• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberia

1780161_10152291956294630_1247326034_o.jpg

Also are there blast shards in this?, i liked collecting them in the older games.

Yes.

StuBurns

Banned
Horia Dociu joined the team as the new art director back in December 2011. Formerly he worked at FuturePoly (as an Concept Art Instructor), Arenanet (Guild Wars 2) and Valve (Half-Life 2's enviroment artist).
Well he appears to have been a most astute hire.

Certinty

comparing 2 old PS3 games with a supposed next-gen game.

what a retarded guy.
No because there are open world games just as old as the first 2 inFamous games that feel more alive. So far from what I've seen SS doesn't even look more alive than some last-gen games either. But I'll wait until playing the game for myself before making a final judgement.

Xun

1780161_10152291956294630_1247326034_o.jpg

I think if you take into account the fact that this game is open world, i honestly think this is one of if not the best looking game i have ever seen yet. It looks as good as Crysis 3 on PC and that is linear as you can get.

The only thing i don't like about the graphics is the hud which looks cheap and like graffiti or something (maybe thats the point). I like the hud in the older games like the electric energy thing that you upgraded over time, it looks cheap in this game. I also don't like the 3D map although i can't remember if it was like that in the older games.

Also are there blast shards in this?, i liked collecting them in the older games.
The DOF looks pretty terrible as well.

In motion the game looks great, but I'm not really getting wowed by these shots in all honesty.

StuBurns

Banned
I was amazed when I found out he was Daniel Dociu's son. I wonder if anyone in that family isn't a top tier artist.
The current art team are certainly very impressive.

I don't want to trivialize the rest of the staff though, it's easy to point to just the art director, and lay all praise or criticism at their feet, I'm sure there's a small army of artists that slaved away at the project. I think just the fact it's set in Seattle probably helps, both in wanting to more accurately document where they live, and in having a more accurate sense of what it should look like. It's a team effort, of course, but yeah, really impeccable results.

Father Grigori would be proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom