• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 SE: Vergil, Trish & Lady Playable, Release Date 18th of June

BadWolf

SUPER excited to see how Lady and Trish play, especially Lady. And yeah, Lady using firearms for melee attacks could result in a great sly Bayonetta tribute character. I hope she has a double jump that causes damage to enemies (by rocket jumping).

After replaying DMC3 I actually thought the opposite, felt like they took inspiration for Bayonetta from how lady fought in the cutscenes.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Lady and Trish wasn't in DMC4 was she, so new models?

Dahbomb

yalp0M.gif

TreIII

They can replace her DT with some sort of Kalinn Anne AoE attack or massive homing missiles, I'd hate for them to cheap out & give her a DT buff that makes no sense to the story.

Well, considering she and her Daddy, Arkham, were both descendants of the Priestess from DMC3's backstory, there is some potential there, if they really wanted to give her some type of "magical ability".

At this point, unless Vergil or Trish stand to get Quicksilver, maybe they can give her Dante's old Bangle of Time from DMC1 that he never used again.

Lady and Trish wasn't in DMC4 was she, so new models:

They already have character models. It's just a matter of giving them an actual play style, now.

Menome

That promo picture makes me hopeful that it'll be the DMC3 version of Lady we'll be able play as. Talk about trashing a character design with the way she was in DMC4.

Raonak

Banned
WOW.

vergil was alredy great, but adding 2 additonal characters!?
This feels very uncapcomy, and basically confirms the existance of DMC5. there's no way they'd put this much effort for a 7 year old game.

Found a bit more news on DMC4SE so let me bundle it all up:

http://otakomu.jp/archives/238521.html

• Vergil, Lady & Trish playable characters. [VERGIL GAME] for Vergil and [LADY/TRISH GAME] for Lady/Trish.
  • You can select those characters from Nero/Dante's missions after you clear them the first time.
  • They're using the PC version of DMC4 for DMC4SE.
  • Legendary Dark Knight mode added in all releases of DMC4SE
  • Each new character in DMC4SE has a new Opening and Ending movie.
  • First-print copies of DMC4SE will include additional costumes for Lady and Trish.
  • Development of DMC4SE is currently at 90%
  • Release Date 18th of June, 24 of June for PC version.
  • Priced at 4,490 yen in Japan making this a budgeted release.

No word yet on a disc release though.

Alo0oy

Banned
I love costumes...

I HATE pre-order bonuses!

TBH, I don't care, for a while DMC4 (alongside need for speed lol) was the only game I had on my PS3, so I put maybe over 1000 hours into the game (& then a 100 more on the PC port).

More costumes is good news to me, I know it's shitty that it's just pre-order bonus, but I want those costumes.

Viliger

I hope it's possible to upgrade for PC instead of being forced to buy the game again.
I hope we will get loyalty discount, like with Deus Ex: HR. Although it's Capcom, so I doubt it.
That promo picture makes me hopeful that it'll be the DMC3 version of Lady we'll be able play as. Talk about trashing a character design with the way she was in DMC4.
To be fair, her design isn't that much different. She changed miniskirt for shorts and got a boob-job.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm actually hoping they're doing the right thing and restructuring the parts of levels that rely on the Devil Bringer so you can also play as Nero in any level and play as Dante in any level.

I'm a bit bummed that this seems to confirm that there won't, in fact, be a new Vergil campaign, though. But I always thought that'd be the case because of what's scalable to develop and what isn't (new level assets might be more costly to include).

SUPER excited to see how Lady and Trish play, especially Lady (I wanna see Trish play like she does in MvC3 with a heavy reliance on the Sparda's ability to change shape). And yeah, Lady using firearms for melee attacks could result in a great sly Bayonetta tribute character. I hope she has a double jump that causes damage to enemies (by rocket jumping).

I'm definitely hoping this also includes stuff like a classic weapons pack for Dante (Cerberus, A&R, Nevan, Artemis at least, please) and (if we're REALLY REALLY lucky) classic bosses so we can re-fight Phantom, Cerberus, Beowulf, even classic Vergil and Nelo Angelo.

Restructuring of previous levels sounds like a huge undertaking, but I agree that would be the best solution.

And yeah, seems like no Vergil campaign? It's a bit unclear.

They've actually already added more than I was expecting with Lady and Trish. I didn't actually believe they would do it, but their inclusion is HUGE. I really hope that they still add things like a training mode and adjustments to scoring/Bloody Palace. Those will make a huge difference.

Guys guys guys....

E3 2015 = June 16-18

DMC4SE Release Date = June 18

star%20trek%20head%20explode.gif

Carbonox

• Vergil, Lady & Trish playable characters. [VERGIL GAME] for Vergil and [LADY/TRISH GAME] for Lady/Trish.
  • You can select those characters from Nero/Dante's missions after you clear them the first time.
  • First-print copies of DMC4SE will include additional costumes for Lady and Trish.

Suggests to me that Vergil won't be getting his own story stuff after all barring two cutscenes.

Alo0oy

Banned
Well, considering she and her Daddy, Arkham, were both descendants of the Priestess from DMC3's backstory, there is some potential there, if they really wanted to give her some type of "magical ability".

She was a descendant of a priestess, she has no magical or demon blood or abilities, her father went out of his way to sacrifice humans just to get "Demon" blood in him.

Lady is 100% human, retconning that would be bullshit, she makes the perfect balance to Dante's crew, Trish is a full demon, Dante is a halfbreed, Lady is a full human.

Dahbomb

Vergil, Lady & Trish playable characters. [VERGIL GAME] for Vergil and [LADY/TRISH GAME] for Lady/Trish.

This tells me that there's more to Vergil than just him being put in Dante/Nero's level. Why have a separate mode just for him? Lady/Trish together suggests they are just going to be running the same levels but I think Vergil's might be altered.

I mean they are spending a lot of teasers on Vergil with his model behind the logo... there has to be more to him than just levels retread and 2 new cutscenes.

Grief.exe

That's kind of pricey actually.

Squishy3

inb4 after beating the game with all 3 characters you unlock a dmc5 teaser

capcom please

we're getting ending movies for all 3 characters, surely that has to mean something, since dmc3 only had the prologue cutscene

Frantic

I don't even know what to say. I didn't expect Vergil and Trish and Lady to be playable. And PC version within a week? Based Itsuno delivering the goods in spades. GOAT Remaster of a game. DMC5 almost 95% guaranteed at this point.

im crying irl rite now

Now give Dante some legacy weapons too, pls. :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
  • Vergil, Lady & Trish are playable characters. [VERGIL GAME] for Vergil and [LADY/TRISH GAME] for Lady/Trish.
  • Legendary Dark Knight mode added in all releases of DMC4SE.
  • Release Date is 18th of June for the Xbox One and PS4 version, 24th of June for PC version.

icsLlnnYWclXY.gif

DMC franchise is doing remasters right, other publishers/developers need to take note.

Village

Is this like an upgrade or do i have to buy an entire other thing?

Because i own the pc version of dmc 4, just curious

Top Bottom