• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

N313

BTW DMC4SE OT is completed.

Final call for any additions that anyone wants to make to it. Logos, banners, custom creations are all appreciated. We got an OT banner but its pretty simple. Overall pretty standard OT but a lot of information is covered.

It will be posted tomorrow at midnight as per the rules for posting OTs.

tumblr_npuz5q5vBR1sif74ko1_1280.jpg

My friend Swillo (you might remember him from vanilla DMC4 videos ages ago) will be getting the game tomorrow! He is a skilled player,so it's worth checking out. His Twitch is twitch.tv/pandakingex.

Whoops i just bought DMC3:SE, it's on sale on steam right now and i couldn't stop myself. Haven't touched this game since i was like 11-12 or something, so this is going to be really interesting. Any specific mods to get outside of that Style switcher one and Widescreen fix? This thread seems to act as the unofficial thread for DMC in general so i figured i'd post here instead of making a new thread about a few questions. sorry if OT.

TreIII

I'll be away for the next few days, due to my vacation. But comforting to know this game will be waiting for me when I return!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Last I checked, pre-load was not up yet on Steam.

Whoops i just bought DMC3:SE, it's on sale on steam right now and i couldn't stop myself. Haven't touched this game since i was like 11-12 or something, so this is going to be really interesting. Any specific mods to get outside of that Style switcher one and Widescreen fix? This thread seems to act as the unofficial thread for DMC in general so i figured i'd post here instead of making a new thread about a few questions. sorry if OT.

The style switch mod seems to include the latest patch and fixes from all accounts here. I think it's up on nexus mods. Depending on your sound card people have had incompatibility issues that were rectified by removing certain music files. If you're having trouble setting it up, let us know.

Shinjica

So apparently DMC4SE has microtransactions:

I stumbled upon this on the offical site while helping out on making the OT for the game.

You can buy modes and Super characters plus other items with real money.

PAY TO WIN AT DMC4!!!!!

Sad thing really. RIP command imput cheat code.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Seems odd to set it deliberately before DMC3 but then make it non canon?

Not that I am bothered particularly.

The gameplay is non canon. The two cutscenes book ending the gameplay are canon. At least the first takes place prior to the events of DMC3.

dan2026

Ok I get it thanks.

What is the last you actually see of Virgil in the series? When Dante kills? him as Nelo Angelo?

Thinking about it, it would be nice to see a Nelo Angelo costume for Virgil.

Sephzilla

Ok I get it thanks.

What is the last you actually see of Virgil in the series? When Dante kills? him as Nelo Angelo?

Thinking about it, it would be nice to see a Nelo Angelo costume for Virgil.

It'll be the last we see of him
assuming DMC4SE doesn't tease his return in DMC5

Last I checked, pre-load was not up yet on Steam.

The style switch mod seems to include the latest patch and fixes from all accounts here. I think it's up on nexus mods. Depending on your sound card people have had incompatibility issues that were rectified by removing certain music files. If you're having trouble setting it up, let us know.

Ah yeah, didn't need anything else to set up the controls and Widescreen. Looks great! Noticed i got one hell of an fps drop when i fought the first boss. Supposed to be linked to certain audio files, apparently. I'll have a look at that, but otherwise this looks and plays great!

Who here is getting the Japanese version? When you get it can you let us know if the menu can be in full English?

Would it be wrong to not pay for my Japanese version at Amiami so I can get the Asian version from Play-Asia? The reason why is because you can't cancel an order there even if its preorder.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Who here is getting the Japanese version? When you get it can you let us know if the menu can be in full English?

Would it be wrong to not pay for my Japanese version at Amiami so I can get the Asian version from Play-Asia? The reason why is because you can't cancel an order there even if its preorder.

Just send them a message requesting cancellation. I order from Amiami all the time. They don't allow cancellations because they often feature discounted prices, but they often make exceptions. If not, they might ban your account, but it's still better than simply not paying. Not paying will basically guarantee a ban.

Lt.Chips

I preordered my copy on NA PSN!! I chose this game over Batman, that's how much I am looking forward to this :)

FYI, a gaming community forum that I often go to (based in South Korea - South Korea also received a retail release of DMC4SE, based on the JP version), there is a report that the disc version of DMC4SE has some issues.

It seems the disc is constantly being read during gameplay (and yes, this is after the game has been fully installed on the HDD, which is abnormal), and during the cutscenes the audio isn't synched to what's happening in the screen.

Anteater

huh arkham knight comes out the same day as the dmc4se steam release

hmm I guess I'll try to blast through AK first, will preorder before next week though, need those fucking costumes.

Rnr1224

Very tempted to buy this from GMG. They got a voucher that gives you 25% off. Thought there may be sale on steam but after today's flash sale, it doesn't seem likely.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Very tempted to buy this from GMG. They got a voucher that gives you 25% off. Thought there may be sale on steam but after today's flash sale, it doesn't seem likely.

GMG will be the cheapest route in the immediate future. They're not going to discount it during the Steam sale. The franchise daily for DMC already went up as neither version of DMC4 was discounted.

I preordered my copy on NA PSN!! I chose this game over Batman, that's how much I am looking forward to this :)

FYI, a gaming community forum that I often go to (based in South Korea - South Korea also received a retail release of DMC4SE, based on the JP version), there is a report that the disc version of DMC4SE has some issues.

It seems the disc is constantly being read during gameplay (and yes, this is after the game has been fully installed on the HDD, which is abnormal), and during the cutscenes the audio isn't synched to what's happening in the screen.

Uh oh. That ain't good. Hopefully it's just pending a patch or something since it's still prior to release.

Lt.Chips

Uh oh. That ain't good. Hopefully it's just pending a patch or something since it's still prior to release.

Here's hoping that this is an isolated incident. Others are saying they can't enter certain doors? Hopefully some of the streamers may be able to confirm this.

Top Bottom