• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2's PS4 Exclusive Content will Arrive on PC and Xbox One in 2018

Floex

Has there actually been any new details on the game besides moaning about this and no enhancements for the new Xbone?

I'm sure Activision had more to do with making this deal happen than Bungie. Look how CoD has PS4 timed exclusive content. You need money to develop a game and you have to make certain business agreements. I wonder if Bungie is tied in a 10 year long agreement on certain aspects like number of sequels and exclusive content.

Amazed console peeps put up with this stuff, ever, particularly in games like this.

Destiny is a PC game as well.

ianpm31

Haven't seen anything top buying tomb raider exclusivity for a year which almost killed the ip. But good guy Spencer had a change of heart now

Aeqvitas

Didn't bungie also say that the taken king content would arrive last fall, then pushed it off indefinitely?

Not much of a reason to believe anything Luke Smith says. He's just laughing his pants off that xbox and pc players will throw money at their screens for less content.

Saving my money for Anthem, where everyone who buys the game will get the same amount of content.

StUnNeR H2K

December 31st 2018 ��

Exactly what I was going to say. The original ad for Destiny 2 said something about a one year minimum to exclusive content, and with the TTK content being exclusive now for almost two years, this is probably an attempt to let PC/XB1 players know it will be available by the end of 2018.

Still doesn't make the situation any better. Only reason I'm not buying it is the exclusive junk, and the fact they won't confirm any details on the Xbox One X (probably simply to avoid making it look better than the Pro version).

I have a XB1 & PS4, and played Destiny on the XB1, but won't even buy it on the PS4 for the simple fact that I don't agree with this long-term exclusive crap. Yes, yes COD did it with Xbox last gen, but it wasn't a year, and if I remember is was maybe weeks? Plus it was tied to DLC you could choose to buy and not general content that was part of the game.

This does nothing but hurt Destiny community, and the franchise. So many people on both sides upset about it, and yes it will sell good, but imagine if it wasn't mired in this bull crap exclusive content. How great would the community be then? Or what if console players has the ability to cross-network play? Always imagined Bungie going independent would mean they would break that barrier of cross-network play since they basically created Xbox Live.

giphy.gif
Lmao. Nice.

It's still shitty, but at least the other platforms will eventually get it...

...but the TKK stuff never came, so I'm not going to trust what Luke says.

killroy87

If Luke is reading that thread, I hope he also reads the one about Guided Games, and how limited that feature is beginning to sound.

Strakt

Anthem is the new "Scorpio" in Destiny threads I see haha.
Hope they deliver on their vision of that E3 vertical slice. Looked great.

Edit:

Wait wtf? Is this confirmed?

It might as well be confirmed lol; people talking about how great Anthem is, yet no one knows a single thing about it aside from the 3 min E3 Footage. It could simply be a single player story game with co-op mode. I guess thats what hype does to some people :D

I love how salty the Xbox fans are, i bet most of them were applauding when Titanfall was announced as an exclusive. They should be happy they're getting the base game.

R aka Bon

Oh now I wonder if there will be more of an uproar...

Edit: What an annoying practice, people that buy the same product shouldn't be treated differently...

LKSmash

It might as well be confirmed lol; people talking about how great Anthem is, yet no one knows a single thing about it aside from the 3 min E3 Footage. It could simply be a single player story game with co-op mode. I guess thats what hype does to some people :D

So you don't know a single thing either but you're just running around making shit up? you're a credit to the community.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Why is this just now a thing with people? Didn't PS3 players have to suffer through not only secondary content delays, but actual exclusive game delays as well throughout the majority of last gen?

I love how salty the Xbox fans are, i bet most of them were applauding when Titanfall was announced as an exclusive. They should be happy they're getting the base game.

Xbox and PC fans now*

And why shouldn't we be salty? This is a terrible practice and shameful for both Bungie and Activision. Bungie forgets who made them what they are.

Pre-ordered bonuses are one thing, cosmetic exclusives are another, too... But actual playable levels, zones, gear etc? It was embarassing then, and it's even more embarassing now.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ah not confirmed I see. I do find it hilarious random warriors clinging to that game now w/out realizing it's nothing more but an E3 vertical slice demo.

And before that, it was The Division. Let's just wait and see if Anthem actually delivers.
Exactly.

Strakt

So you don't know a single thing either but you're just running around making shit up? you're a credit to the community.

That was the point of my post; the reading comprehension is strong with this one. It was more of a reply to the "Well anthem it is" shit post that appears in every destiny thread. People over hype themselves for a game that wont be out for 1.5- 2 years when its possibly missing the core features of a game like Raids and PVP (Since people like to base things off of small 3 minute clips). Regardless, this thread isn't about anthem. Thanks for taking the time to respond though! Ill cya in the next destiny thread that turns into a discussion about anthem.

Lom1lo

People comparing this with previous cod deals from xbox are stupid. This is the third time we have to wait a year for stuff in destiny, no wait we still didnt get the taken king stuff great. These destiny deals are just shit, end of the story

Nauren

No Raids is a slight bummer, but no PvP is a good choice. Not every game needs a competitive mode, and Anthem doesn't really seem like a game that should have one imo.

Well this game just took a step down for me :( I love raids and like PvP in these types of games.

Do you know the full story about Titanfall? If not, stop typing shit and go read about it.

I'm off the Destiny train forever. Can't be supporting this shit.
I have, apparently Respawn were always going to focus on one platform from the start because they were a small team and then EA made a full exclusive deal with MS post release. Thats what Vince Zampella said anyway right?

People comparing this with previous cod deals from xbox are stupid. This is the third time we have to wait a year for stuff in destiny, no wait we still didnt get the taken king stuff great. These destiny deals are just shit, end of the story

I mean I could be wrong but I think it's all actually just one deal, isn't it? Like Sony gave them a bunch of money before the series even launched for a multi-game marketing/content deal and bet on their success and now it's paying off for them.

LKSmash

That was the point of my post; the reading comprehension is strong with this one. It was more of a reply to the "Well anthem it is" shit post that appears in every destiny thread. People over hype themselves for a game that wont be out for 1.5- 2 years when its possibly missing the core features of a game like Raids and PVP (Since people like to base things off of small 3 minute clips). Regardless, this thread isn't about anthem. Thanks for taking the time to respond though! Ill cya in the next destiny thread that turns into a discussion about anthem.

I'm not advocating turning every destiny thread into team anthem vs team destiny. I'm just saying spreading misinformation is a pretty shitty thing to do just because you're upset.

Flintty

I have, apparently Respawn were always going to focus on one platform from the start because they were a small team and then EA made a full exclusive deal with MS post release. Thats what Vince Zampella said anyway right?

You missed the bit where they needed funding to finish the game. Guess who stepped up...

Top Bottom