• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you shooting them from far away? there's a range stat now.
I was however I was getting killed in one shot from the exact same distance.

Are the daily bounties the same ones as yesterday?
I don't know if a bounty asking people to cap points would be a good thing, I mean all the blueberrys are already capping the third point and flipping the spawns, so if you give them a reason for that now... ^^

Not sure. IB started at like 2am my time and reset just before I got home from work. Missed a full day of bounties etc.

The 7 kill streak can be done in pve environment , the headshot sprees mean you only need to get 7 hs kills in one crucible game , you apparently can die in between. Btw morning gaf

Wow this is communicated extremely poorly. It should say kill seven enemies in one life, get seven headshot kills in one crucible game, and infuse to whatever level is needed.

You have 308s and are complaining!

Souldestroyer, pls

My loot pool only goes to 310!! Luke please fix to 500! K thnx bye...

Being a bit more serious, there are currently 2 routes to 310 as far as I can see. Grinding raid drops and grinding exotic engrams for infusion... I think both of these are deliberately "long tail" and that's fine. Being 310 versus 30x is an emotional goal not really a logical one...I.e. There isn't any content gated behind a long level grind.

So the nightfall reward change would effectively help speed up the non-raid route to 310..plus help speed up the busy work of getting cosmetic faction drops (assuming you don't need the 280 light gear drops). That's all good IMHO.

It's worth bearing in mind that Bungie, and Luke, are trying to move the grind to breadth rather than depth. I.e. trying to get decent armour of each element type, or a particular set of stats that suit a particular exotic choice. I'm not sure how easy that will be to achieve when the primary damage modifier is based on vertical progression...but I wish them luck! :)

deoee

Not entering the crucible until I have a good pr. Got my ass handed to.

Used apple of discord yesterday. Got my balls cut by all the red death and bad juju :-/

Hawkmoon saved me later on. Still need to decide if I like that one ore Ace of Spades better.

RexNovis

Banned
Thanks for the NF guys, thought I'd have been able to force my hunter through but that was tough.

Also what's with the bullshit reward? Lvl 300 legendary gauntlets? Are you fucking kidding me? The ones I have equipped are 308.

Smart loot my ass.

Yea this week is rough. Definitely hardest NF yet.

Both my rewards have been duplicate exotic helms... I thought we were supposed to be getting less duplicate stuff.

Raybunny

Wait, I can get the kill sprees in PvE on first curse quest? I already have the headshots part done.

I saw on reddit a post about it. Confirming PVE worked for it. - Wrong

Step 3: The quest description is a bit unclear, this is what they want... (thanks to /u/lockjaw00/ for clarifying)

Infuse the weapon to unlock a new perk slot on it (speculation is 260LL at least?).
1 - Get a 7 kill spree in PvE with the Imprecation
2 - Have to get 7 precision kills in one game in the Crucible (doesn't have to be in one life)
3 - Get Hand Cannon kills with a Primary or Hand Cannon Telemetry active (TIP: Do this at seige of the warmind, or patrol, etc. Pretty quick.)
4 - After, speak to Banshee at the tower.

4 steps it seems. Can you guys confirm me this?

That tense moment going into a new Match at 9/10 kill streak. Watch me choke.

Edit: what a friggin joke. Joined into a losing match and got blown up with golden gun instantly.

maomaoIYP

IB weeks always stress me out. I refuse to do IB level 5 three times. I should also try setting goals instead.
Today: complete gunsmith tests x 3, do daily bounties x 1, do daily heroic and crucible x 1, do first curse quest x 1, play IB till I pass out.

Right on that easy use part and aim assist. But as you said pulse can 2 burst anyone at a good range, the aim assist plus the easy to use factor might not even save you there. What is it good for? Risk/reward seem to be not on the spot for the type of weapon it is.

Luck factor ? Each time I use an hand cannon I think: Range, accuracy and stability seem to have randomly generated values per shot. I do include range cause its more than just range.

I am far from a good player. And used HC since launch. My skills aren't that bad to detect that it wont cut it out unless I use the Ace or the baby hankmoon. Should say a lot.

Not quitting on them though.

il_570xN.778795954_seqc.jpg
"Return of the handcannons" in weapon balance 6

Bradach

My PS4 is stuck at Preparing to Download 0%. I just want to play :(

For me it sat at 0% for a good 15 mins then decided to download 500mb (which took another 20 mins or so)

A buddy of mine wasn't so lucky and it decided to re-download 18 gigs. (corrupt files I think he said)

Shito

For me it sat at 0% for a good 15 mins then decided to download 500mb (which took another 20 mins or so)

A buddy of mine wasn't so lucky and it decided to re-download 18 gigs. (corrupt files I think he said)
I got the in-between version of this: switched on the PS4, went to do other things, and when I came back to it my download was tagged as "couldn't update". Trying to start it again would prompt the same message again after a few seconds stucked at "preparing download: 0%", telling me the data was corrupt.
I had to erase this update and manually go to "check updates" on the Destiny tile for it to accept downloading it again.
I feared this would make me re-download the whole 18GB thing, but it didn't, it only erased yesterday's patch and started again from there.

Imprecation quest complete, classic 6v6 worked 1st game for headshot kills, so many scrubs. 7 killstreak in PvE has to be done without reloading, now to wait another week.

IB is just pulse rifles, not fun at all.

Imprecation quest complete, classic 6v6 worked 1st game for headshot kills, so many scrubs. 7 killstreak in PvE has to be done without reloading, now to wait another week.

IB is just pulse rifles, not fun at all.

Ah! No reloading! Thanks! They should make that a bit more clear on the quest log.

Tovarisc

That "If you have shotgun equipped you should lose all agility, mobility and accuracy" sounds like terribad idea that should never reach game itself. I'm not saying shotguns aren't too easy and go-to special atm, but going to extremes and making whole weapon class worthless is never solution.

it's the fact that awareness for the core issue is being raised that made me post it.

there has never been a penalty for running with, jumping, sliding, or hip firing a shotgun unlike every other weapon in the game. they either bump shotguns down accordingly, or bring everything else up.

Bogeypop

I was wondering why the Gunsmith Handcannon PvP Test Weapon was so beast. Thought it would be harder getting the kills, but managed to get them rather quickly and easily. Didn't notice it had Final Round, so that would explain it. That and all the good PvP players seem to be doing Iron Banner rather than the Daily PvP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom