• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devs can use Scorpio's 6 teraflops however they wish(wont force 4k), says Spencer

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Scorpio being a 4k only machine would be exquisitely dumb, so I'm basically assuming that people have their wires crossed and it's exactly like a Neo scenario where as long as the games run on the base console, they can upgrade the graphics and framerate on the Scorpio.

It's spaghetti right now, not just crossed wires. But I agree. Anything else would be too dumb to believe.

Likely the recommendations and specifications are based around a 4x resolution increase so that would make sense to make the Scorpio version 4K at whatever framerate and detail level the XB1 version is. Also the simplest option for the developer. But if the dev wants to do something else that's fine.

Framerate I'm not sure about. Unless they are including a significantly faster CPU, the framerate may be more likely to stay in line with XB1

TheYanger

It's like gaffers are suddenly intentionally trying to find odd contradictions. Does anyone really hink that the console would force devs to make games at 4k, when no previous console has done so? our current gen doesn't even force 1080p.

The fact that they are Microsoft and keep fucking up their communication IS a disaster. The subject is irrelevant, I'm talking about their approach.

They're not though, it's literally people trying to find any piece of text said and blow it as out of context as possible for clicks.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
MS PR

YQIDOzF.jpg

Does anyone really hink that the console would force devs to make games at 4k, when no previous console has done so?

It is not a question that it forces devs to do that, rather what it just does by default... i.e. runs xb1 games at a higher res and that is what it does... alone by default.. you know... to maintain simple development and cross xb1 compatibility without performance advantages.

Septimius

Holy overreaction Batman. Their messaging is garbage but it's definitely not a "disaster".

You can't say that this is anything other than outright ridiculous. The other thread about how it is solely for 4K TVs had people calling their bullshit, and then he flakes like this. I have no issue with anyone calling this disastrous. Trying to understand how these iterative generations will work is key for everyone interested in consoles these days, and Microsoft run around not even consistent outwards. If only it was the bullshit about it being for 4K we had to relate to, at least we'd know they were just trying to keep the Xbone relevant. This is just stupid.

Compsiox

Banned
This is just awful. It should be for devs to do whatever. If they choose to do 4K then fine but to come out and say that the box is intened for 4K is awful.

Top Bottom