogs is held back by last gen and Wii U. Though even that shouldn't have caused such a drastic downgrade.

But I do hope Arkham Knight manages to look this good. I trust Rocksteady a lot more than UniSoft, but even they are going to have a hard time topping this. Sucker Punch really knocked it out of the ball.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I can't be the only one that remembers all the analyzing of pre-release footage of Infamous. Pointing out the 2D trees and blurry textures and the massive pop-in around E3 and the months after.

To now flip it and call the release downgraded seems so intellectually dishonest it's crazy.

StuBurns

Banned
True, but I'd say that Resistance was never really much of a looker, while Shadowfall was already a graphic bomb.
Certainly true.

I think it's going to be shocking oneupmanship for the next few years, InFamous, then The Order, then GG's RPG, then MM's game, then Uncharted 4, then QD's game, on and on.

Sony's published games did a good job of sharing the crown last generation, but it took a while before people were all up and at fighting weight. It's going to be obscene this time.

KoopaTheCasual

I can't be the only one that remembers all the analyzing of pre-release footage of Infamous. Pointing out the 2D trees and blurry textures and the massive pop-in around E3 and the months after.

To now flip it and call the release downgraded seems so intellectually dishonest it's crazy.
Trolls gonna troll. And it's funny how people crying downgrade can't even point to a single screen shot or scene that has been downgraded. They just "feel" like it has.

Famassu

Of course this is mentioned in the article. But there are other very visible graphical downgrades beside the lightning change:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...ical-differences-compared-to-e3-2013-trailer/

The overall look of the latest scenes is much more PS3-like, the first trailer looks much more next gen.
I don't notice any downgrades. The lighting is different which causes the faces to look a bit different, but a huge PS4 -> PS3 level quality drop there is not.

omonimo

Banned

You could be right... wait a minute, have you used how example Xenoblade on the Wii U to rise the bar? The bitmapped grass game on a console which struggle to handle ps360 games in the multiplat? Da fak?

orioto

Good Art™
I now fully expect every game to be released ever to be analyzed by "downgrade experts" and i'm pretty sure they'll find reason to believe for each of them.. This is a thing now, we'll have to deal with it!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Awesome. Hopefully the results make other teams use it. It seems a lot better than KZSF's method.

I now fully expect every game to be released ever to be analyzed by "downgrade experts" and i'm pretty sure they'll find reason to believe for each of them.. This is a thing now, we'll have to deal with it!
I do understand why people are skeptical. Forza 5, Watch_Dogs, and others have changed significantly for the worse since reveal. The claims for this game made me laugh though since even at a glance you can tell the lighting quality, shadowing, and clothing textures improved a good deal.

I'm actually impressed with Sony's first party showings so far this gen. All the games shown off have just improved since reveal, no BS target renders.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Keep your twitter shit off GAF, thanks.

If I wanted to read garbage I'd go to huffingtonpost.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom