• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the NF guys, thought I'd have been able to force my hunter through but that was tough.

Also what's with the bullshit reward? Lvl 300 legendary gauntlets? Are you fucking kidding me? The ones I have equipped are 308.

Smart loot my ass.

BahamutPT

Well, the First Curse HC doesn't seem to work with PvE kills like someone posted on Reddit.
I've been grinding Siege of the Warmind and nothing.

Acidote

accuracy buffs across the board would put them all in a sweet spot IMO. Ace of Spades is my new favorite but missing with it is disheartening.

The thing is if they buff (and a buff is needed) hand cannons across the board, they'll have to target certain exotics for a nerf right afterwards and the Ace could be one of them.

The thing is if they buff (and a buff is needed) hand cannons across the board, they'll have to target certain exotics for a nerf right afterwards and the Ace could be one of them.

Ace of Spades is basically a legendary Hand Cannon with a range boost. i can definitely see it becoming the go to Hand Cannon following a buff, but I doubt it will be as prominent as the trinity was (nor do I see a problem if it did become the go to HC alongside the other go to weapons).

I wish they would lower the aim assist on all of them alongside the accuracy buff, so that being killed by a Hand Cannon reflected better on the player. It seems like most people dislike them because of how easy they are to use, but they aren't even the easiest of the 4 primaries.

Well, the First Curse HC doesn't seem to work with PvE kills like someone posted on Reddit.
I've been grinding Siege of the Warmind and nothing.

you have too have a telemtry running as well as using hand cannon
Also i used "you've woken the hive"

I really want to know the second quest line i gotta do tonight though.

BahamutPT

you have too have a telemtry running as well as using hand cannon
Also i used "you've woken the hive"

I really want to know the second quest line i gotta do tonight though.

Seriously? The quest doesn't mention that at all -.- that sucks.

I'm talking about the white weapon from the second part btw, not the first part.

LifEndz

Just deleted all my weapon parts

gg bungie

ggggggggggg

I accidentally deleted my last 20 helium filaments and was pissed. Can't imagine how upset I'd be if I deleted my weapon parts.

Why in the world is there even a "discard" option for weapon parts anyway?

Raybunny

Ace of Spades is basically a legendary Hand Cannon with a range boost. i can definitely see it becoming the go to Hand Cannon following a buff, but I doubt it will be as prominent as the trinity was (nor do I see a problem if it did become the go to HC alongside the other go to weapons).

I wish they would lower the aim assist on all of them alongside the accuracy buff, so that being killed by a Hand Cannon reflected better on the player. It seems like most people dislike them because of how easy they are to use, but they aren't even the easiest of the 4 primaries.

That is a nice point of view but after I went into rumble with two other gaf members and tried some hand cannons after all this new rework. I will think that comment as sarcastic.

The same weapon at point blank ( around less than 2 meters in game) would 2/3 headshot kill or would not even kill with 4/5 headshots. Just regular hand cannon without luck in the chamber etc etc. Range, accuracy, stability, aim assist seem to have randomly generated values each time you shoot a bullet.

Are you sure about that?

Seriously? The quest doesn't mention that at all -.- that sucks.

It said it on the it when i did it last week.
you can also use the hand cannon specific ones (i had 12 in the bank so, result)

Also it works out around 250 kills mate, so we've woken the Hive is the fastest way.

Edit: oh shit, sorry mate. i thought you was on about part 1..

Try using a telemtery for shits and giggles?

BahamutPT

It said it on the it when i did it last week.
you can also use the hand cannon specific ones (i had 12 in the bank so, result)

Also it works out around 250 kills mate, so we've woken the Hive is the fastest way.

Edit: oh shit, sorry mate. i thought you was on about part 1..

Try using a telemtery for shits and giggles?

No problem, I should've been clearer!
I'm running a class item with the HC upgrade/exp perk. That works as a telemetry for other quests, so I don't think that'll do :/

SkylineRKR

You have 308s and are complaining!

Souldestroyer, pls

Still, don't you think NF should at least reward something thats on the same tier? I got some 270 gloves before, and I was 297 or so. Other 2 rewards were 13 coins and my 4th Grasps. NF has been a waste of time so far.

That is a nice point of view but after I went into rumble with two other gaf members and tried some hand cannons after all this new rework. I will think that comment as sarcastic.

The same weapon at point blank ( around less than 2 meters in game) would 2/3 headshot kill or would not even kill with 4 headshots. Just regular hand cannon without luck in the chamber etc etc.

Are you sure about that?

They have high aim assist (don't remember how high or if it's higher than the other primaries), but the distance you have to engage opponents with them [now] makes them more difficult to use in any given scenario. With a Pulse Rifle, you're usually at range and can kill opponents in 2 bursts more consistently. Being good with a HC now means more than it did in Year One, but they're still easy to use. Just inconsistent.

Is that it for The First Curse? I was hoping for something even worse than The Chaperone quest.

Tex Mechanica, pls

I'm gonna cry if it's as uncompetitive as I'm expecting. Or maybe it's also an analog to TLW in that it's good for PvE but stinks for PvP

Daemul

Is there any reason to level the Gunsmith past rank 5? I see no need to do this weapons testing anymore if we've gotten everything we can out of it.

Not entering the crucible until I have a good pr. Got my ass handed to.

Hawkmoon does work but controlling the recoil can be painful under pressure. Now hip firing it doesn't really work anymore for when people come close too.

I remember when it had send it and I could snipe people across the map. Those were the days

How the fuck am I 307 using a 308 1000 yard stare and not killing people with headshots.

Also how is ther not a single IB bounty that promotes actually capping points

Shito

How the fuck am I 307 using a 308 1000 yard stare and not killing people with headshots.

Also how is ther not a single IB bounty that promotes actually capping points
Are the daily bounties the same ones as yesterday?
I don't know if a bounty asking people to cap points would be a good thing, I mean all the blueberrys are already capping the third point and flipping the spawns, so if you give them a reason for that now... ^^

Nuszka

Yup. This quest is going to be a pain in the ass. The gun is terrible, yet I am expected to get a seven kill streak and 7 precision kill streak. It's going to require a lot of luck.

The 7 kill streak can be done in pve environment , the headshot sprees mean you only need to get 7 hs kills in one crucible game , you apparently can die in between. Btw morning gaf

Raybunny

They have high aim assist (don't remember how high or if it's higher than the other primaries), but the distance you have to engage opponents with them [now] makes them more difficult to use in any given scenario. With a Pulse Rifle, you're usually at range and can kill opponents in 2 bursts more consistently. Being good with a HC now means more than it did in Year One, but they're still easy to use. Just inconsistent.

Right on that easy use part and aim assist. But as you said pulse can 2 burst anyone at a good range, the aim assist plus the easy to use factor might not even save you there. What is it good for? Risk/reward seem to be not on the spot for the type of weapon it is.

Luck factor ? Each time I use an hand cannon I think: Range, accuracy and stability seem to have randomly generated values per shot. I do include range cause its more than just range.

I am far from a good player. And used HC since launch. My skills aren't that bad to detect that it wont cut it out unless I use the Ace or the baby hankmoon. Should say a lot.

Not quitting on them though.

il_570xN.778795954_seqc.jpg

Why wont the universe let me have the perfect game?

Destiny with Halo 5 forge.
Or Halo 5 if it played as good as Destiny.

I'd probably pick the former. I want to make Vex maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom