• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Toro: "It makes no fucking sense Silent Hills is not happening"

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You hope hatred will replace the pain, but it never goes away, it makes a man hideous, inside and out.

The real phantom pain.

It will never stop hurting. Until Kojima and Del Toro go to Sony and make the game of our dreams.

You know, I'm kind of glad that I got my PS4 after P.T. got delisted

If I never play it, I can't exactly know what I'm missing.

The loss of Silent Hills stings just a little less.

So could they actually shop around the general idea of the game they were making and the ideas they implemented at Konami without getting into a legal snafu? Aside from the obvious name and engine. This game needs to happen, even if its made in Unity dammit.

Melchiah

We had a great experience and had great story sessions with hundreds upon hundreds of designs. Some of the stuff that we were designing for Silent Hills I’ve seen in games that came after, like The Last of Us, which makes me think we were not wrong, we were going in the right direction.

That sounds a bit like trying to take credit of a succesful concept retrospectively, "We thought about it first!"

Melchiah

Absolutely not.

Well, that's how it sounded to me.

Sounds to me like a guy who is dissapointed because he saw that their ideas could work out well :/

I'd like nothing more than to see their vision to become reality, but I'm not holding my breath for it. It's really heartbreaking, that it won't ever be the same as it was originally intended, as they can't use the same engine, and I dunno if Konami holds rights for the concepts in PT/Silent Hills.

Zabant

MGSV is unfinished and the story is a let down, and Silent Hills will never happen.

Of the infinite number of realities that can exist, this one is pretty damn low tier.

KyleCross

People really shouldn't feel pain for this being canceled, because at the end of the day we don't know how good this game would have actually been. Everyone assumes that it would've been fantastic due to the track record of the people involved, but it could have also been anything but. Just look at MGSV.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
People really shouldn't feel pain for this being canceled, because at the end of the day we don't know how good this game would have actually been. Everyone assumes that it would've been fantastic due to the track record of the people involved, but it could have also been anything but. Just look at MGSV.

People typically prefer knowing to not knowing, even if you get a Duke Nukem Forever out of the ordeal. Not ever knowing is the killer part.

GlamFM

Banned

MGSV is fantastic, as was PT. There´s a reeeeeeeaaaaally good chance this game would have been great.

Spinluck

Could've been the GOAT horror game

PT was pretty much already that.

1. PT >>>>> MGS:GZ

2. MGSV is fucking awesome

Erevador

I can't believe something with this insane amount of interest could really stay dead.

Twin Peaks season 3 came back from the ashes with Lynch attached.

I don't give up on Silent Hills.

MGS5 is amazing and has some of the best gameplay in the industry.

Whether you like the plot or not is entirely subjective but I've always believed that Kojima has really good ideas in utilizing gaming as a medium. His themes are also very interesting even if they don't entirely work out and I'd like to think Del Toro would've been the leash that Kojima needed to make something pretty fantastic.

I truly believe Kojima's stories benefit from having someone else on board. Hence why I believe the original 3 MGS games were better written than 4 and 5.

Erevador

PT was the most potent horror game experience I've had since the Silent Hill 3.

We were in the very best of hands here.

eso76

Phil Spencer really needs to call Del Toro and Kojima and let them create whatever the hell they like.

No, not Phil Spencer.

It wouldn't be fair to relagate so much greatness to one console
i don't currently own

Erevador

No, not Phil Spencer.

It wouldn't be fair to relagate so much greatness to one console
i don't currently own
Silent Hills would easily be worth the price of a console to me. The resurrection of this game on any modern console would be a complete miracle.

chug.gif

Lol This.

Really, in response to GDT... Very little of what Konami does makes any sense.

I like the suggestion for doing their own project and calling it "Quiet Mountains" or something. Lol

I can't wait to buy MGSV...used. Because #FucKonami

Tabris

Sony (or Microsoft) needs to create a studio for Kojima.

Nothing about PT was specific to Silent Hill.

Just create a new brand using the same plans for Silent Hills. Not like a creepy town is anything that's brand specific.

I still have yet to finish P.T.

First time a game literally made me shut off the system. Silent Hill 2 came close back in the day, making me drop the controller and walk away.

I can still feel the excitement from when everybody started finding out what it was a teaser for...

This has been such a crazy generation of gaming (In a good way), it's a fucking tragedy that this project won't be a part of it.

Or will it be...pls someone make this happen in some shape or form :/

eso76

Silent Hills would easily be worth the price of a console to me. The resurrection of this game on any modern console would be a complete miracle.

Oh, yes, it very well could if PT and that concept video are any indication.
And that's exactly why it mustn't happen, because i don't want to have to buy another console : |

I still have yet to finish P.T.

First time a game literally made me shut off the system. Silent Hill 2 came close back in the day, making me drop the controller and walk away.

I can still feel the excitement from when everybody started finding out what it was a teaser for...

This has been such a crazy generation of gaming (In a good way), it's a fucking tragedy that this project won't be a part of it.

Or will it be...pls someone make this happen in some shape or form :/

Go finish it, scrub.
In the spirit of Halloween.
Headphones on, lights off.

Sony (or Microsoft) needs to create a studio for Kojima.

Nothing about PT was specific to Silent Hill.

Just create a new brand using the same plans for Silent Hills. Not like a creepy town is anything that's brand specific.

No one is brave enough to give 80m to Kojima and waiting 5 years to make

I think after many people experienced P.T. and the mesmerizing atmosphere it created form just a basic demo, gamers visualized what it could of materialized into with two talented creators at the helm. If P.T. never existed, then the loss probably wouldn't hurt as bad.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well, you've only got to look at all the money Kojima burned through while making the far-from-finished MGSV to see that it does kinda make sense. I mean it breaks my heart that Silent Hills was cancelled, but I get why it's cancelled.

You mean the game that will make 100s of millions of dollars?!?!

Goteki_45

Del Toro and Kojima will make a game together eventually.

Kojima will finish his contract with Konami in December, would want a break for a while, then I can see Sony picking him up and Kojima forming a new studio.

Then his first game will be involved with Del Toro, a horror game but not titled Silent Hills but got a gut feeling they will bring back Norman Reedus.

Believe

Del Toro and Kojima will make a game together eventually.

Kojima will finish his contract with Konami in December, would want a break for a while, then I can see Sony picking him up and Kojima forming a new studio.

Then his first game will be involved with Del Toro, a horror game but not titled Silent Hills but got a gut feeling they will bring back Norman Reedus.

Believe

Or Ryan Gosling

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/329000989761871873

Catdaddy

Konami would make it a walking simulator with micro-transactions to add in "scary moments".

These articles are still salt in the wound...

Top Bottom