• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

It does make me wonder how much "Destiny 2" will change. Their current setup implies that we will still see 'loading areas' that hide the instancing of bubbles. I guess the game areas themselves might become bigger/more complex with a higher player cap, but I have a feeling that we won't see a 'true' open world. But maybe Bungie is working on some tricks :)
If I had to take any guesses, once the previous gen is abandoned, we might see joining of public bubbles. In the 2013 E3 demo, we see a public event happen and then suddenly a bunch of players enter the area. My guess is that we could see "Physics host Alice" migrate to "Physics host Bob" seemlessly while both are in the same Area bubble, but different instances of it. They could have different activity bubbles that they're in, but as long as the location bubble is the "same" they could meet up in the world.

I'm interested in how they can still spice up private bubbles in the current system. We see them doing stuff like the Wanted: Enemies or the Rising Archon in the Breach area, but it's never anything more than that really. I'd love to see some more of the switches they talk about, but in private patrol bubbles. Give me some more interesting boss battles while I'm in the world going from one Cosmodrome area to the next.

Hedera

It happened...

2ph8ziQ.jpg

Rank 13

Definity

So... what's going on here? Are there faction specific shaders you only get from those packages when you level them up once?

Also, Congrats!

Yeah. People grind to crazy high faction levels just for a chance at the shaders. Revenant is probably the most popular one that folks want a chance at.

Edit:
Beaten!

Skolas is great this week, super easy. Just finished a no-wipe PoE 35 in ~43 minutes (GG Bombastico and Drubbed!). Definitely the best time to kill him for anyone that hasn't done it yet. Last week was stupid.

Nightfall is also not as bad as the modifiers make it seem, although those modifiers are garbage. Nexus is just such a short strike it's very manageable.

Good timing to be done with reset activities and post the new OT very soon! Just gotta make the Wall of Shame...

Hedera

So... what's going on here? Are there faction specific shaders you only get from those packages when you level them up once?

Also, Congrats!
Yeah this one is faction specific, it's from Dead Orbit. I just haven't got anything that interesting from the game for a while and I really wanted this shader so thought I'd share my happiness :p

Hedera

Congrats! Best drop of the day! :)

All three of my characters ranked up in DO from the NFs. Nothing to show for it.
Thanks capt! Last few times I ranked up anything I've been getting a single mote each time (like a lot of peeps here it seems). It's nice to get something different. I gasped a little!

Owensboro

Oh good, there's going to be a new thread soon? Then I don't mind spamming questions at the end of this one.

Yeah this one is faction specific, it's from Dead Orbit. I just haven't got anything that interesting from the game for a while and I really wanted this shader so thought I'd share my happiness :p

I love when someone gets something they've been shooting for. It's super awesome if that's something people level Dead Orbit to 30+ for too!

1st Question: Is there a list of faction specific shaders somewhere? Now I'm all interested (but realistically, I don't need anymore carrots to chase in this game!).

2nd Question: Is Brawler even useful in nightfall strikes? I feel like every time I try to take advantage of it I just put myself in more danger and end up dying. I say this as a Defender Titan with the Helm of Saint-14 too!

Edit: 3rd Question: Is there a list of what purple weapons are actually good? I've gotten to the point that I need to start dismantling some to make bank space, but i'm all out of duplicate weapons! Not to mention I need weapon parts bad and am kind of awful at PvP, so doing that Trials of Osiris to buy weapons is out (plus, I'm tragically low on glimmer).

noomi

Skolas is great this week, super easy. Just finished a no-wipe PoE 35 in ~43 minutes (GG Bombastico and Drubbed!). Definitely the best time to kill him for anyone that hasn't done it yet. Last week was stupid.

Nightfall is also not as bad as the modifiers make it seem, although those modifiers are garbage. Nexus is just such a short strike it's very manageable.

Good timing to be done with reset activities and post the new OT very soon! Just gotta make the Wall of Shame...

That's good to hear, I might be inclined to do one tonight if there is any interest around the OT.

I'm looking at you Macello!

deadduck

So it turns out I've been through the Black Heart cut scene and got The Strangers Rifle 3 times and must have deleted them all. The Strangers Rifle is lost forever.

I cried. Then I tried my Skorris Revenge and nearly deleted it because it was so bad. I decided to get my Hopskotch Pilgrim with Feeding Frenzy, Braced Frame and Headseaker. Love the stability over Red Death, amazing how quickly you can see someone's health disappear as the shots connect.

nOoblet16

So I'm top of the table in game have 20-30+ kills and just because I have a final round sniper I get hate messages. I don't final round but use the sniper for it's large magazine size and perfect stability....If I am final rounding then I can't really get that many kills as I will have to waste a lot of bullets.

Can people really not differentiate between being killed by a headshot or a body shot...sometimes people already have low health so body shot without final round kills them anyway.

noomi

So I'm top of the table in game have 20-30+ kills and just because I have a final round sniper I get hate messages. I don't final round but use the sniper for it's large magazine size and perfect stability....If I am final rounding then I can't really get that many kills as I will have to waste a lot of bullets.

Can people really not differentiate between being killed by a headshot or a body shot...sometimes people already have low health so body shot without final round kills them anyway.

When TTK comes PvP will show headshot kills :)

Then noone can send you hate messages!

deadduck

The HS indicator in TK will be a welcome addition. Although it won't stop the low health body shot moan, but hey, you can only help people so much!

Edit: Beaten by Noomi of course!

raindoc

Her courtesy w/ aggressive ballistics, shot package, rifled barrel + luck in the chamber.

Haven't got a Matador, Party Crasher or Felwinter using a Found Verdict mostly....

I think I'm gonna keep it.

I got Bitersteel at rank 6 is that even a thing?

i don't really care about any other shader (from DO). but black is beautiful. i need that revenant (my titan is also approaching rank 30, my hunter is around 10).

noomi

We'll do another run after this one..

I'm at work, but good luck :) I'll try to get a group when I'm home if anything.

I didn't know this, that's actually a great update.

I'm always fond of getting a headshot on a weak enemy that I could have easily body shot.

Headshots are best shots :)

Kind of hard to see but here it is

I got Bitersteel at rank 6 is that even a thing?

That's the only shader I'm missing along with the dead orbit ship, I'm almost rank 60 I think now....

That's good to hear, I might be inclined to do one tonight if there is any interest around the OT.

I'm looking at you Macello!
Yeah, I'm up for some Skolas. I want to bring my friend Andres through it for the first time, but he's usually not on until it's too late for me.

I hardly play crucible, and I need the 100 marks in a week trophy for platinum.

I am having a hard time working out how many marks you get for a win and a loss after house of wolves release. Is it 4 for a loss and 6 for a win?

Does the nightfall bonus affect marks you earn?

Is there a way to maximise your time? A particular game type better than another for earning them?
So my impression is that Rumble and Clash matches are the quickest to complete. You have to be the top player in the group of six for it to count as a win in Rumble, though. Clash, if you go in solo, assuming you win half your matches, would probably be the fastest. Here's the W-L possibility set for reaching 100 marks:

25 matches (0 - 25, 1 - 24)
24 matches (2 - 22, 3 - 21)
23 matches (4 - 19, 5 - 18)
22 matches (6 - 16, 7 - 15)
21 matches (8 - 13, 9 - 12)
20 matches (10 - 10, 11 - 9)
19 matches (12 - 7, 13 - 6)
18 matches (14 - 4, 15 - 3)
17 matches (16 - 1, 17 - 0)

Also, it doesn't matter when you join-in-progress, if you stay until the end of the match, you'll get the marks you're looking for.

Thanks everyone! DGAF is the best.

We finally get to go home today, yay.

Oh and narmer, I clearly didn't choose the classes or else I surely would have chosen a titan.

;-p

It's a shameful dereliction of my duties that I didn't add to the long list of congratulatory messages. Twins sounds amazing, and I'm so happy to hear that everyone is healthy and headed home soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom