• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

Couple things:

The Valorous/Heuristic/Indomitable Light were Three of Coins-like buffs sold by the Speaker for Motes+Planetary Materials (I honestly don't remember exactly what they cost, [but it was never Silver] I can't keep the entire economy in my head) but for a variety of bug-related reasons they were removed. They were also - as has been pointed out - in the data files before TTK shipped.

Someone PM me when Zoba hasn't talked about TLW for a month (seriously, move on). Clock starts now ;b

When will we be able to use hand cannons again in crucible and be competitive ?

The bloom and range nerfs were totally over the top and killed hand cannons dead, when all most users wanted was a tweak to TLW and Thorn.

Its a shame when every hand cannon legendary I receive I convert to marks immediate, dont even need to look at it. You cant have hand guns where the bullets dont go where you are shooting, that is just nuts and totally destroys a players confidence in the gun type because of the crazy bloom on hand cannons.

Couple things:

The Valorous/Heuristic/Indomitable Light were Three of Coins-like buffs sold by the Speaker for Motes+Planetary Materials (I honestly don't remember exactly what they cost, [but it was never Silver] I can't keep the entire economy in my head) but for a variety of bug-related reasons they were removed. They were also - as has been pointed out - in the data files before TTK shipped.

Great to hear, thanks so much for clarifying.

Nothing to worry about everyone! Celebrate good times, come on!

BpkI9O1.gif

Also, lol:

Someone PM me when Zoba hasn't talked about TLW for a month (seriously, move on). Clock starts now ;b

Couple things:

Challenge excepted. If I mention that gun between now and November 14, I will ban myself for a month.

But lemme hipfire Ace of Spades pls. This video says it all. https://vid.me/nTPZ

I could live with the nerf on Weapon Parts since it just means I have to play a couple of additional strikes to get them (IF and WHEN I run out of them), but the nerf on strange coins is the worst thing to come out of this patch.

At this point, I'd be glad if RNGesus just gave me Strange Coins in EVERY Nightfall I ever run in TTK, coz, let's face it, Nightfall gives SHIT-Tier rewards. Oh, what's that? 293 light gauntlets, when I already have two 300 plus rated ones on BOTH of my guardians? Why not just give me 3 Legendary Marks instead?

The most hilarious reward though, is Antiquated Rune. Absolutely useless, redundant, inexcusable piece of trash. The guy in-charge of the loot table for Nightfall must be a sadist or something.

/rant.

Impulsor

Luke Smith is to Destiny what Josh Mosqueira is to Diablo III, if you know what I mean.

So happy to read the clarifications about all that stuff.

BreakJohn

better nightfall rewards would be very welcomed right now. me and my friends still do the nightfall mostly because its become a ritual and the first thing we would do every reset. however since TTK dropped nightfall rewards have been abysmal, to the point we don't even do the nightfall on multiple characters anymore specially when its brutally tough like it was this week. At the very least reputation gain on par with what it used to be would be a great incentive to continue doing them every week.

Weeelll...

I guess I should have asked for more in my rant.

How about fixing Oryx Moldering Shard drop so that he doesn't give you 2 back after taking 20?

Is it too late to ask?

If everyone else at Bungie could communicate stuff like Luke the world would be a better place, instead we get vague news, nerfs without explanation and Deej saying in a 1000 words what could be said in one

Edit can you fix the nightfall rewards today so I can run it this week, thank you :d

Raybunny

Fix TLW.

Fix TLW.

Why everyone asks for only TLW. Check the podcast with the pvp designer ( correct me if I am wrong) about crucible, accuracy, range, stability.

I would say. Rework your hand cannons or some of your hidden balancing stats to make it for a better enjoyment.

Unless seasonal gameplay & loadouts are your preferred flavor.

If everyone else at Bungie could communicate stuff like Luke the world would be a better place, instead we get vague news, nerfs without explanation and Deej saying in a 1000 words what could be said in one

Edit can you fix the nightfall rewards today so I can run it this week, thank you :d

In the interwebs everyone goes mental with each little nitpick .

TheOddOne

Why everyone asks for only TLW. Check the podcast with the pvp designer ( correct me if I am wrong) about crucible, accuracy, range, stability.

I would say. Rework your hand cannons or some of your hidden balancing stats to make it for a better enjoyment.

Unless seasonal gameplay & loadouts are your preferred flavor.
I'm being sarcastic, but yeah I'm right there with you.

Sky Walker

Couple things:

Good good. Are there any plans to add them in the future updates ? Because it sounds cool and I hope to see them in game soon :(

GlamFM

Banned
Now where this is all cleared up, here´s another SCANDAL that needs our attention.

Sony is planing to sell us empty boxes for 40GBP. WTF?

am8RjM2_700b.jpg

nOoblet16

People nitpick and call out names at the slightest of things, that's why it's understandable.
Like even after Luke's post there are people in the Gaming thread who are skeptical since according to them him because he's a dev who's trying to do damage control...and as such would say anything.

it's definitely appreciated when it's cleared up sooner than later, but if all the fires were put out before they started, we'd have no need for a sine wave.

don't think i can go a week without being manic or depressive about Destiny.

Acidote

Has anybody asked Luke directly if hand cannons are where they want them to be or if we can expect adjustments? And I mean hand cannons because they all are in a weak spot, not TLW specifically.

Has anybody asked Luke directly if hand cannons are where they want them to be or if we can expect adjustments? And I mean hand cannons because they all are in a weak spot, not TLW specifically.

accuracy buffs across the board would put them all in a sweet spot IMO. Ace of Spades is my new favorite but missing with it is disheartening.

Haha, that test hand cannon with 5 shots that you need to get crucible kills with. Looks like I'll sniper rifle body shot someone then finish them off with the hand cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom