• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Is Uncharted 4 the generational leap we were hoping for?

delta25

Banned
I see VFX_VETERAN has been hard at work.
8IF06MZ.jpg

I kid ;)

Well, I know you just mean kidding.
But you know, I am afraid someone will take it seriously.

pretty damn sure a lot of people will fall for it. with the current trend of ubisoft downgrade and witcher 3 downgrade thread also many other game that people accuse of downgrade. I'm certain that pic will just add fuel to fire. people will use it as example etc. the only good thing coming out of this are the crows served when the game will finally released.

pastrami

Heh. This reminds me of the Assassin's Creed thread where people thought there was different lighting between versions/patches, but it was just the difference between time of day. Come on people.

SpyGuy239

I loved the presentation, Loved the character models and animations, but damn was hoping for better overall improvement in Environmental IQ especially lighting. I'm talking near Crysis 3 standards.

Was just hoping for more after that EPIC E3 teaser.

pastrami

Did you read the article in the OP?

I'm talking about delta25's picture. He made it as a joke, but people are taking it at face value that you can see differences despite the low resolution images and time of day differences.

Ohh it will flow around some comment sections and serve as fanboy fodder. You can bet on that.

For sure. People were livid about the patch that supposedly downgraded AC: Unity's lighting until...oops, the comparison images were taken at different time of days.

A.J.

Banned
Do people not understand that rendering good looking cg trailers doesn't require a lot of horsepower. Both those things happened on the PS4 but one is obviously the gameplay. The game will take another hit in graphics if they are going to hit 60fps so I hope people are ready for that. Or ND just implements framerate options again which would be ideal.

Why's that image a joke post? is it inaccurate? it was what was shown by ND. Why would there be a difference in time of day? Foliage is missing too, if it's the same spot.

Are we still expecting the final game to look like the teaser?

Lemondish

Why's that image a joke post? is it inaccurate? it was what was shown by ND. Why would there be a difference in time of day? Foliage is missing too, if it's the same spot.

Are we still expecting the final game to look like the teaser?

It is inaccurate.

Yes, it was what was shown by ND, but the picture taken from the event is compressed to hell due to the method it was shared.

There would be a difference in the time of day because that's what happens when time passes.

It isn't the same spot.

Who knows? It's possible. What we saw at 60fps would still make it one of the prettiest games evar.

I didn't expect the game to look this rough after that teaser they released.

Joke post?

It is inaccurate.

Yes, it was what was shown by ND, but the picture taken from the event is compressed to hell due to the method it was shared.

There would be a difference in the time of day because that's what happens when time passes.

It isn't the same spot.

Who knows? It's possible. What we saw at 60fps would still make it one of the prettiest games evar.

Ah you're right, it's not the same time of day as the teaser.

Isn't Gamersyde video uncompressed? All things considered, is the game still on track to look as good as the teaser?

Seeing how Drake brother looks incredible too. I really don't see how that E3 Drake simply isn't a later model? The wounds and wet hair, they talked about how Drake's hair would get wet also.

People lighting up the E3 model and the PSX demo, it's pretty dead on except for the wounds and wet hair.

I've been compressing videos a lot in the past few years and I'm quite sure the IQ won't degrade that much due to compression. It's easy to compress 3gb vids to 300mb. Perhaps it's due to their unusual method of compression?

I'm looking forward to the game as well, but perhaps later in mid-year or so after I picked up my PS4. The teaser version looks amazing.

omonimo

Banned
If the shadow is so low res that you can't see it.. then what''s the point? It's certainly not making the image look better. To say, "Hey! It's there! It's just low res.. you are wrong!" doesn't really fix the problem that it's not making the character look believable (which was my point).
God Lord. If you can't catch the real tech difference, your complaints are completely unfair and minformative, it's that the fucking point. I can't believe you trying to defend such attitude, that's the most irritating part. At least you should give some excuse for your previous attitude. You flame the first half of the thread with subjective criticism and you tried to pass like an objective tech analysis.That's it. Just stay away to such behavior the next time, my suggest, because it's quite easy to do the same thing with AC Unity, I can post some random gameplay gif just to say 'goosh look at the downgrade'. Especially looking to the first trailer released from ubi.

Top Bottom