• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 crashes on PS4 Pro and 1080p?

Rellik

Most likely due to the console being with beta firmware, today IW crashed on me. Definitely not thread worty.

You seriously think everyone with issues is on beta firmware? So everyone who played the beta, Tomb Raider and Diablo 3 who had the same issue is also on beta firmware?

It's been made pretty clear in here that it seems to be an with a select few of PS4 Pros. Just look above at the motherboard replacement story.

Abylim

You seriously think everyone with issues is on beta firmware? So everyone who played the beta, Tomb Raider and Diablo 3 who had the same issue is also on beta firmware?

It's been made pretty clear in here that it seems to be an with a select few of PS4 Pros. Just look above at the motherboard replacement story.

Sounds like he was saying his crash was related to him being in the beta.

Quixz

Diablo 3 used to crash but stopped when I installed BETA 5.0. Destiny 2 on the other hand just crashes.

Have had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni

My Destiny Pro Bundle should arrive today at my apartment.

I'm scared shitless to be honest. What a way to get turned off from 400 bucks.

Haven't had any of these issues with Destiny 2 in the few hours I've played so far on 1080p/Pro.

Might be worth mentioning that Rocket League of all games has been causing some artifacting/glifching/random black screens for a few seconds (as if there's no input detected) for me the last few weeks. Was thinking the Pro may be crapping out on me, but I've only had it with RL so far and only like 3 or 4 times.

Just reading up on this thread and it definitely seems to be the result of a hardware defect for specific users. Thankfully it's not affecting everyone but I hope those who have the issue can get it fixed quickly.

My Destiny Pro Bundle should arrive today at my apartment.

I'm scared shitless to be honest. What a way to get turned off from 400 bucks.

That's exactly how I felt when I got my launch PS4 and saw stories about bent HDMI ports and consoles failing to start. Sure enough, my unit had the latter issue. Hope it works well for you! Destiny Pro Bundles should be newer hardware so I'd imagine you might be safer than most.

hEist

Just reading up on this thread and it definitely seems to be the result of a hardware defect for specific users. Thankfully it's not affecting everyone but I hope those who have the issue can get it fixed quickly.

That's exactly how I felt when I got my launch PS4 and saw stories about bent HDMI ports and consoles failing to start. Sure enough, my unit had the latter issue. Hope it works well for you! Destiny Pro Bundles should be newer hardware so I'd imagine you might be safer than most.

nope, saw 2-3 people with the same issue on the bungie forum (Destiny Pro Bundles).

Hixx

Fair few on Twitter saying their new white Pro is also crashing.

Mine arrived today, I've just finished the first mission and there's been no problem so far... knock on wood, and all that jazz.

Destiny 1 used to crash almost twice a day for me for 3 straight months. Hard drive empty, nothing attached to the console. Unacceptable that now D2 is doing the same(if actually true).

Louishere

Neo Member
Mine freezes every time I get to a certain point in the intro mission, or it's about 5 fps as soon as I start the mission.

I'm using the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro, and last night I restored a backup of my OG PS4. Error message is CE-34787-0 every time.

I might try initializing the new system and re downloading the game, but if that doesn't work I might try to go to Gamestop and get a new system (I have a feeling they'll tell me to contact Sony).

xrnzaaas

I wonder what's the average percentage of faulty Pro units that sound like a jet engine and/or crash in certain games, probably higher than standard PS4's.

HigXx

Its been crashing quite a few times for me too. Ive not had any other game crash like this on my Pro before

Frostburn

Day 1 PS4 Pro here from Amazon pre-ordering. No crashes so far but I've only put in maybe 3 hours or so. Boost mode is enabled in my settings and I'm playing on a 1080P TV, PS4 Pro is connected through my HDMI Receiver.

If the same thing happens for you in TR, then you should just simply exchange it. This came out in November and that means everybody still have their warranty.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Of all games I would expect D2 to be fixed very quickly. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Vashetti

Banned
Why do people keep mentioning Boost Mode? It literally has no relevance.

Boost Mode is for non-Pro-enabled software.

Destiny 2 is a Pro-enabled game, it's already using all the available Pro resources, Boost Mode does nothing and wouldn't be causing crashes.

breakfuss

OP, I was just about to make a thread concerning this issue. It has nothing to do with your display. I'm on a 4K (as are others) and have been experiencing these awful Destiny crashes. Rise of the Tomb Raider also caused this, in addition to No Man's Sky.

This is a PS4 PRO issue, and unfortunately it looks like some of us may need to send ours in for repair to Sony. Fucking sucks, man.

IMACOMPUTA

I had a couple crashes and then a checkerboard pattern, but I know for a fact my HDD is bad. Moved it to external and no problems.

Vashetti

Banned
OP, I was just about to make a thread concerning this issue. It has nothing to do with your display. I'm on a 4K (as are others) and have been experiencing these awful Destiny crashes. Rise of the Tomb Raider also caused this, in addition to No Man's Sky.

This is a PS4 PRO issue, and unfortunately it looks like some of us may need to send ours in for repair to Sony. Fucking sucks, man.

Pro.

renzolama

Haven't had a single crash across 5 hours playing on my Pro / 1080p TV. The pro support seems extremely underwhelming in general, but that's another issue altogether...it's definitely not crashing (for me) though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's called PS4 Pro.

Not PS4 PRO.

PRO suggests it's an acronym.

image.php

Glix

Wonder if it has anything to do with if you have the VR breakout box attached as well.

It will still be many hours before I am playing on a pro on a 1080 tv, like 7 or so, but I shall test.

breakfuss

Its never happened to me with any other game so I dont know if it is just Destiny 2

Have you played Rise of the Tomb Raider? That seems to be the biggest offender. There's a demo on the PSN store. If you're unable to run it then apparently you own one of these faulty PS4s. I'm livid.

You all should post whether you are using the original internal 1TB HDD or if it still crashes on an upgraded or external drive

HigXx

Have you played Rise of the Tomb Raider? That seems to be the biggest offender. There's a demo on the PSN store. If you're unable to run it then apparently you own one of these faulty PS4s. I'm livid.

Yeah ive played Rise of the Tomb Raider and no crashes

Top Bottom