• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

okayfrog

Banned
I would agree, but I did not enjoy what I played of inFamous at all and I'm sure Second Son fairs no different. Even though Watch_Dogs will probably look worse, I'm guessing it'll play better.

huh? does not compute.
The open world of infamous is a lot smaller than an open world game like GTA or what watch dogs will be. You can easily travel the whole city on foot, which you will have to because they don't have interactive vehicles like watch dogs does. It's like people who were saying GTA 5 looked terrible compared to The Last of Us.

213372bu

Banned
Wow the lighting and rain effects have been looking sick! I, no sarcasm intended, thought people said this would be impossible to do on an open world game especially this early in the gen. I seriously hope Watch_Dogs sees another push back if it means better content and visuals... perhaps a re-announcement at E3.

I would agree, but I did not enjoy what I played of inFamous at all and I'm sure Second Son fairs no different. Even though Watch_Dogs will probably look worse, I'm guessing it'll play better.

But I love infamous, just travelling around in the world is so much fun. On the other hand I have never enjoyed an "open world" ubisoft game ever.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ix4aA26TWvHh6.jpg

iREXkuxYygPKU.jpg

ibcTHE5pnczaYu.jpg

The open world of infamous is a lot smaller than an open world game like GTA or what watch dogs will be. You can easily travel the whole city on foot, which you will have to because they don't have interactive vehicles like watch dogs does. It's like people who were saying GTA 5 looked terrible compared to The Last of Us.

travelling by foot in infamous would take forever. you have to fast travel by using a superpower. I don't agree with this opinion at all :p

Plus we don't know the world sizes for either games...

travelling by foot in infamous would take forever. you have to fast travel by using a superpower. I don't agree with this opinion at all :p

Plus we don't know the world sizes for either games...

Actually on the latest Podcast Beyond one of the Devs said the city is about the same size as in previous infamous games. No it didn't take forever on foot. You didn't need to fast travel with super powers. The only hassle was crossing bridges.

alatif113

GTA open world as in buildings you can go in and out of, cars you can drive, NPCs that have random interactions etc. Based off the past 2 infamous games and what I've seen of this game none of that stuff is present

So now the definition of an open world game is basically "GTA"?

Game looks amazing.. .but to be fair this is a current gen exclusive built ground up for the most powerful console. Watch Dogs is a cross gen multiplat that is being made for different platforms of wildly different specs.

leadbelly

Banned
I'm still curious to know what the LOD is like. It doesn't seem that noticeable on the recent footage, but that takes place at night, which makes it easier to hide. I did notice some pop in at a fairly close distance though when looking for it.

It's going to be there, it is just a question of how far away it happens and to what extent.

Vinc

I said wow. The comparison with Watch Dogs is a bit unfair though. It's a cross-gen game coming out on pretty much everything vs. a first party exclusive coming out on the most powerful console currently available on the market. Still, it looks gorgeous.

Actually on the latest Podcast Beyond one of the Devs said the city is about the same size as in previous infamous games and no it didn't take forever on foot. You didn't need to fast travel with super powers.

I thought said to be it was 50% bigger. It could have been bigger, but they opted to make it smaller so it wouldn't be a chore to get from place to place.

Infamous always looked better and better after each new trailer.

Watch Dogs just got progressively worse and boring the more they showed it.

Havel

And this was done with 'only' 5GB of RAM, people. Imagine what games will look like in a few years and when more RAM is available to devs due to smaller OS footprint.

lol them overrated graphics. i swear man, its like console gamers seeing this kind of stuff, they think its the second coming of christ. whats good about it? that dof? the details? its good, nothing mindblowing.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
GTA open world as in buildings you can go in and out of, cars you can drive, NPCs that have random interactions etc. Based off the past 2 infamous games and what I've seen of this game none of that stuff is present

You mean those one or two?

Jigolo

Sorry to mention op. All those shots are compressed. Even the GAF members'; they were taken with the share button and uploaded via FB.

Someone with a proper capturing device needs to get a hold of this game to show its beauty.

So now the definition of an open world game is basically "GTA"?
Not what I said. But it's not fair to compare the graphics of a game with the depth of GTA, or watch dogs if we believe what we've been told to something like infamous. I don't see why this is so hard to understand. Just the lack of drivable cars allows so many more resources to be allocated on graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom