• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Toro: "It makes no fucking sense Silent Hills is not happening"

This just reminds me how I forgot to redownload it after changing my HD on my PS4, before they took it down.

ibnmwanz0zh7rlttikg.gif

Boke1879

Well, you've only got to look at all the money Kojima burned through while making the far-from-finished MGSV to see that it does kinda make sense. I mean it breaks my heart that Silent Hills was cancelled, but I get why it's cancelled.

Are people still using this as fact? It's literally a rumor and hasn't been reported as fact from any publication

Silent Hills isn't happening because your buddy Kojima costs way to fucking much money and Konami realized they weren't running a charity but a business

Could happen much sooner, with Kojima going free agent and del Toro always starting new projects.

Kojima's contract ends in December I think. It could take a while for Kojima to set up shop and get together his team again, and then to find someone who'll fund a AAA horror game. We should be hearing something regarding his next project from next year on. So within a year or two we'll see something concrete hopefully.

GrayChild

I've been a fan of del Toro for years. Incredibly humble and kindhearted human being, with a self-deprecating sense of humor. Not a mean bone in his body. Wears his heart on his sleeve.

To add salt to the wound of SH's cancelation, here's a post I made in the Stefanie Joosten waifu thread:

#########

Come to think of it... You know who else probably would've appeared in Silent Hills?

Doug Jones. Doing mo-cap.

No....

------------------------------------

In that regard, do you remember who else was in Kojima productions around that time?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=943834

I mean, Kojima hiring Sasha Grey for Silent Hills is... wow....

Surely The Last Of Us was around before Silent Hills? Wasn't it only a year into development when it was canned?

Kojima was contacted with request to direct Silent Hills in late 2012. Maybe that's when they started gathering ideas for the game.

impact

Banned
Silent Hill has to be the most mistreated IP in gaming. A god damn shame Konami is/was in charge of what was once such a fantastic series. I'm sure they'll use the name again for some stupid ass gambling machine or cellphone shitware.

Loakum

Banned
Konami really deserves the worst developers in the biz award for releasing an incomplete MGSVTPP and cancelling Silent Hills. They really fucked over gamers that supported them for decades.

brau

Konami really deserves the worst developers in the biz award for releasing an incomplete MGSVTPP and cancelling Silent Hills. They really fucked over gamers that supported them for decades.

+1

My heart aches with this whole Silent Hills. It was gonna be amazing after how awesome P.T turned out. The hype was real.

GrayChild

Silent Hill has to be the most mistreated IP in gaming.

If there is a biography of the series released someday, this quote should be on the cover. Four games that are still considered to be the highest point of the survival horror genre, followed by 2 crappy movies, 5 mid-to godawful games, tons of horrible graphic novels, mobile shovelware and an absolutely atrocious HD "collection".

Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft, do want to win my temperamental and ever fleeting brand loyalty?

Pick up Del Toro and Kojima for a first party horror game.

Please understand if you screw up after that, I will more than likely jump ship again. But for that release and probably the rest of that generation, you have me.

impact

Banned
If there is a biography of the series released someday, this quote should be on the cover. Four games that are still considered to be the highest point of the survival horror genre, followed by 2 crappy movies, 5 mid-to godawful games, tons of horrible graphic novels, mobile shovelware and an absolutely atrocious HD "collection".

You forgot the best demo of all time for a game that was cancelled. It will never not hurt. Fuck this company.

SOLDIER

Can't just Sony hire him and Kojima and create their vision under different name?

If nobody from Sony has at least APPROACHED Del Toro with this idea by now, I will be seriously shocked.

I keep thinking about what Sony could do to top this year's triple whammy of E3 announcements.

The only conceivable thing I can think of would be to have Del Toro and Kojima on stage to announce their new collaboration on "Whispering Mountain".

Loakum

Banned
Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft, do want to win my temperamental and ever fleeting brand loyalty?

Pick up Del Toro and Kojima for a first party horror game.

Please understand if you screw up after that, I will more than likely jump ship again. But for that release and probably the rest of that generation, you have me.

THIS.

It's not all bad. As someone who doesn't read manga the news of Junji Ito (not) working on the project causing folk to loose their mind got me to pick up Uzumaki which I am thoroughly enjoying.

At least I got something out of all this.

Gurish

I will never get over cancellations of SW1313 and Silent Hills.

Such shame.

SW1313 would probably end up as another mediocre Uncharted clone with a SW skin on top of it.

SH is a real pain, we probably lost a true horror classic, potentially the best ever in its genre.

Kain

Luckily I don't like horror games, because this breaks my heart. As a Metal Gear fanboy I imagine this is something similar to cancelling the next Metal Gear before it even... oh

Shizuka

#########

Come to think of it... You know who else probably would've appeared in Silent Hills?

Doug Jones. Doing mo-cap.

He's a frequent creature actor in del Toro's films. He brought to life such marvelous monsters as:

Abe Sapien

18kj6s.jpg

Pan

20tjbz.jpg

Pale Man

3utjct.jpg

Angel of Death

4eujqw.jpg

Ah, what could've been

Maybe he played Lisa and we just didn't know.

night13x

They let Kojima blow enough money to make multiple AAA games for ultimately an unfinished final product.

Now we have Pachikomania!!!!!

Top Bottom