• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory announced for PS4, PS Vita

The latest issue of V-Jump has first details on Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory, the latest entry in the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth series due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in Japan in 2017.

Hacker’s Memory is set in the same world as the original Cyber Sleuth and features a new story “on the other side of Cyber Sleuth.” The protagonist is Keisuke Amazawa (name changeable), a young man who had to jump into the hacker world after he was made the criminal in a case he knows nothing about. Character designs look to again be by Suzuhito Yasuda.

The basic systems from the original Cyber Sleuth, including the Digi-Farm, will return, with various elements powered up. Over 320 Digimon will appear.

Bandai Namco will also include the original Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory as a pack-in title.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-hackers-memory-announced-ps4-ps-vita

Sealtest

Great news for Digimon Fans.

tumblr_moi4eig6gk1rjxsxno1_500.gif

RalchAC

I assume you'll be able to change your gender as well since my CS character was female.

In the rumour thread somebody pointed out that the female main character was announced at a later date.

And I think the last few games allowed you to change your gender. Re:Digitze and it's 3DS port, Cyber Sleuth and Next Order could AFAIK.

So it should be possible.

Wonder if we'll get both games in one package in the West. And, if so, what will happen with the original localization.

Chase17

I've been interested in this game but have not pulled the trigger. I wonder what the chances are of the first game being a pack in here.

As I said in the rumor thread, yay. Now bring that Vita version to the west, please.

Also really wonder how they're going to handle including the first game.

True Fire

I'm so glad they're fixing a lot of Digimon families that got the shaft in the first game. I hope we get all of the Burst Modes this time around too.

I'd also love some more Digifarm customization, like the DS games.

And they could really work on improving the multiplayer.

True Fire

Whats so good about the first one?

It was kind of a Shin Megami Tensei lite. Very stylish and jazzy, with a really accessible evolution system that begs for experimentation. The story was better than most of the Digimon anime series. Some legitimately surprising plot twists. It was really funny and charismatic too.

For a low budget Vita port, it really stood its ground against other PS4 JRPGs, at least until this year.

I hope this one has a hard mode like the original, me and a friend challenged ourselves to hard mode and it was a great challenge u too the royal knights, which were almost impossible. I got through 2 of them and my friend did 3 on hard mode...

I'm back, baby. Though I hope this game looks better on PS4 than CS1. I know I'm asking for too much, but I'd like it.

I think things like textures will be improved, since both versions are being worked on at the same time. I don't know if this one will deviate from "it was built for the handheld first" feeling, though.

Top Bottom