• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: PS4 COD frame judder caused by frame rate HIGHER than 60fps

3t5f5l.jpg

CDV13

That's what it sounds like lol.

On a side note, where are these massive frame rate drops that Polygon and Joystiq speak of? There seem to be barely any in the frame rate analysis video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pjALK0XyPY#t=92

Shenanigans afoot it seems...

Yea this is ridiculous to me as well. I have played the game for a few hours MP and a little bit of SP. Slight frame issues but its pretty rare. Nothing that hampers the experience tbh.

CozMick

Banned
Holy shit, this news, THIS NEWS!!

Laughing My Fucking Arse Off, Playstation 4 "too powerful for its own good"

Sony marketing should have a field day.

teiresias

Are we talking XB1 vs PS4? Because I don't agree.

He's talking about the visual effect of going above or below 60fps are pretty much the same, so unless you analyze it you won't know which is the reason for the judder. He's not talking about resolution.

Raist

Banned
That's what it sounds like lol.

On a side note, where are these massive frame rate drops that Polygon and Joystiq speak of? There seem to be barely any in the frame rate analysis video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pjALK0XyPY#t=92

Shenanigans afoot it seems...

The human eye is not capable of seeing over 60FPS. Therefore, when it goes over, it looks slower. It's like, if you drop liquid nitrogen (super cold) on your skin, it feels like a burn. Leave Polygon and Joystiq alone :(

I’m living in that 21st Century, doing something mean to it
Do it better than anybody you ever seen do it
Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it
I guess every superhero need his theme music

No one Console should have all that power
The fraps is ticking, I just count the pixels
Stop tripping, I’m tripping off the power (21st-Century schizoid box)
The port is broken, PSN is closed, the patch is coming
We ain’t got nothing to lose, Polygon we rolling
Huh? Polygon we rolling

With some Cerny gifs and some Antonio Banderas
In this Microsoft world, we the ones chosen
So goodnight, cruel world, I’ll see you in the morning
Huh? I’ll see you in the morning
This is way too much, I need a moment

Pagusas

Elden Member
But my 52" 1080p Aquos is 120hz tho.

doesnt work that way bud. Your tv accepts only and processes only 60hz inputs, the pannel is driven at 120hz but only for things like motioestimation that is added to the signal, and for being an even divisible of 24fps for showing films without a 3:2 pulldown.

nib95

Banned
"slows to a crawl" is a phrase I remember hearing.

Basically, Polygon and Joystiq are full of shit. We already knew Polygon was full of shit, but Joystiq being added to the fray is amusing. Joystiq also have questionably harsh taste in games too going by their recent reviews.

MaLDo

In pc games you can avoid occasional judder using DXTory or other frame limiter. That "too high framerate" is exactly how judder works. If you have a hitch in framerate, the frame that miss the screen refresh is finally sended to screen too near the next frame so in that instant the framerate is too high. It doesn't mean too much performance horsepower, is a different problem. The frame is not sended in the right moment, so distance between frames is not equal. The longer part is the "hitch" or judder moment, the shorter part is the "too high framerate" moment.

Wait wait wait...

So all of this time that COD was getting shit for having frame rate issues... It was because it was fluctuating above 60 fps?

Sounds very fixable and this just only adds to this drama greatly.

PS4 is a beast.

nib95

Banned
So are Polygon going to revise their review scores? Or is this part of paying back that $750,000 favour? Lol.

Top Bottom