• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Watch_Dogs: please take note. (New Infamous Second Son Screenshots Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iREXkuxYygPKU.jpg

Is he taking a dump?
Someone add the WatchDogs logo in

Loudninja

GTA open world as in buildings you can go in and out of, cars you can drive, NPCs that have random interactions etc. Based off the past 2 infamous games and what I've seen of this game none of that stuff is present
So driving cars and going into buildings is a true open world game?

InFamous about climbing buildings and using you powers to get around.

BigBoss

lol them overrated graphics. i swear man, its like console gamers seeing this kind of stuff, they think its the second coming of christ. whats good about it? that dof? the details? its good, nothing mindblowing.

Show me an open world game with better graphics.

Ascenion

so whats the general impression of this game?

Is it just infamous but more prettier, or are there key gameplay changes?
Everything I've seen of it points to infamous just drop dead gorgeous which troubles me, but as long as it doesn't do a Crackdown 2 level of recycle I'll be okay with it.

So now the definition of an open world game is basically "GTA"?

No, but the definition of "GTA open world" is "like GTA".

Infamous is "open-world", but Watch_Dogs is "GTA-open world". One of those allows more resources to be allocated to graphics than the other.

Gosh that looks great.

Ubisoft really messed up Watch Dogs. I dont know if they are intentionally holding the ps4 version back to look closer to the Xbone and old gen versions but something must be going on.

Sucker Punch are not exactly a powerhouse of a studio either so I dont know how a plucky 100 Seattle team with a "So-so" technical track record can outgun the 1000+ person intercontinental dev monster from Canada.

If this is the kind of gap we can expect between Sony first party and multiplats then SCE is going to have a nice generation.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks amazing but you still can't pit exclusive, next-gen only games against multi platform, cross-gen games.

Though, Watch Dogs does need help.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
lol them overrated graphics. i swear man, its like console gamers seeing this kind of stuff, they think its the second coming of christ. whats good about it? that dof? the details? its good, nothing mindblowing.

This post brought to you by the author of this post

are you proud though? really? are you REALLY proud?

I'm not sifting through any more of your trolling.

It was a matter of time when someone felt their rig was threatened

I have played many open world games on PC and this impresses me. there is nothing overrated about the graphics. a small team has managed to develop an impressive engine

the city at night with the rain looks very impressive

jmizzal

Watch Dogs was in development before PS4 was even thought of, Infamous was built ground up for PS4 from a first party dev

VanWinkle

Poor guy. Sorry you don't get to play the game. :(

Not what I said. But it's not fair to compare the graphics of a game with the depth of GTA, or watch dogs if we believe what we've been told to something like infamous. I don't see why this is so hard to understand. Just the lack of drivable cars allows so many more resources to be allocated on graphics.

That's like asking Spiderman to drive a car.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Crazy shots.

No need to shit on Watch_Dogs though.

That's ok, Infamous SS does that on its own. This is a valid comparison vs another open world game that was very much touted for the visuals on it's initial reveal in Watch Dogs. Infamous towers above that.

It definitely doesn't compare to a PC port of console games

So driving cars and going into buildings is a true open world game?

InFamous about climbing buildings and using you powers to get around.
Not trying to define open world. I'm saying that adding drivable cars and building interiors as opposed to just exteriors is a lot more complex and requires more resources than just an external map of a city. I'm not bashing infamous at all it's a great achievement. Just saying it's not an even comparison. Like I said TLOU was the best looking PS3 game, but those graphics just would not be possible on a game like GTA 5. I think TLOU was a much better game either way, but it's not an even comparison when it comes to pure graphics.

kpaadet

Its fair that some defend Watch Dogs saying its cross gen, but just know that Ubisoft set themselves up to be shit on with their 2012 E3 demo, the same thing will happend to The Division.

Great material settings on the road and stuff, extremely natural. A wee bit barren in terms of geometry and object density though. Nothing horrible at all though.

Curious to see direct feed uncompressed to get a hint at its AA solution.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Sorry to mention op. All those shots are compressed. Even the GAF members'; they were taken with the share button and uploaded via FB.

Someone with a proper capturing device needs to get a hold of this game to show its beauty.

Well I have one I just need to see if my splitter strips the HDMI when I get my PS4 in on Monday then I'll be ready for launch.

Hurley

allgamespc
(Today, 01:40 PM)

Blizzard

Banned
The graphics are really impressive, but it gives me the same sort of impression I often get from other open-world games: Where are the people? Only the very first shot seems to have many nearby people, and I only see maybe 3 anywhere near the camera, with some others in the difference.

I never played any other Infamous game though, so I have no idea how the crowds typically vary.

BadAss2961

That's ok, Infamous SS does that on its own. This is a valid comparison vs another open world game that was very much touted for the visuals on it's initial reveal in Watch Dogs. Infamous towers above that.
I agree, but just let the shots speak for themselves -- they have no problem doing so.

I just don't want people jinxing this game. lol. This kind of hype often leads to strong backlash that Sucker Punch doesn't deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom