• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2's PS4 Exclusive Content will Arrive on PC and Xbox One in 2018

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I mean I could be wrong but I think it's all actually just one deal, isn't it? Like Sony gave them a bunch of money before the series even launched for a multi-game marketing/content deal and bet on their success and now it's paying off for them.
Correct from what I remember and it was over a 3 game deal?
So expect this shit in Destiny 3 as well if that's the case, obviously.

Strakt

I'm not advocating turning every destiny thread into team anthem vs team destiny. I'm just saying spreading misinformation is a pretty shitty thing to do just because you're upset.

Its not misinformation though? I'm basing my knowledge off of what we've seen and know so far; and what we know so far is that there are no raids or pvp. Sorry that your favorite game thats still 1.5-2 years out isn't living up to your expectations. I'm excited for Anthem as well from what I've seen, so hopefully they do introduce real MMO like content.

Lom1lo

Destiny 2 is out in September, so it could be as short as a 3 months exclusivity window or as long as 12 months.
Until at least Fall 2018, they can make it even longer if they want like the taken king stuff. Destiny has the worst deal ever

gamz

I love how salty the Xbox fans are, i bet most of them were applauding when Titanfall was announced as an exclusive. They should be happy they're getting the base game.

At least be clever and factual if you're going to bring it.

2/10

I'll give you points for owning your trollness.

Well this game just took a step down for me :( I love raids and like PvP in these types of games.

Well it's all just rumors at this point, and plus the game is still over a year away so plenty of things still need to be announced and confirmed.

But still, I could do without PvP, but if it's not necessary to get certain gear, then I guess I don't mind.

Its not misinformation though? I'm basing my knowledge off of what we've seen and know so far; and what we know so far is that there are no raids or pvp. Sorry that your favorite game thats still 1.5-2 years out isn't living up to your expectations. I'm excited for Anthem as well from what I've seen, so hopefully they do introduce real MMO like content.
Where did they confirm no raids and pvp? Not calling you out, just hadn't seen that confirmation.

jviggy43

That was the point of my post; the reading comprehension is strong with this one. It was more of a reply to the "Well anthem it is" shit post that appears in every destiny thread. People over hype themselves for a game that wont be out for 1.5- 2 years when its possibly missing the core features of a game like Raids and PVP (Since people like to base things off of small 3 minute clips). Regardless, this thread isn't about anthem. Thanks for taking the time to respond though! Ill cya in the next destiny thread that turns into a discussion about anthem.

If anyone requires a lesson in reading, or in your case, writing comprehension its you. You emphatically said Anthem will not have raids or PvP, then turned around and said no one knows! If your point was to emphasize the ambiguity of Anthem's content compared to destiny, you would have responded with "does anthem have raids or pvp?" rather than trying to act like it doesnt.

I'm not advocating turning every destiny thread into team anthem vs team destiny. I'm just saying spreading misinformation is a pretty shitty thing to do just because you're upset.
Where did they confirm no raids and pvp? Not calling you out, just hadn't seen that confirmation.

Genuine question, isn't the default assumption is that until a game announces its features and content outside of the expect story mode then they don't have it?

I would think that is how hype builds and consumers get disappointed. Anthem hasn't announced any real content or features yet it is being compared to a game that people know a lot about.

I think PVP can be expected but raids to console (and PC gaming combine) is new right?

LKSmash

Its not misinformation though? I'm basing my knowledge off of what we've seen and know so far; and what we know so far is that there are no raids or pvp. Sorry that your favorite game thats still 1.5-2 years out isn't living up to your expectations

This is a joke post right? Because you've watched a 6 minute demo you KNOW sure fire there is no PVP and Raids? Your own inference can't be a source bud. Sorry, you're not as special as you think.

Genuine question, isn't the default assumption is that until a game announces its features and content outside of the expect story mode then they don't have it?

I would think that is how hype builds and consumers get disappointed. Anthem hasn't announced any real content or features yet it is being compared to a game that people know a lot about.

His initial post wasn't an assumption, it was an assertation. There's a huge difference between guessing and stating which is my problem. He could've said "I bet it doesn't have raids or PVP" but he didn't. He straight up said it had neither which people are already taking his word for.

Strakt

Off of everything we know about the game so far. Never said they weren't going to add it in the future, but as of now, all we've seen is co-op mode with loot drops (This could be simply just single player story).

Ramirez

The best part is that it fucks everyone over, because if the Strike or PVP map are actually fun, you'll never see them in a Nightfall or Trials, lol.

jviggy43

Off of everything we know about the game so far. Never said they weren't going to add it in the future, but as of now, all we've seen is co-op mode with loot drops (This could be simply just single player story).

You need a lesson for how to make logical inferences. Thats not how it works.

I think PVP can be expected but raids to console (and PC gaming combine) is new right?

What? No. What?

So you're spreading misinformation based on no actual confirmation of anything

Nauren

He doesn't know that, nothing has been announced regarding any of those things.

Well it's all just rumors at this point, and plus the game is still over a year away so plenty of things still need to be announced and confirmed.

But still, I could do without PvP, but if it's not necessary to get certain gear, then I guess I don't mind.

Ok good. Thanks for clarifying. It's not like me to miss details like this but figured I must have.

Strakt

This is a joke post right? Because you've watched a 6 minute demo you KNOW sure fire there is no PVP and Raids? Your own inference can't be a source bud. Sorry, you're not as special as you think.

Does the clip show PVP and Raids? Nope. Once again, never said they werent going to add it in the future.. but from everything revealed about anthem so far, we have no information about the game aside from co-op mode with a single legendary weapon dropping. As much as I liked the video, its way too early to get hyped about something that may or may not have any mmo-like features. Sorry that you set your expectations so high off of a small clip.

Caayn

Thanks Sony/Bungie/Acti for the confirmation to not buy Destiny 2. The withholding of content hurt Destiny 1 for me.

His initial post wasn't an assumption, it was an assertation. There's a huge difference between guessing and stating which is my problem. He could've said "I bet it doesn't have raids or PVP" but he didn't. He straight up said it had neither which people are already taking his word for.

Gotcha. I was confused on what was being discussed. This is more about wording something as fact than stating an assumption--that in my opinion is a very reasonable assumption.

I interpreted his message clear but I get what you are saying.

LKSmash

You need a lesson for how to make logical inferences. Thats not how it works.

So you're spreading misinformation based on no actual confirmation of anything

Thank You!

Does the clip show PVP and Raids? Nope. Once again, never said they werent going to add it in the future.. but from everything revealed about anthem so far, we have no information about the game aside from co-op mode with a single legendary weapon dropping. As much as I liked the video, its way too early to get hyped about something that may or may not have any mmo-like features. Sorry that you set your expectations so high off of a small clip.

Now you're backpedaling into guessing when you were so gung ho sure before. You don't get to decide it doesn't have features because they haven't been discussed yet. How is that so hard to understand?

Strakt

Thank You!

Now you're backpedaling into guessing when you were so gung ho sure before.

Once again you set your expectations so high for a game thats still 2 years out. The video and information we have so far.. none of it indicates raids or pvp are in the game.. the proof is there, you just choose not to believe it. Sorry to shit on your expectations

What? No. What?

How are you going to tell me that Anthem has a raid in it? You can't. It hasn't been confirmed. So I would argue the default assumption is that Anthem does not contain a raid until it is announced that it does.

Just like you probably assume Anthem does not have ride-able wildlife because it has not been announced.

Anthem looks like a great game but saying it has features that are not confirmed yet would be extremely silly. I think you can make a lot of basic assumptions on a game that are fair but when we bring up raiding I think there is not enough console games with that feature to say that it is an expected feature.

And when being directly compared to Destiny, to justify people not wanting to buy Destiny 2, the biggest feature of Destiny are the raids.

The clip doesn't show anything other than jumping out of a town and shooting beasts and robots so obviously that's all the game is, in its entirety. Confirmed.

Strakt

A lot of people jumping on the Anthem train without knowing much about it. Game looks interesting.

Exactly. For all we know, it could simply just be a single player story game with co op mode and loot in it. Show me some clips of features actually in the game and then ill say raids and pvp are in the game lol

Exactly. For all we know, it could simply just be a single player story game with co op mode and loot in it. Show me some clips of features actually in the game and then ill say raids and pvp are in the game lol
Maybe don't say anything either way about things the clip didn't cover when you're framing it as confirmation? Lol

When a game is being pushed as a destiny competitor, there are easy nods to take the hint on. Why wouldn't a destiny competitor have some kind of end game content cycle within a persistent and connected open world?

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's ridiculously silly to think that Anthem won't have some form of PvP. And it will obviously have a Raid-like endgame as well. That's simply the type of game it is.

We don't know anything about those features but the entire game isn't 4 people going on missions together and then you beat it and you're done. There will be "Raids" or something like it and PvP.

jviggy43

How are you going to tell me that Anthem has a raid in it? You can't. It hasn't been confirmed. So I would argue the default assumption is that Anthem does not contain a raid until it is announced that it does.

Just like you probably assume Anthem does not have ride-able wildlife because it has not been announced.

Anthem looks like a great game but saying it has features that are not confirmed yet would be extremely silly. I think you can make a lot of basic assumptions on a game that are fair but when we bring up raiding I think there is not enough console games with that feature to say that it is an expected feature.

Who in here said Anthem has a raid in it? I certainly didn't.

And no, you don't get to default to an assumption that has the same amount of evidence to support it as assuming the game will have a raid in it. No one is arguing that Anthem will have these features, we are arguing that when making deductions that have no evidence one way or the other, the default assumption is "we don't know", not "well lets assume no despite it not being confirmed and is essentially using the same level of reasoning as assuming it will, which is zero".

Strakt

Maybe don't say anything either way about things the clip didn't cover? Lol

When a game is being pushed as a destiny competitor, there are easy nods to take the hint on. Why wouldn't a destiny competitor have some kind of end game content cycle within a persistent and connected open world?

I don't know why you are defending a game that won't be out for 2 years so hard. I'm excited about anthem and ill be buying it, but its a FACT that from all the information we have so far, nothing indicates that that game will have raids or pvp. Does that mean its not in the game? No one knows besides the devs.. but for the consumers, all we've seen is a small clip and know absolutely nothing about the game. Once again, people are hyping themselves up too much only to be disappointed when the game launches.

LKSmash

Maybe don't say anything either way about things the clip didn't cover when you're framing it as confirmation? Lol

I'd just let it be because he's not reading what either of us type. Just talking about how Anthem isn't coming out til 2020 and won't be good.

Who in here said Anthem has a raid in it? I certainly didn't.

And no, you don't get to default to an assumption that has the same amount of evidence to support it as assuming the game will have a raid in it. No one is arguing that Anthem will have these features, we are arguing that when making deductions that have no evidence one way or the other, the default assumption is "we don't know", not "well lets assume no despite it not being confirmed and is essentially suing the same level of reasoning as assuming it will, which is zero".

The very nature of what an is assumption requires an individual to make an informed guess based on context. So saying "we don't know," is not an assumption but a statement of fact. So the assumptions when discussing if a game includes a feature is binary. Yes or no.

A real world scenario is a consumer considering pre-ordering Anthem it goes live. If certain features are not discussed by developers the user assumption can be either "yes that feature is included" or "no that feature is not included" based on context clues.

And if you are getting your wires crossed I suggest re-reading my initial post and seeing what I quoted and what I asked. What LKSmash has been arguing is framing assumptions as facts and I agree with him on that topic.

Strakt

I'd just let it be because he's not reading what either of us type. Just talking about how Anthem isn't coming out til 2020 and won't be good.

LOL. Yea.. im excited for anthem .. and ill be buying it... but it wont be good? Which is it? Cause clearly you aren't reading the parts of my posts where I say im actually excited for anthem and that i liked the small clip shown off, but instead only skim over the parts that seem "negative" to you. Sick logic m8.

I vividly remember the same spiel being given about the PS exclusive Destiny 1 content which eventually never materialized on Xbox. Regardless of your platform preference, exclusive content like this is always bullshit.

OuterLimits

Why is this just now a thing with people? Didn't PS3 players have to suffer through not only secondary content delays, but actual exclusive game delays as well throughout the majority of last gen?

As a PS3 player, I definitely found that annoying. Fortunately it was often just for a month and not a damn year or more.

It sucked when Microsoft did it, and it still sucks now that Sony is doing it.

Top Bottom