• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

Just dropping in to say I played tonight since midnight, and had no issues with my Pro on a 1080p display. Hopefully this is just a small rare problem =S

Edit: no clue if it matters but I leave Boost Mode toggled ON all the time.

Hanmik

Played for 4 hours last night.. on my Ps4 Pro on a 1080P set... no crashes.. game played perfect for me.

Maybe there is something about certain PS4 Pro models..?

Could people maybe start posting model numbers and if they have crashes or not?
I am at work, so can't check my PS4 Pro right now.

probably isolated cases, I'm on Pro still playing now, no crashes since launch

Yeah. We got to keep in mind that the hype on this game will mean we hear more reports of issues.

However, strange that it appears at all in the manner it is. I'm intrigued to see if there are any model/production common themes from those suffering problems.

KHlover

Banned
I couldn't play the beta for more than 5 minutes at a time before the game crashed with a PS4 Pro and 1080p display.

For the beta: PS4 Pro on a 1080p set - crashed every time I got to the plaza

Destiny 2 retail (digital): PS4 Pro on a 4k set - crashes when I get to the plaza.

I'm leaning toward defective hardware on this one relating to specific models - when I get home I'll post both the model number and the crash ID.

danowat

Banned

Destiny 2 retail (digital): PS4 Pro on a 4k set - crashes when I get to the plaza.

I'm leaning toward defective hardware on this one relating to specific models - when I get home I'll post both the model number and the crash ID.

Exactly the same place mine crashed, where the guys with gas canisters on their backs?

t hicks

Banned
I just got a crash while doing a public event :/ Digital copy on pro, but I'm playing in 4K
Only crash that's happened so far though

I'm on a Pro and a 4k set, just had a crash during a public event in the EDZ.

Been playing for twelve hours so probably a good time to sleep, might disable boost mode tomorrow in case that prevents future crashes.

Rellik

I couldn't play the beta for more than 5 minutes at a time before the game crashed with a PS4 Pro and 1080p display.

Have either of you played Diablo 3 w/Pro patch or the most recent Tomb Raider on the same hardware that is crashing on you?

Played about 3 hours last night. Boost mode off, 1080p TV etc, no crashes.

Boost mode has no relevance in this case. Destiny 2 is a Pro Enhanced game.

JCizzle

Shit. I'm one of those who has horrible Diablo 3 crashes on my pro, I can't even play the game anymore (previously I never had a single issue with my OG Ps4 and D3). I hope it doesn't carry over to destiny :-/

Have either of you played Diablo 3 w/Pro patch or the most recent Tomb Raider on the same hardware that is crashing on you?

Boost mode has no relevance in this case. Destiny 2 is a Pro Enhanced game.
I haven't. But reading around Reddit, twitter, and the Bungie Forums it seems it's even affecting the console that was bundled for D2.

Heard some people mentioning in Reddit that you can try downloading Rise of the TR demo and if it crashes it's most likely a problem with the Pro console and you need to send it in for repairs.

Gane crashes as soon as I start walking through the market. Can play for about 5 minutes. Hopefully they patch this soon as it seems to affect a number of people.

Rellik

Heard some people mentioning in Reddit that you can try downloading Rise of the TR demo and if it crashes it's most likely a problem with the Pro console and you need to send it in for repairs.

What do they actually repair, though? Or do they just ship you a new console?

They repair it from what people in the forums are mentioning. One guy asked Sony what was wrong with it and according to him they said HDD corruption.

also incase anyone wants to read about the problems with Diablo https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752550338

Good read on the Diablo thread. Why does HDD corruption only affect one or two games? And why does it need a repair to fix it rather than a system wipe? Not a tech, so just wondering.

JCizzle

Good read on the Diablo thread. Why does HDD corruption only affect one or two games? And why does it need a repair to fix it rather than a system wipe? Not a tech, so just wondering.

Might be worth someone trying it on a new HDD then.
It's bullshit. I tried and played D3 on an external HDD and it didn't fix anything. Still crashes the same way. It also was an issue before boost mode even existed.

I was only able to play 1 PvP match last night before getting stuck in "1/8 waiting for players" loop.

I am happy that it was Clash.

but i found the match lobsided in when a bumch of Level 2s squared off with a team that had 2 higher leveled players with fully unlocked skill trees.

the lobsidedness is more apparant and to uphill battle to make a comeback is less probable in 4v4 than 6v6.

the other team had all 4 players in the + in K/D , while I was the only one on my team to have a positive K/D

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You guys trying rebuild database?

Had a funny thing on my Pro last night when I was replaying Dark Souls 3 and it kept telling me my save was corrupt. Happened even after I deleted the corrupt save and started over from scratch.

When the new save went kablooey, rather than letting the application delete the save-file, I rebooted and ran rebuild database. After doing that, the file was no longer corrupt and I was able to play on like nothing had happened.

Point being, an error on the HDD may have wider effects than immediately apparent.

blackflag

I just finished putting almost 4 hours into a single session.
PS4 Pro on a 1080p Panasonic plasma TV.

Not a single issue, other than the queue to log-in for the first time.

Using the exact same setup I played for like 3 hours so far with no crashes.

I had a constant crashing issue with UC4 when I first got my Pro last year. I rebuilt the thing twice trying to fix it with no luck so I finally took it back and got a replacement. It was weird because it played Arkham just fine. New Pro played my games just fine.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Destiny 2 has native Pro support. Boost has no power here and shall not pass. Just saying.
While by rights that should be true
I have had a game lock on me and that had Pro support and I didn't know what was happening and Boost Mode being off fixed it
Or it just didn't crash again lol

Abylim

I played for 15 hours straight today ( I feel bad, don't worry) with literally not a single crash. Ps4pro on 1080p tv.

Top Bottom